Compilation of Known Information

Quote from empathogen
    FUUUUUUUU-
    dammit, you just ruined my day, MaRo!
    Hopefully you made at least one new (U/G) one-drop!

Also, thanks for finding the proof, Pulse, even if it's news I despise.
    Maybe it should be added to the main post so it becomes more common knowledge? Wink

Grrrr... Gatecrash better have some really cool stuff to make up for these incomplete cycles.
    At this point, I'm heavily resenting they saved my favorite guilds (Simic, Dimir, Orzhov, Boros) for the second set :p

Those next mechanics had better be superb. I could get no counter cycle being excluded, but those hybrids are arguably the best cycle in rtr. Mayhaps a cycle of 1 drop hybrid enchants or something will replace them.

There is buried treasure everywhere...in a graveyard. Golgari
    Quote from Pseudofate
    Shut down the rumor mill. This man has everything under control.
    Quote from WoodWraith
    Those next mechanics had better be superb. I could get no counter cycle being excluded, but those hybrids are arguably the best cycle in rtr. Mayhaps a cycle of 1 drop hybrid enchants or something will replace them.

Or maybe they won't be a cycle, in RTR there was the "1 drop hybrid uncomon creature cycle", but even with this cycle, there was others 1 drop hybrid outside of the cycle. So i bet that instead of a closed cycle, GTC will have a non-cyclic 1 drop hybrids. With 1 mana hybrids scattered between rarities and different card types. I just really hope for a good 1 drop for Orzhov...
    Guide to gatecrash part 2
    http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg%2Fdaily%2Ffeature%2F225

I don' t know how to link the pictures.

interesting I think I actually quite like all the gatecrash guilds.
    Standard, Budget:
    UBR URB control.
    UB heroic humans
    Modern, Budget:
    GBW Melria Pod (no fetch)
    R Mono red storm

Casual:
    RGB Jund Dragons
    UGrand Architech
    WR Tempered steel
    BG wild defiance Infect.

EDH
    GB Glissa, the traitor
    UWIsperia, Supereme Judge
    UWGDerevi, Empyrial Tactician
    The booster packs:
    http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/1137

Both of my guilds in RTR and GTC have their guild leaders instead of guildmages on the packs. That's an interesting turn of events.
    G Soap: Channeling Spiral Energy since 2006.U

So I guess we know what the pre-release promos for each guild will be.

Orzhov - Treasury Thrull
    Dimir - Consuming Aberration
    Gruul - Rubblehulk
    Boros - Foundry Champion
    Simic - Fathom Mage

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg%2Fdaily%2Farcana%2F1139

For RTR, the guild promos were the same as the featured card for each guild intro pack. I think it's safe to assume they'll do the same thing here.
    Last edited by Self Medicated: 1/4/2013 1:51:02 AM
    I'd like to note that it is likely that cards like Transguild Promenade and Tablet of the Guilds will be reprinted from RtR. There is a noticeable slot in the card numbers of the lands for a land starting with "T", which I believe could easily be Transguild Promenade. If not, then that's a surprising similarity. Has Magic reprinted something in this way, in two expansions from the same block?
    They did want to reprint a card in the same block, though I don't remember when (Time Spiral-Lorwyn era, perhaps?). They didn't do it to prevent confusion in Limited, and you have to keep in mind that RTR and GTC are going to be drafted together, too.
    G Soap: Channeling Spiral Energy since 2006.U

They did want to reprint a card in the same block, though I don't remember when (Time Spiral-Lorwyn era, perhaps?). They didn't do it to prevent confusion in Limited, and you have to keep in mind that RTR and GTC are going to be drafted together, too.

err... wait I thought that GTC was supposed to be "triple drafted by itself"... or am I missing something here?
    Quote from Jedit
    Success is no proof of quality. It's much more likely to be proof of mediocrity.

Quote from Green_Lantern
    Now all we need is a U2 3/3 Sliver Creature with "All Slivers you controll gain old Sliver art".
    Quote from The Descent
    err... wait I thought that GTC was supposed to be "triple drafted by itself"... or am I missing something here?

Dragon's Maze, my friend, Dragon's Maze.
    Quote from The Descent

RTR - triple drafted
    GTC - triple drafted
    Dragon's Maze - RTR + GTC + Dragon's Maze

That's why Dragon's Maze is a small set that includes all ten guilds apparently. That's also why I'm not so sure that we'll get the same level of mana-fixing in this set since RTR was packed with it and was probably to help along standard and the long-term limited.
    Do we get one guild promo plus a guild rare that comes in the guild booster? Or is it the promo that comes in the booster?
    The guild booster has 2 rares.

Promo + semi randomized booster rare.
    I was just wondering if they are spoiling the rest of the cards on Friday, or next Friday.
    Currently playing
    Dega midrange 1-0
    Quote from chipanddale45
    I was just wondering if they are spoiling the rest of the cards on Friday, or next Friday.

The full spoiler will be probably published on Wizards' page on Monday 21st.
    Mad 100% Vorthos Spike and Storyline Expert Mad

Former Fact Prospector of the Greek Alliance.
    Let this great clan rest in peace (2001-2011)

>>Banner by Spanglegluppet<<

Quote from Caranthir
    The full spoiler will be probably published on Wizards' page on Monday 21st.

Don't they usually do it on Wednesday these days?
    Magic Online Release: February 11, 2013
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes