1/1 Previews From DailyMTG (Obzedat, Ghost Council & Lazav, Dimir Mastermind)

So Lazav is an evil shapeshifter. I wonder if he's going to stir up trouble by using his abilities to pose as the other guild leaders. Grin

Trades
    Buy/Sale List

I COLLECT FOIL DRAGONS. CHECK MY TRADE LIST. Grin

(Signature courtesy of Argetlam of Hakai Studios
    liking Ghost Counsel 2.0. I kind of want to update a ghost dad deck for modern now
    Current Game: Bioshock: Infinite

Mabbz on MTGO | Demgrinds on Twitch & Twitter | Helpdesk
    Ridiculous. They give B/W this hard of a push with Obzedat, after they gave U/W the middle finger with Isperia, Supreme Jank.

What's next? Reprint unmake so they get instant speed unconditional removal too?

Standard -------- No thanks, not interested in losing money once a year
    Modern ---------- Budget BG Pod (spending no more than $75 to build)
    Commander ---- Called it quits. For a "casual" format it's not very casual

***Looking for a reputable seller? (422 refs, 100% positive) - Click HERE! for my sales thread. FREE SHIPPING!***
    Wow, Ghost Council is insane. There's very little instant speed removal that can touch him, and he's beefy enough to get through most creatures. Almost makes me want to go Esper over Grixis...almost.
    "There is no greater folly than standing against me."
    —Nicol Bolas
    Quote from Spicay
    I'm more excited about the fact that in the Obzedat spoiler article..Gavin makes a sample Esper control deck with 4 Dimir Charm and he says it's insane in that kind of deck.

I'm wet at the thought of the U/B charm being good.

Hmmm Dimir Charm....Possible opponent reveals their hand and you choose a creature card for them to discard? Possible target player puts the top 3 cards of his or her library into their graveyard?
    Quote from Schondetta
    both amazing cards. hoping for an updated Teysa too for edh. the council seems pretty strong in standard i wouldnt doubt if it saw play. the clone guy is awesome too. nothing really new we have seen the art is awesome and looks delicious to build around

wait edit that, the clone guy becomes a copy when the creature goes into the grave from anywhere
    so this means

play this guy
    do some mulching
    oh did i just mulch in a worldspine wurm?
    profit

When Worldspine Wurm is put into a graveyard from anywhere, shuffle it into its owner's library.
    Quote from Schondetta
    wait edit that, the clone guy becomes a copy when the creature goes into the grave from anywhere
    so this means

play this guy
    do some mulching
    oh did i just mulch in a worldspine wurm?
    profit

opponent's graveyard, unfortunately.
    Obzedat... You know, when the person who writes the article explicitly says its awfully powerful... I think he MIGHT be right. Comparing these to Borbogorymos and Aurelia and i think Boros is going to plain suck this time...
    Decks:

BRG Living End
    UGWRB Titan Bloom (40% complete)
    Quote from ddarooman
    Just curious. How did you find the picture for Lazav with the full text. Everything below hexproof is blurred for me.

You had to read the article and once you got all the way through it sent you back to a different part you had to click to reveal.
    Quote from LittleLizard
    Obzedat... You know, when the person who writes the article explicitly says its awfully powerful... I think he MIGHT be right. Comparing these to Borbogorymos and Aurelia and i think Boros is going to plain suck this time...

"Fun fact about Obzedat: I designed him—but I almost didn't bother suggesting him. In the hole-filling exercise where we submitted ideas for what the new Ghost Council could do, I very nearly deleted this design from my email because I thought it looked so absurdly powerful that it would seem like I had no idea how to balance cards."

His gut feeling was correct. At least..at least it can be chumped?
    Currently Playing ~ RWG Naya Control GWR

Disclaimer: Unless I state otherwise, I'm referring to standard.
    Damn, I love all three of these cards. Obzedat and Lazav both look solid, but Obzedat looks like a foundation card for a deck. Four point life swing each turn? Sign me up!

Lazav sounds fun if you mill your opponent Smile
    Quote from Horseshoe_Hermit
    This thread stopped being serious after The Greendale Human Being's post. And I thank Pat for that.
    Quote from Lyciana
    As far as I know, most grandmothers are also mothers. I could be wrong though...

Want to be a better Magic player? Read the rulings forum and check out the comprehensive rules!
    Note that you can "copy" key Legendary creatures with Lazav without Legend Rule risk. Pretty neat.
    IIW: Bizalara (wedge) commons // Turbofog
    You can't even legend rule Ghost Dad to death. Not easily.

Banner by Topher!
    Also, it's a shame there aren't any pandemonium effects in standard currently. I would be riding w/b/r control all the way then.
    It kind of overshadows the Extort mechanic a bit, the fact you can get just get 4 freaking instances by your next turn without even playing any additional spells.
    Quote from ManyCookies
    Note that you can "copy" Legendary creatures with Lazav, as his name doesn't change for the Legendary rule. Pretty neat.

So we can have say 2 trostanis out on the field then? is that how it works? Thats pretty awesome. This guy truly is nuts
    Obzedat Should have had Flying to make it even better. A Spirit that doesn't fly? Even Though I am now Working on my Esper control deck with him in it. Maybe an EDH deck also.
    UR(U/R)I am a Dimir Agent working with Izzet for my own goalsUB(U/B)

Decks

Future EDH
    BRGAdun OakenshieldG[MANA]R[/MANA]B

When it escaped, the experimenters hesitated. It would cause untold havoc, yet they wished to see it in action.
    Quote from Geaux
    Also, it's a shame there aren't any pandemonium effects in standard currently. I would be riding w/b/r control all the way then.

I also which garruks packleader wasn't fighting for the same CMC spot because that would turn our ghost council hear into a nice card engine
    Quote from Pharmalade
    You can't even legend rule Ghost Dad to death. Not easily.

K, I'm clearly missing something. How can you not? Clone and Evil Twin would both kill him; he retains his name when he copies.
    Quote from Horseshoe_Hermit
    This thread stopped being serious after The Greendale Human Being's post. And I thank Pat for that.
    Quote from Lyciana
    As far as I know, most grandmothers are also mothers. I could be wrong though...

Want to be a better Magic player? Read the rulings forum and check out the comprehensive rules!
    Quote from Dreamstealer
    So we can have say 2 trostanis out on the field then? is that how it works? Thats pretty awesome. This guy truly is nuts

If you have GGWWUUBB lying around and the time to play 2 4 drops that don't do anything right away, yes.
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black][B][SIZE=2]Standard:[/SIZE][/B][SIZE=1] [/SIZE] [SIZE=1][SIZE=1]Bident Layers B Devotion RG Devotion UW Control [/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Modern:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] Jund UW [SIZE=1]Control [SIZE=1]Combo Pod [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] [SIZE=1] [/SIZE] [B][SIZE=2]Legacy:[/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Dea[SIZE=1]thBlade [SIZE=1]RUG Delver[SIZE=1] [SIZE=1][SIZE=1]BUG Control [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE] [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT]

BBCode Render failed due to reaching MaxNestingDepth(5) for Tag: size

K, I'm clearly missing something. How can you not? Clone and Evil Twin would both kill him; he retains his name when he copies.

You'd need an instant-speed clone to be able to copy him, though.
    Quote from Dreamstealer

If thats the case he just become a nightmare in Limited.
    UR(U/R)I am a Dimir Agent working with Izzet for my own goalsUB(U/B)

Decks

Future EDH
    BRGAdun OakenshieldG[MANA]R[/MANA]B

When it escaped, the experimenters hesitated. It would cause untold havoc, yet they wished to see it in action.

Ghost Dad is the Ghost Council, not random Dimir dude.
    Your opponent would have to mill the Trostani/Legendary first, but yes, it'd be possible to have two copies of a Legendary.
    IIW: Bizalara (wedge) commons // Turbofog

He won't be on the field. You'd need an instant speed clone, a Cackling Counterpart that could target your opponents creatures.

The difference between this and the original Ghost Dad however, is that you must wait until your end step to exile it, and cannot do it at will (by sacrificing a creature and paying 1) to evade destruction. At least, that's a plus..I guess?
    Currently Playing ~ RWG Naya Control GWR

Disclaimer: Unless I state otherwise, I'm referring to standard.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes