No One Of This World Can Stop Me - Gatecrash Trailer

I'd definitely buy Gideon turning evil. And I completely agree that Lazav is the big evil in RtR block and that nobody knows it. Szadek was the way way in Ravnica, but just because it was perfect once doesn't mean you shouldn't do it twice. The whole "Dimir pull the strings" thing doesn't get old. Pulling strings is what they do, just as the Gruul smash things and the Azorius prohibit things and the Izzet invent things. If the Dimir weren't behind the scenes it would feel wrong.

Also, good point, Gold Myr. It's possible that there's actually an Eldrazi reference here. Perhaps Lazav is trying to pave the way for an Eldrazi incursion to Ravnica.

Wait.. I see it now... I see the seven year plan in my mind's eye...

Mirrodin is corrupted and becomes New Phyrexia.
    The greatest heroes of the multiverse find their strength on various realms (Karn on New Phyrexia, Sorin on Innistrad, Jace on Ravnica, etc).
    The Eldrazi secure Lazav to pave their way into Ravnica.
    Niv-Mizzet is tricked into releasing the Eldrazi into Ravnica, where they lay waste to the entire plane.
    The Phyrexians are drawn to Ravnica by Eldrazi Magic.
    The Phyrexians, Eldrazi, guilds of Ravnica and Planeswalker heroes all fight each other in an unbelievably huge battle for supremacy that is so large it takes two entire blocks to show what happens.

I guess that's too much awesome all at once. All the eggs in one basket as it were. I still feel like we're headed for Eldrazi vs. Phyrexia, though.
    Last edited by Ith: 12/31/2012 4:27:55 AM
    I was just making a silly joke. Don't even get me started on Bolas vs Phyrexians vs Eldrazi vs Karn vs Yawgmoth vs Urza vs Whoever.
    Quote from Gold Myr
    I was just making a silly joke. Don't even get me started on Bolas vs Phyrexians vs Eldrazi vs Karn vs Yawgmoth vs Urza vs Whoever.

Don't forget the kobalds XD

On a more serious note, don't forget jace is also probably not of ravnica. And he probably knows quite a lot of secrets.
    Quote from darkdawn5012
    Don't forget the kobalds XD

On a more serious note, don't forget jace is also probably not of ravnica. And he probably knows quite a lot of secrets.

Jace has a bad track record when it comes to stopping ppl though. That poor guy can't get right.

There is buried treasure everywhere...in a graveyard. Golgari
    Quote from Pseudofate
    Shut down the rumor mill. This man has everything under control.
    Quote from Gold Myr

Actually, Gideon has Emrakul's spores inside of his body, and he's going to rupture and give birth to the first Eldrazi with a Planeswalker spark. GIDEON WAS THE BIG BAD THE WHOLE TIME.
    Quote from Ith »
    Niv-Mizzet is tricked into releasing the Eldrazi into Ravnica, where they lay waste to the entire plane.

Niv? Tricked? Can that even be done? :p
    Last edited by TK-421: 12/31/2012 5:27:29 AM
    -- Modern Decks --
    WUR Enduring Ideal RUW
    GGG Stompy Crux GGG

-- Elder Dragon Highlander --
    UBU Grimgrin, Zombie Horde UBU
    RWR Jor Kadeen Tron RWR
    BRU Sedris Beatdown URB
    UUU Llawan, Empress of "No" UUU
    WBW Vish Kal Tron WBW
    GRG Thromok Token GRG
    RRR Zo-Zu, Hater of Everything RRR
    Maybe Brushwagg is the mastermind behind the Eldrazi actions!!!
    Quote from bluTopper
    Niv? Tricked? Can that even be done? :p

Well...he does have a sleeper agent in his midst.

There is buried treasure everywhere...in a graveyard. Golgari
    Quote from Pseudofate
    Shut down the rumor mill. This man has everything under control.
    There is? Either way, maybe he knows and believes the spy's skulking
    to be inconsequential. I find it difficult to believe that one of the most
    ancient and brilliant minds on Ravnica can be 'dooped' at all.
    -- Modern Decks --
    WUR Enduring Ideal RUW
    GGG Stompy Crux GGG

-- Elder Dragon Highlander --
    UBU Grimgrin, Zombie Horde UBU
    RWR Jor Kadeen Tron RWR
    BRU Sedris Beatdown URB
    UUU Llawan, Empress of "No" UUU
    WBW Vish Kal Tron WBW
    GRG Thromok Token GRG
    RRR Zo-Zu, Hater of Everything RRR
    Quote from WoodWraith
    Well...he does have a sleeper agent in his midst.

Last I checked he just passes orders down and doesn't take advise from those bellow him.
    Why are the Dimir always the bad guys? Frown
    How long have they been doing these trailers? They're pretty cool.
    "I think EDH would be more fun for the majority of participants if players just showed eachother their decks rather than actually playing games out."
    Quote from Denegaar
    Why are the Dimir always the bad guys? Frown

Because both the Dimir and the story structure of Magic sets are built around mystery, the unknown, guessing games.

"Ravnica is being attacked by Gruul hordes!" just doesn't make for an exiting story.
    Multi
    G Patron of the Orochi
    GU Vorel of the Hull Clade
    WBR Tariel, Reckoner of Souls
    R Fumiko the Lowblood
    GUR Maelstrom Wanderer
    GWUBR Sliver Overlord
    UBR Mishra, Artificer Prodigy
    R Joven
    WU Bruna, Light of Alabaster

Theme
    GUWBR Reaper King - Scarecrows
    GW Krond the Dawn-Clad - Scales
    U Sakashima the Impostor - Masks
    WGURB Karona, False God - Beauties
    UB Ramirez DePietro - Pirates
    URG Riku of Two Reflections - Steampunk Amberground
    Personally, I just want to see card art of Gideon punching Jace straight in his face. And put it in the trailer.

And I believe it's entirely possible to trick Niv-Mizzet. If Nicol Bolas could be tricked by Tetsuo, I think the same could go for Niv. His arrogance could very well be his downfall.
    "There is no greater folly than standing against me."
    —Nicol Bolas
    I hope they will kill Niv, that oversized lizard is so effin' full of himself.
    Quote from Thaifortune
    Personally, I just want to see card art of Gideon punching Jace straight in his face. And put it in the trailer.

And I believe it's entirely possible to trick Niv-Mizzet. If Nicol Bolas could be tricked by Tetsuo, I think the same could go for Niv. His arrogance could very well be his downfall.

In the book for RTR, Jace tried reading Niv's mind, but the Firemind caught him and caused him immense pain.
    Quote from King Pun
    i find it really bad when they start discussing football or basketball

its like watching a catfish talk about mountain climbing

Quote from Nof
    In the same way you can tell someone is from the XVIII century because he is arroused by ankles, you can tell someone is from USA because he feels nipples disturbing.

Gideon will most likely just Pedigree Lazav, then pin for the 3 count.

Standard -------- No thanks, not interested in losing money once a year
    Modern ---------- Budget BG Pod (spending no more than $75 to build)
    Commander ---- Called it quits. For a "casual" format it's not very casual

***Looking for a reputable seller? (422 refs, 100% positive) - Click HERE! for my sales thread. FREE SHIPPING!***
    Nicol Bolas lures the Eldrazi to Ravnica. Niv Mizzet unleashes his master plan and enslaves the Eldrazi in an immense artifact known as the Dragon's Maze, buying Ravnica a finite amount of time. Jace, Gideon, et al travel the planes to gather allies against the inevitable war against the Eldrazi.

The End.
    Quote from Ith
    Wishful thinking maybe, but I really hope Lazav kills Gideon. We've already got a good example of Planeswalker mortality thanks to Venser, but he died a hero's death to save Karn and try to stop the Phyrexians.

Gideon needs to be an example of fragility and tragedy amongst Planeswalkers. He needs to be taken down, not by a faceless overwhelming force like the Phyrexians, but by an individual - in this case Lazav.

Quote from Kryptnyt
    Or converted into a villain.

So Gideon either dies a hero... or lives long enough to see himself become the villain?
    Quote from Mr.Big.D
    In the book for RTR, Jace tried reading Niv's mind, but the Firemind caught him and caused him immense pain.

what's the name of the book
    ?
    It is unlikely that Niv would not know that Sleeper Agent is in High Rank if Niv is the one who send Bori Andon. In premise that Niv wanted network to be 'Kaboom', Bori Andon ringing the Seven Bells 'As he was ordered' is unlikely what Niv wanted, and he would know Bori Andon is sleeper if he already knew (Which we don't know...) Bells were controlled by Dimir.

Recent set pattern has been 'Welcome / Welcome Back to XXX' -> 'Oh, an Exciting Event' -> 'Oh my god this plane is damned / saved' (And drastically altering last two block's mechanic in third.)

I have feeling that Dragon's Maze is going to be a complete mess with Mechanic flying all over the place. (Since there is already 10 solid mechanic, It won't be new mechanic, but it is still likely somewhat a drastic change, like one green card getting Overload and one white card getting unleashed, etc)

Of course, all of them are just stupid prediction. Ignore this and proceed to next.
    Sweet... looks like Gideon will be taking on Lazav.
    Avatar by Disappointing Signet Inc

[SPOILER=Standard]
    RB Devotion to Mogis

UWB Oloro, Ageless Ascetic
    RUG Animar, Soul of the Elements
    I don't think it's anything crazy. It's simply Gideon going against Lazav because they're enemy guilds. Lazav wants to run the place, and since Gideon will take orders from the ginger angel, he'll try, and likely succeed, in stopping him. Gideon is not from this plane, so Lazav has his enemy.

& also, you can't kill the Eldrazi so the planeswalkers stand no chance, whoever brought that up.
    SHANDALAR
    A Custom Core Set
    ---NAZURA---
    A Custom African-Themed Set
    ~THE RAVNICAN CONSORTIUM~
    A Community Set
    Commander: Allies & Adversaries

Quote from Drax
    A MAN CAN DREAM AND GET HIS SIMPLE MATHEMATICS WRONG.

Quote from jonnybgood23
    Pillarfield Ox? The legend returns.

Quote from TheWarden
    You had me at "Camel Shaman."

Is it possible that Niv is building something to contain threats against him? I'm just curious because it seems like the MtG storylines have a history of prison style story catalysts. I wonder if perhaps Lazav is corroborating with the Eldrazi and Niv knows it, wanting to capture all of them somehow.

Niv strikes me as the kind of character that would find a way to leverage anything and everything to his advantage, not show his hand, and be more cunning than his adversaries.
    Quote from Horseshoe_Hermit
    This thread stopped being serious after The Greendale Human Being's post. And I thank Pat for that.
    Quote from Lyciana
    As far as I know, most grandmothers are also mothers. I could be wrong though...

Want to be a better Magic player? Read the rulings forum and check out the comprehensive rules!
    Can anyone point me to some background reading on how they animate still images for trailers like this?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes