No One Of This World Can Stop Me - Gatecrash Trailer

So glad to be a Dimir SELESNYAN. Totally devoted to the stupid cause of my plant overlords. Yep, that's it, nothing to see here. Move. Along. Sneaky
    Quote from 22bebo
    So glad to be a Dimir SELESNYAN. Totally devoted to the stupid cause of my plant overlords. Yep, that's it, nothing to see here. Move. Along. Sneaky

We selesnyan don't care about your mockery. However we don't take lightly liars of your kind. :p
    Quote from Tackman
    We selesnyan don't care about your mockery. However we don't take lightly liars of your kind. :p

But I'm one of you! Look at all these plants I own! Ignore the fact that they're dead! Grin
    Quote from Master Moja
    I don't think it's anything crazy. It's simply Gideon going against Lazav because they're enemy guilds. Lazav wants to run the place, and since Gideon will take orders from the ginger angel, he'll try, and likely succeed, in stopping him. Gideon is not from this plane, so Lazav has his enemy.

& also, you can't kill the Eldrazi so the planeswalkers stand no chance, whoever brought that up.

You mean they have yet to find a way. If it bleeds you can kill it.

As for Laz....No one can stop him now! He's havin such a good time...

There is buried treasure everywhere...in a graveyard. Golgari
    Quote from Pseudofate
    Shut down the rumor mill. This man has everything under control.
    Quote from shinbatsu
    Gideon will most likely just Pedigree Lazav, then pin for the 3 count.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
    cuz he looks like Triple H. Lmao.
    Quote from bluTopper
    Niv? Tricked? Can that even be done? :p

My money's on Borborygmos managing to blow Niv's mind

I was buffering this video, and when gideon showed up, and said :

"No one can ......." (Poof) my phone network connection stopped.

Well gideon, It seems that my phone can stop you. Grin

Avatar by DNC & Sig by Gunso of BushidoGFX

You played JESUS?!?! I heard none of his guys stay in the graveyard, and once you think you have him beat he ALWAYS comes back to win within three turns. I like...WORSHIP him.
    Quote from gregC
    My money's on Borborygmos managing to blow Niv's mind

Hope not. The old "Hulk crush puny god" trope seems a tad overused.
    Quote from nickolai
    Hope not. The old "Hulk crush puny god" trope seems a tad overused.

....Excuse me but did you just call that nerdy lizard a "god"? Gods do not die from removal. Gods have protection from everything, or something of similar ilk. Niv is far from a god.....he's a dragon with a big brain, nothing more.

Quote from Pseudofate
    Well that all depends on what level of gods we're talking about, but I agree with Niv definitely not being a "god" although he may well be omniscient at this point.
    Quote from Hrodvitnir
    Well that all depends on what level of gods we're talking about, but I agree with Niv definitely not being a "god" although he may well be omniscient at this point.

Google with a blow torch and wings isn't a god, it's just really awesome. Like a giant one eyed Chuck Norris whom throws mountains at ppl.

Quote from Pseudofate
    Quote from WoodWraith
    Google with a blow torch and wings isn't a god, it's just really awesome. Like a giant one eyed Chuck Norris whom throws mountains at ppl.

Neither one is really a god, both are just terrifying if you run into them, or if they appear in front of you. Now back to serious discussion, although this has made me happy and I lol'd, I do get the feeling that WotC intentionally beat us over the head with the Gideon hammer. Which only means one thing, to quote a very famous space admiral Cephalid, "It's a Trap!"
    Last edited by Hrodvitnir: 1/1/2013 2:25:13 AM
    Quote from Hrodvitnir
    Neither one is really a god, both are just terrifying if you run into them, or if they appear in front of you. Now back to serious discussion, although this has made me happy and I lol'd, I do get the feeling that WotC intentionally beat us over the head with the Gideon hammer. Which only means one thing, to quote a very famous space admiral Cephalid, "It's a Trap!"

See that was my thoughts. It's not who Laz knows has the ability to stop him he needs to worry about. I mean, who killed the Sith lord, Luke or Vader?

Quote from Pseudofate
    And then in the end of it all, WotC decides that we won't be returning to Ravnica ever again and Vraska kills everyone after going even farther off the deep end once she learns that it was the Dimir behind the Senate the whole time and then learns that Lazav was a failed Izzet experiment. Duh duh DUH!
    I have to admit defeat, that is quite the twist. I just really hope that with the set sizes being in the order that they are, we don't end up with a final set like Rise of the Eldrazi/Avacyn Restored, story wise that is. I want for WotC to actually work for a solid ending that doesn't just pull some kind of hur dur everything is broken or fixed with no real explanation as to why everything shifted so hard so fast. That last part is more in reference to Restored, Avacyn's return was suppose to balance things, not wipe out/put into hiding one of the less evil monster races and make the other monsters dwindle into almost not mattering.
    I just want to say, that Dragon's Maze is a small set

So don't expect anything really game changing to happen there. They will just revisit the old guilds
    Yes, I understand it'll be a small set and what that implies. I'm just hoping that WotC didn't decide to try and improve on what they've messed up with in some large third sets with this small third set.
    I think they are definitely gearing up for some major storyline developments in DGM. That said, I don't think they are going to go too far (like the guild system being obliterated or the some plane-wide cataclysmic event). RtR seems to be roaring success and they are definitely not going to block themselves from revisiting it once more. Some of the characters will end up dead, several of the guilds (maybe all of them) will be significantly weakened, but will be about it.
    Last edited by CommanderZ: 1/1/2013 6:34:46 AM
    Dual lands cheat sheet - Last updated on Apr 12 (Added JOU, updated card prices)

Modern: UR Ninja
    EDH: RG Xenagos, God of Beatdowns
    Quote from Tackman

If I told you which guild I was affiliated with, I'd have to kill you.
    SHANDALAR
    A Custom Core Set
    ---NAZURA---
    A Custom African-Themed Set
    ~THE RAVNICAN CONSORTIUM~
    A Community Set

Quote from Drax
    A MAN CAN DREAM AND GET HIS SIMPLE MATHEMATICS WRONG.

Quote from jonnybgood23
    Pillarfield Ox? The legend returns.

Quote from TheWarden
    You had me at "Camel Shaman."

Quote from Master Moja
    If I told you which guild I was affiliated with, I'd have to kill you.

Oh goody, more fuel for the swarm! Dump him into the aquaducts, they all float down here!

Quote from Pseudofate
    Quote from vexxillion
    THAT'S the one thing you came up with? Nothing about Gideon staring you in the face while those words were spoken?

They're Aliens. Like Ancient Aliens

Thanks for spiderboy4 of High~Light_Studios for the kick ass avatar.
    Thanks for DarkNightCavalier of HotPS for the exceptional signature.

I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    So the House of Dimir will be the catalyst for the conflict once again?
    So the House of Dimir will be the catalyst for the conflict once again?

Honestly, what else would you expect? Freakin' House Dimir always trying to control things from the shadow, all while Izzet and Simic just want to indulge in their sweet, magical SCIENCE.

As to who can stop Lazav, I think people are reading too much into this. Yeah, if it is Gideon (or just another Planeswalker, for that matter), then it's a wonderful case of WotC being about as unsubtle as they can be, but I really expect little less. In recent years, they were probably at their most subtle with potential conflict with Scars block, and even that was fairly obvious if you bothered to check the watermark ratios of Scars of Mirrodin compared to Mirrodin Besieged. They certainly COULD throw us a curve ball later, but for now I think it is pretty safe to assume that what they are hinting at (albeit head-smashingly) is probably the case.

You may now return to your fantastic speculations, because while I am a bit of a spoilsport, even I have to admit that they are fun as heck!
    Someday, I will own all of the dragons. All of them.
    43/111, approximately 39% complete. Over a third done.

(calling it now; there will be a cycle of Legendary dual lands with Basic Land types in Theros block)
    ... AAAAAAAAND I was wrong

U/R mana G/U mana The Attention Deficit Guy URGU
    Honestly, what else would you expect? Freakin' House Dimir always trying to control things from the shadow, all while Izzet and Simic just want to indulge in their sweet, magical SCIENCE.

As to who can stop Lazav, I think people are reading too much into this. Yeah, if it is Gideon (or just another Planeswalker, for that matter), then it's a wonderful case of WotC being about as unsubtle as they can be, but I really expect little less. In recent years, they were probably at their most subtle with potential conflict with Scars block, and even that was fairly obvious if you bothered to check the watermark ratios of Scars of Mirrodin compared to Mirrodin Besieged. They certainly COULD throw us a curve ball later, but for now I think it is pretty safe to assume that what they are hinting at (albeit head-smashingly) is probably the case.

You may now return to your fantastic speculations, because while I am a bit of a spoilsport, even I have to admit that they are fun as heck!

Dimir were the catalyst last time so I was hoping for something a bit different, they are an easy "badguy guild" I guess. Would have been fun if somehow Azorius became corrupt and were the antogonists or something along those lines.

As far as Gideon being the one who stops Lazav, it could end up being Ral Zarek who seems to be the focus of Dragon's Maze and is confirmed as a planeswalker
    Dimir were the catalyst last time so I was hoping for something a bit different, they are an easy "badguy guild" I guess. Would have been fun if somehow Azorius became corrupt and were the antogonists or something along those lines.

Actually, they already did that, too, in the original Ravnica block.
    Someday, I will own all of the dragons. All of them.
    43/111, approximately 39% complete. Over a third done.

(calling it now; there will be a cycle of Legendary dual lands with Basic Land types in Theros block)
    ... AAAAAAAAND I was wrong

U/R mana G/U mana The Attention Deficit Guy URGU
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes