No One Of This World Can Stop Me - Gatecrash Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUlZ-jzcaVk&hd=1

Haven't seen a thread dedicated to the trailer. Hope it's okay to start a thread for this.
    So much sweet art. The Simic monstrosity giving its creator a kiss made me smile.

They broke pattern by having Lazav narrate this one; usually it's a planeswalker in the set, so I was expecting a voiceover from Gideon. Though I guess he already had one for M11.
    That looks awesome. I love these trailers.

Creator of Nyxathid Goes To Town, the M:tG blog responsible for the most LoLs

http://nyxathidgoestotown.wordpress.com/

If you like what you see, please comment and subscribe!
    "No one of this world can stop me!!"

*cuts to a pic of Gideon*

Very subtle.
    Quote from The Big Dunks

It turns out that the melting ice caps aren't the cause of the rising ocean levels, it's OP's river of tears.

I support the closure of the Gutter.
    This leads me to believe one and only one thing.

Niv is an alien. Ral and Niv are aliens.

There is buried treasure everywhere...in a graveyard. Golgari
    Quote from Pseudofate
    Shut down the rumor mill. This man has everything under control.
    Quote from luminum can
    So much sweet art. The Simic monstrosity giving its creator a kiss made me smile.

They broke pattern by having Lazav narrate this one; usually it's a planeswalker in the set, so I was expecting a voiceover from Gideon. Though I guess he already had one for M11.

I agree with you about that Simic art. Loved that.

I appreciate that they are building Lazav up as an antagonist by emphasizing his machinations through this trailer. It gets me pumped for both GTC and Dragon's Maze.
    Quote from Target Player
    I agree with you about that Simic art. Loved that.

I appreciate that they are building Lazav up as an antagonist by emphasizing his machinations through this trailer. It gets me pumped for both GTC and Dragon's Maze.

So far it's the Izzet and Dimir who are driving the majority of the action in the block. Everyone else seems to mostly be reacting to the events they put into motion.
    Quote from WoodWraith
    This leads me to believe one and only one thing.

Niv is an alien. Ral and Niv are aliens.

THAT'S the one thing you came up with? Nothing about Gideon staring you in the face while those words were spoken?
    1. Good Decks Play With Good Cards
    2. Good Decks Have Good Plans
    3. Good Decks Have Good Mana Bases
    4. Good Decks Respect Their Opponents
    5. Good Decks Have 75 Cards
    6. Sometimes Even Good Decks Are Bad Choices
    7. Sometimes Your 'Good Deck' Isn't

~Metamorph
    Quote from luminum can

Eh, not really. Thalia partially narrated the Avacyn Restored trailer (the second half, after Liliana).
    DCI Rules Advisor

Currently playing:
    (Temporarily on hiatus from playing, but still a rules advisor.)
    Quote from luminum can
    So far it's the Izzet and Dimir who are driving the majority of the action in the block. Everyone else seems to mostly be reacting to the events they put into motion.

I'm pretty sure a source mentioned that the Selesnyans have plans of their own... maybe the RTR trailer?

And Lazav seems to dislike the Boros a LOT. Maybe they're better at holding back his spree than he wants to let on?
    Official DCI Rules Advisor
    Level 1 Judge

[box][box][size=3][b]CARDNAME[/b][/size] [float=right][mana]MANACOST[/mana][/float][/box] [box][b]TYPE — SUBTYPE [float=right][color="RARITYCOLOUR"]{RARITY}[/color][/b][/float][/box][box]RULES TEXT [i]FLAVOUR TEXT[/i][/box][float=right][box=50][b][SIZE="3"]P/T[/SIZE][/b][/box][/float][/box]
    Quote from vexxillion
    THAT'S the one thing you came up with? Nothing about Gideon staring you in the face while those words were spoken?

Well yeah, he said he cant stop him. Duh.

Quote from Pseudofate
    Quote from Polendino
    I'm pretty sure a source mentioned that the Selesnyans have plans of their own... maybe the RTR trailer?

And Lazav seems to dislike the Boros a LOT. Maybe they're better at holding back his spree than he wants to let on?

Afaik, the Selesenyans are building their numbers. In anticipation? Perhaps Trostani (selesenya?) Knows something we don't?

Oh this is starting to get good.

Quote from WoodWraith
    Well yeah, he said he cant stop him. Duh.

Duh? Gideon is not "of" Ravnican descent.
    Last edited by viperesque: 12/31/2012 2:38:49 AM

~Metamorph
    Quote from luminum can

Well, Azorius also seem to be a lot more active. Arrester Lavinia gets lots of quotes and mentions.

She wants a ride on the pony, dude.
    Mafia Stats
    Kill shot: BB
    Issue with my shooting? Please visit my helpdesk and help me learn to aim!
    Quote from vexxillion

Sarcasm, man. Ever heard of it?
    Quote from vexxillion »
    Afaik, the Selesenyans are building their numbers. In anticipation? Perhaps Trostani (selesenya?) Knows something we don't?

Oh this is starting to get good.

Quote from TK-421
    Well, Azorius also seem to be a lot more active. Arrester Lavinia gets lots of quotes and mentions.

Well, from the flavor text and short stories we've had so far, we know that the Selesnyans are gearing up for war in response to the Izzet overstepping their bounds, and the Azorius are on edge because they see the Selesnyans building up their forces. But the Izzet are the ones setting those dominoes in motion. And we know House Dimir has its fingers in basically everything, and that they have at least one sleeper agent in the higher ranks of the Izzet.
    Wishful thinking maybe, but I really hope Lazav kills Gideon. We've already got a good example of Planeswalker mortality thanks to Venser, but he died a hero's death to save Karn and try to stop the Phyrexians.

Gideon needs to be an example of fragility and tragedy amongst Planeswalkers. He needs to be taken down, not by a faceless overwhelming force like the Phyrexians, but by an individual - in this case Lazav.
    Quote from Ith
    Wishful thinking maybe, but I really hope Lazav kills Gideon. We've already got a good example of Planeswalker mortality thanks to Venser, but he died a hero's death to save Karn and try to stop the Phyrexians.

Gideon needs to be an example of fragility and tragedy amongst Planeswalkers. He needs to be taken down, not by a faceless overwhelming force like the Phyrexians, but by an individual - in this case Lazav.

Nah, there's too much unfinished business with Gideon, between the situation on Zendikar and his relationship with Chandra. There wouldn't be any closure if he were to die right now. Dying while he fights the Eldrazi back into imprisonment and/or sacrificing himself for Chandra's sake would be much more appropriate ways for him to go down.
    turn on captions for a laugh.
    Quote from Ith

Please no! My heart could not bare it.

~Metamorph
    Quote from Ith

Or converted into a villain.
    i will quote the flavor text of Watery Grave: "I fear that as we scurry after phantoms, the Dimir pull nine puppet strings."
    -Ral Zarek

the Izzet are represented as an antagonist in RTR because WotC are hiding that Lazav and the house of Dimir are controlling all other guilds in different ways, making hostilities between Rakdos and Gruul, Selesnya and Gruul and Rakdos, Rakdos- Azor, Boros-Gruul-Rakdos, Golgari-Izzet-Azor, etc. So i think, the game or "maze" is making Niv and the izzet falling to a trap against all other guilds. And behind them all, Dimir will fulfill their purpose, well, Lazav purpose: kill Niv.
    Last edited by SeerEula: 12/31/2012 3:54:08 AM
    Quote from Gupp
    turn on captions for a laugh.

I completely agree, the captions make this probably about the funniest thing that Wizards has ever made. Though, I must applaud them on the quality of trailer getting better with each release, and yet they still aren't as good as the original Ravnica trailer.
    Quote from Kryptnyt
    Or converted into a villain.

Magic has a history of heros becoming evil. Though I guess evil is subjective here as I am a necromancer.......SO how bout that local sports team?

Quote from Pseudofate
    I lol'd at "No one of this world can stop me! 'pic of Gideon" subtlety. Retold to husband who also lol'd. Would experiment on pet degus later.

Wonder if there are two branches of storyline dedicated to walkers or stories of Jace and Gideon will merge.
    So, if no one of this world can stop him, can someone Not of this World stop him?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes