Foundry Champion

Quote from Blue_Oneironaut
    I think this is also the heart of the Boros flavor too, isn't it? Legion? Battalions? Fighting with lots of little dudes?

Sure they mention they have some elite warriors who sometimes own the show, but I find it confusing anyone would expect premiere, constructed-worthy midrange creatures to appear in this set, in Boros.

Nah the conversation just took a weird turn. I initially got into this because I didn't see how Foundry Champion coordinated with the swarmy motif. He's too far off curve.
    Then - since he's a big CMC beater (sort-of) I started complaining that if they're going to print creatures that don't (imho) fit the Boros theme then then the least they could've done is to print something that fits the old neglected control theme.

But I'm trying to dial back because I'm not really talking about the card itself - which is a sucky card by any standard aside from Limited.
    The power creep in magic has but rendered this card as janky stuffs.
    Quote from izzetmage
    If the store owner says that I can't trade in the premises, I'll just go outside. If he says that I can't trade within 10m of his premises, I'll go to 11 meters. If he says that he doesn't want to see me trading, I will put a basket over his head and continue trading.

Quote from Stinky-Dinkins

Yes, he's a local legend. He's only known to take his clothes off before he goes into the Ladies' Lockerroom. Nobody knows what he does in there because he's invisible, but it's almost certainly tons of masturbating.
    Not very usable outside of limited. I like the art though.
    Modern
    :symr:RDW:symr:
    :symb:Vampires:symb:
    :symw::symg::symu:Slivers:symu::symw::symg:
    :symu:Merfolk:symu:

Standard
    :symw:White Weenie:symw:
    :symr:Red Devotion:symr:
    :symr::symw:Boros:symr::symw:
    :symg::symw::symu:Bant Hexproof:symu::symw::symg:
    :symw::symu:Heroic Enchantments:symu::symw:
    The power creep in magic has but rendered this card as janky stuffs.

To be fair, I'll grant this. Way back when (probably not even first Ravnica, though), this would definitely be a solid card. As it stands, though, it's a Limited card. Is it fair to call it a bomb? I mean, I guess it speeds up a gridlocked game, or something.
    Going in my Argus Kos, Wojeck Veteran EDH deck thats for sure!
    Fun blink target. I'll probably snag a copy for the reconstruction of my
    Jor Kadeen EDH.
    -- Modern Decks --
    WUR Enduring Ideal RUW
    GGG Stompy Crux GGG

-- Elder Dragon Highlander --
    UBU Grimgrin, Zombie Horde UBU
    RWR Jor Kadeen Tron RWR
    BRU Sedris Beatdown URB
    UUU Llawan, Empress of "No" UUU
    WBW Vish Kal Tron WBW
    GRG Thromok Token GRG
    RRR Zo-Zu, Hater of Everything RRR
    I can already see it dominate limited games, lovely.
    Only for limited. And maybe EDH, that's about all.
    Quote from izzetmage
    If the store owner says that I can't trade in the premises, I'll just go outside. If he says that I can't trade within 10m of his premises, I'll go to 11 meters. If he says that he doesn't want to see me trading, I will put a basket over his head and continue trading.

Yes, he's a local legend. He's only known to take his clothes off before he goes into the Ladies' Lockerroom. Nobody knows what he does in there because he's invisible, but it's almost certainly tons of masturbating.
    Nice card, I was wondering if i'd see some sort of sun/inferno titan hybrid.

But it doesn't fit well in a typical boros deck.
    Quote from Schuesseled

Yet ironically it is a Boros card.:rolleyes:
    Quote from izzetmage

Quote from Schuesseled

By typical you mean old Rav right? Because the new boros seems to like tokens.

There is buried treasure everywhere...in a graveyard. Golgari
    Quote from Pseudofate
    Shut down the rumor mill. This man has everything under control.
    This card feels removed enough from the Ravnica brand that it could be the anterior plant for the next block.

I'm'a'gonna go start a "Plant Token Block Coming in October" thread in the Baseless Speculation forum. Fun little forum, that.
    This could have fringe use in some decks if it weren't for that pesky Kessig Malcontents that does the same thing for less at a lower rarity and better p/t vs. cost ratio
    Quote from Mundus
    Fine then.

How about "You may discard your hand, pay 5 life, rip this card, remove 3 digits from any number of target fingers you control, and concede at the end of the next end step rather than pay It Will Go Through!!'s mana cost.

Counter target spell."
    Foundry champion will certainly not go in my Boros deck
    Limited it is relevant, won't see constructed play not even in block.
    Quote from Mattatimus
    Limited it is relevant, won't see constructed play not even in block.

No way for this card to see any constructed play. It's one of those cards made for limited.
    Quote from izzetmage

How much better is foundry champion compared to the other prerelease promos?
    I think that wizards did a great job of making the prerelease promos all equally powerfull this time. They seem noticably less potent than last time, which probably happened because maybe some promos gave too much of an edge last time (blue_white). I like the elemental because he is the only promo that will generate value before there is a chance fr removal.
    Quote from Gonick
    How much better is foundry champion compared to the other prerelease promos?

To be honest I'd rather have the consuming aberation if we have some kind of mill spell at common. The guy can get ridiculously big, second ability works with cipher and doesn't even have to attack to win games. Even if you don't play any other mill he's gets about +3/+3 for each spell you play.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes