Foundry Champion

Foundry champion, meet supreme verdict.

This aint your girlfriends meta! This is a man's meta! TURBO META.
    Quote from avenged492
    Battalion as an ability seems bad in a format with instant wraths. This guy is pretty mediocre. He needs to have Haste at least.

Instant wraths? I hope you don't mean Alchemist's Refuge/Supreme Verdict.
    EDH: U Ultimus U ۰ B Geth B ۰ G Kamahl G ۰ W/U manaIsperia W/U mana ۰ B/R manaOliviaB/R mana ۰ R/W manaJor KadeenR/W mana ۰ W/B mana U/B manaSydriW/B mana U/B mana ۰ W/G mana B/G manaGhaveW/G mana B/G mana
    Standard: W/R Aggro
    ive been patiently waiting for something to get excited about in red and white and i keep being disappointed. i get the feeling that theyre designing this guild to be a 'better than the sum of it's parts' guild with individually weak creatures that synergize with each other to be decent. not what i was hoping for. i look at that new ghost council compared to this and the other boros stuff released so far and i feel so let down.
    What's the link to this on the mothership?

The art looks like it was just cropped out of the planeswalkers guide...

Edit: I guess not, still I'd like to see the link.
    Last edited by AsLan~: 1/1/2013 1:47:47 PM
    This guy tries so hard to be an inferno titan...

10 for effort, 4 for execution.
    Give credit, where credit is due.
    Give irony and sarcasm, when ignorance and stupidity is found.
    The whip is kept for special occasions

The Internet was a revelation to me, never figured there are so many idiots on this planet.

Spoiler season, the time of the year where you find the most intelligent comments
    Quote from Illinest
    ive been patiently waiting for something to get excited about in red and white and i keep being disappointed. i get the feeling that theyre designing this guild to be a 'better than the sum of it's parts' guild with individually weak creatures that synergize with each other to be decent. not what i was hoping for. i look at that new ghost council compared to this and the other boros stuff released so far and i feel so let down.

^This^

Foundry Champion is a "nuetered" flametongue kavu and to be honest with the amount of pushing creatures they're doing... they should have done a BETTER version of it. This guy is pretty terrible in all thing outside limited... Frown
    The Heir to Rakdos
    with the batallion mechanic and some of the creatures printed, i think wizards might have one more card against board wipes...right now theres what, rootborn defenses and golgari charm? otherwise boros will be limited to human or rakdos aggro Frown
    Who cares if its good in EDH or Limited? 95% of cards are.

Drinking game idea: when someone blindly agrees on blogatog no matter how erroneous or short-sighted maro's reply is
    You play it one turn and fling it the next.
    This could've been 3RW or 2RRW or even RRWW, but eh, great in limited.
    Quote from ctrlshft
    This could've been 3RW or 2RRW or even RRWW, but eh, great in limited.

Would have been far more reasonable at RRWW
    The Heir to Rakdos
    Quote from Illinest

I know exactly how you feel Frown I'm sure the best is yet to come, but I don't like the whole you-need-lots-of-creatures-or-everything-fails vibe I've seen so far. Maybe we had the wrong expectations for Boros.
    Realistically, its ETB ability probably won't be doing too much damage unless you set it up the turn or two beforehand, but it's pretty good. It definitely fits what we managed to see of the prerelease card, so I look forward to playing him. Still wish the promo was Firemane Butt-kicker, though.

Just realizing it can hit creatures, too, you don't to have too many guys out to make him a removal spell. Not bad.
    A perfect description of why Black loves Zombies.

WWWA White mage if you ever saw one.WWW
    looks weak. the only thing that has an appeal for boros so far is aurelia. and its best for EDH.
    A team should be as happy as a meal - TEAM HAPPYMEAL

EDH - UWGrand Arbiter Agustin IV
    UBW
    Oloro, Ageless Ascetic
    Modern - Mono U tron / Polymorph / NFTW (ninja for the win)GR tron GR

Buy All the planeswalkers!!!
    Buy All the Dual Lands!!!
    Buy All the fetches!
    Create tons of EDH Decks!!!
    Eat Nothing but Oats!! (LOL, not true)
    Train MMA!!!
    Marry My girlfriend!!!
    Get her Pregnant only Once!
    Teach my Son/Daughter Sports and magic cards!!!
    Continue my legacy son!!!/Daughter!!
    Quote from Illinest

how have you been patiently waiting? we're on day 2 of official previews. there are only 40/249 cards known so far, 10 of which are lands that we knew about when RTR was spoiled because they complete cycles. To me, it sounds like you're incredibly impatient. I have no idea if Boros will end up being good, but the reason I have no idea is that I HAVEN'T SEEN MANY CARDS YET. maybe you'll end up being right, but it's still too early to say.
    This card is absolutely awful.
    Quote from foxtrot929
    how have you been patiently waiting? we're on day 2 of official previews. there are only 40/249 cards known so far, 10 of which are lands that we knew about when RTR was spoiled because they complete cycles. To me, it sounds like you're incredibly impatient. I have no idea if Boros will end up being good, but the reason I have no idea is that I HAVEN'T SEEN MANY CARDS YET. maybe you'll end up being right, but it's still too early to say.

Prolly meant waiting since the annoucement that Boros would be in block 2...
    The Heir to Rakdos
    Foxtrot is right. We've only seen 4 non-land Boros marked cards, so yes, it is way too early to be disappointed. But all the other guilds have already got some pretty cool stuff compared to Boros.
    Quote from avenged492
    Battalion as an ability seems bad in a format with instant wraths. This guy is pretty mediocre. He needs to have Haste at least.

No. Wood Elemental is absolutely awful. This card is just average.
    Quote from jedimindtricks

Now, if we could just get that goblin walker. Preferably before the part in the storyline where he planeswalked right into Progenitus.

On the Subject of Master Biomancer:
    Quote from Lully
    That mythic is very mythic. Pillarfield ox has returned with a vengeance.

Many thanks to DNC at Heroes of the Plane Studios
    Well comparatively...

battalion is the worst mechanic.
    The Heir to Rakdos
    Quote from midnight_v
    Well comparatively...

battalion is the worst mechanic.

Whoever had Battalion in R+D needs to get their head checked. It's just a rehash of other mechanics, and it's terrible.
    I guess its alright, nothing amazing about it but alright, as others have said its an Inferno Titan who went to the vet and got fixed.

Quote from limovrak
    I know exactly how you feel Frown I'm sure the best is yet to come, but I don't like the whole you-need-lots-of-creatures-or-everything-fails vibe I've seen so far. Maybe we had the wrong expectations for Boros.

Dont worry guys, they're just setting us up to smash us out of the park with a Lightning Helix reprint Dance
    Standard;
    - UWb Control. FNM Record 21-5-2 (2 fnm wins).
    Modern;
    - UWR Control. FNM Record 14-9-1.
    - Scapeshift. FNM Record 12-11 (1 fnm win, yay!).
    - UWR Midrange. Record 6-3

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain.

"Magic is a hard game" - Travis Woo.

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, is two foot wide and six foot deep"

SEA. HAWKS.
    Meaningless in constructed, but still pretty powerfull in Limited, like any creature that also acts as removal.

Boards easily stall with 4-5 creatures, then this guy kills something and acts as a heavy attacker and hard to kill, as its a 4/4 "shade".

So easily a Limited card, totally fine at that.
    111111111² = 12345678987654321
    Quote from HawksSoc
    I guess its alright, nothing amazing about it but alright, as others have said its an Inferno Titan who went to the vet and got fixed.

Dont worry guys, they're just setting us up to smash us out of the park with a Lightning Helix reprint Dance

10 bucks says it will be on Boros Charm. I mean...it just screams PUT LIGHTNING HELIX ON THERE! Although it doesn't fit the theme of One thing one color does, one the other does, and then one thing they both do.....dangit, just shot my theory in the foot.
    Quote from jedimindtricks

Now, if we could just get that goblin walker. Preferably before the part in the storyline where he planeswalked right into Progenitus.

On the Subject of Master Biomancer:
    Quote from Lully
    That mythic is very mythic. Pillarfield ox has returned with a vengeance.

Many thanks to DNC at Heroes of the Plane Studios
    Quote from AsLan^
    What's the link to this on the mothership?

The art looks like it was just cropped out of the planeswalkers guide...

Edit: I guess not, still I'd like to see the link.

The source is actually Trick Jarrett on Reddit

Thanks me!
    Quote from KolbaneX
    No. Wood Elemental is absolutely awful. This card is just average.

Lol. I had to check that Wood Elemental a couple times to make sure what I was reading was right. Now THAT is a bad card. Requires you to sacrifice lands to give it any power AND the lands have to be forests AND they have to be untapped. Whoa...

You could play it as a 4/4 on turn 8 after sacrificing half of your lands. Nice card.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes