Foundry Champion

Quote from ghostyprawn
    The promo cards for each guild have already been spoiled. They were the first 5 cards WOTC spoiled to us. They show it to you themselves on the website at the following link -

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Default.aspx

*buzzer sound* wrong. Dimir's promo is a creature cuz it has a P/T in the corner, and is not Whispering Madness. Boros' promo is most likely this one because the art on the picture looks like a giant flaming thing, not an angel.
    Quote from jedimindtricks

Now, if we could just get that goblin walker. Preferably before the part in the storyline where he planeswalked right into Progenitus.

On the Subject of Master Biomancer:
    Quote from Lully
    That mythic is very mythic. Pillarfield ox has returned with a vengeance.

Many thanks to DNC at Heroes of the Plane Studios
    Quote from ghostyprawn
    The promo cards for each guild have already been spoiled. They were the first 5 cards WOTC spoiled to us. They show it to you themselves on the website at the following link -

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Default.aspx

No Boros and Dimir ones are different. The spoiled Dimir card isn't a creature for example.

Edit: Nath'ed
    O.O I just found another win-con for my Midnight Guard + Dualcasting combo deck.

Now, if we could just get that goblin walker. Preferably before the part in the storyline where he planeswalked right into Progenitus.

Quote from Lully

Well im glad you guys debunked the link so i didnt have to go to it! But on the card, as everyone has pointed out, good in limited. Idk cube worthy?
    Well, let's see:
    Is it a creature and not a land named "Grove of the Guardian"? Positive.
    It costs a ton of mana? Yep.
    The ton of mana spent to cast the creature won't pay off? Sure.
    Would you play it in limited? Totally.
    And completely ignore it in constructed? Of course.

Yes, I think it is our promo rare.

(Give your LGS judge a hug. He deserves it.)

Nothing. All I want is Heroes vs. Monsters spoilers.
    I really love Ravnica and it's my favorite set of all time, and that may be the reason I want the majority of it's cards to be really really good, but I'm a tad disappointed. I mean, there's still 209 cards to spoil, but I want some juice Wizards. New Ravnica has a lot to live up to, and it can't do it like this.
    My anticipation of a Warp World reprint is growing! But the art looks like it belongs to SolForge rather than MtG.
    Check out some good music!
    Quote from Zameck Engineer
    Well, let's see:
    Is it a creature and not a land named "Grove of the Guardian"? Positive.
    It costs a ton of mana? Yep.
    The ton of mana spent to cast the creature won't pay off? Sure.
    Would you play it in limited? Totally.
    And completely ignore it in constructed? Of course.

Yes, I think it is our promo rare.

Idk, I think some boros decks might want him at the top of the curve to push through the last few points. Then again, a searing spear could do that for 1/3 of the mana. So, /shrug? The guy HAS potential, not to mention he is almost impossible to punch through or trade with because of Fire Breathing/Toughness Pump.

Quote from Lully

Problem is that decks playing swarms and hence wanting its ability generally don't want 6 drops. Potential exemption being a control deck running tokens to stall, but even there it seems too shakey, so, unless someone finds a combo to break it I'd say limited fodder only.
    I'm a control player, because I like to reserve the right to say no.
    Quote from KolbaneX
    Idk, I think some boros decks might want him at the top of the curve to push through the last few points. Then again, a searing spear could do that for 1/3 of the mana. So, /shrug? The guy HAS potential, not to mention he is almost impossible to punch through or trade with because of Fire Breathing/Toughness Pump.

I play WR Humans brews since it became a thing in ISD Block Constructed, and believe me, you want your deck to end on CMC=5
    (EDIT: 5th mana sounded really bad, sorry). And, in addition to that, I hate when you get those Zealous Conscripts stuck on your hand when you use 24 lands.

Of course, what I posted was meant to be a joke or something, but it makes sense after all. I don't see this being played in WR, because otherwise we could explore the human tribe more and Kessig Malcontents could be a playable dude without the use of Cloudshift (thank you Ari Lax, for your thoughts on that). Some sort of Naya could use it, but, thinking well, I'd stick with Aurelia.

This card looks a lot like the text box for the Boros promo - the image has a pretty long first ability and two short (in terms of text) abilities. I'm confident to say this is the Boros promo.
    Level 2 Judge Smile
    Went to a new shop from a friend's recommendation, DQ'ed for willful violation of CR 100.6b.

(Credit to DarkNightCavalier)

$tandard: Too poor.
    Modern:
    - GW/B mana Melira Pod
    Legacy:
    - GW Enchantress
    - UWR Pyrodelver
    for a rare this is just awful, I cant describe it in other words. No-brain pick in limited but useless everywhere else.
    Quote from KolbaneX

It's only good when you already have a ton of creatures. And if you already have a ton of creatures, wouldn't you rather have Aurelia? And if you don't have any creatures, wouldn't you rather have Aurelia?
    A Think Twice in hand is worth two in the grave.

You can find me on MTGO. My username is gereffi.
    It's not terrible but still not good, should be a great limited bomb though which is what the prerelease cards are.
    Quote from gereffi
    It's only good when you already have a ton of creatures. And if you already have a ton of creatures, wouldn't you rather have Aurelia? And if you don't have any creatures, wouldn't you rather have Aurelia?

Not always. She can come down and do nothing, he can come down and have immediate impact. Even without getting more than 2 or 3 points of damage off his ability it is a solid creature. He's not amazing, but he is certainly not bad.

Edit: Even without getting more than 2 or 3 points of damage off his ability it is a solid creature to attack/block with

Quote from Lully

Quote from Jinholic
    It's not terrible but still not good, should be a great limited bomb though which is what the prerelease cards are.

Too bad they still want to employ it for the Theme Decks aswell. I don't know the numbers, but as far as I've heard, the AVR material sold way more than the RTR one, because, you know, one has Zealous Conscripts and Wolfir Silverheart, things playable in Standard and, further more, Zealous saw play in other competitive ventures aswell. But I don't know, I like theme decks but I certainly don't like this kind of card for the foil rare material.

That was one of my favorite spoiled art too. I really love the idea of the new Flame-Kin cards, and this art just blew my mind. Such a damn waste. Frown
    Quote from Liberator
    That was one of my favorite spoiled art too. I really love the idea of the new Flame-Kin cards, and this art just blew my mind. Such a damn waste. Frown

Not every card can be playable in Type 2 but Timmy's like myself will try our damnedest.

Quote from Lully

looks great, would love to slap rancor on it. maybe use mana dorks to ramp to thragtusk and this guy for a naya build.
    Who cares if its good in EDH or Limited? 95% of cards are.

Drinking game idea: when someone blindly agrees on blogatog no matter how erroneous or short-sighted maro's reply is
    I like it. It's a fixed Inferno Titan. I can see myself playing a Naya Midrange for a little while with this as a curve-topper.
    On someone (supposedly) opening 36 Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker in a booster box:

Quote from Konstant1n
    Guys, this means only one thing.

HE IS DOVAHKIIN, DRAGON BORN!

On Tristan Shaun Gregson:

Quote from citynoise
    Losing your job and friends. Sickest 2-for-1 a Bonfire has ever gotten.
    It's fine in limited, got an ok body when pumped up, and the removal is pretty good most of the time, probably 3+ damage by turn 6.

seems lacking though if it's our prerelease card when comparing RTR cards.

it's easily beat out by hypersonic dragon, grove of the guardian, and the azorious dude. about on par with carnival hellsteed.
    Quote from varoan
    It's fine in limited, got an ok body when pumped up, and the removal is pretty good most of the time, probably 3+ damage by turn 6.

seems lacking though if it's our prerelease card when comparing RTR cards.

it's easily beat out by hypersonic dragon, grove of the guardian, and the azorious dude. about on par with carnival hellsteed.

Carnival Hellsteed was the best Promo alongside Hypersonic Dragon....

Quote from Lully

Seems very good in limited. I might go boros for the prerelease, though I will probably pick grull (if RTR is any indication of what the prerelease is going to be like,the fastest guild is best.)

signature by rivenor at http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=329663

I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English. If you believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure, then copy this into your signature.

I hate the reserved list.

Mythic rares are fine.

Quote from Lormador
    If that's your "casual," what on earth is required for "formal," a butler in livery shuffling the decks whilst a pianist plays Brahms in front of a tapestry?
    Battalion as an ability seems bad in a format with instant wraths. This guy is pretty mediocre. He needs to have Haste at least.

Thanks to Rivenor for the awesome Signature!

Trades
    "You'll Never Walk Alone"
    I was a big proponent of Firemane Avenger, but this looks a bit weak for a 6 drop, especially compared to Aurelia.

That being said, it basically has Kessig Malcontents but for all creatures instead of just humans. I could see this having play as a top out for RW human token decks which run a 4-count of Gather the Townsfolk and with lingering souls.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes