FNM January - Searing Spear

As we can see on MtG brazilian Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=392970950784382&set=a.351473588267452.82651.350067331741411&type=1&theater
    ATTACHMENTS
    • 14605_392970950784382_429962843_n
    Relevant standard card with better art. Not the best, but better than a few we've gotten
    Many props to DarkNightCavalier over @ Heroes of the Plane Studios for awesome sig.
    Wink It takes 2 Little Girl's to kill a Llanowar Elves Wink

Haves/Wants
    Collection
    The art is nice, but too similar to the current art if you ask me.
    Could have been a much worse card so no complaint there. Not really fond of this art. Maybe it will "pop" on a foil but it really doesn't grab me.
    any translation on the flavor text?

XD that matters to me
    Very awesome art, but everyone and their mother already have a playset or two of this card...
    Don't just have an idea -

Have all of them.

Join us on Cardgame Coalition!
    Quote from Safeguard
    any translation on the flavor text?

XD that matters to me

Here are my crazy Brazilian translation skills at work:
    "Sometimes you die a glorious death with your sword held high. Sometimes you're just target practice."
    Elspeth is dead. Long live Elspeth.
    could be worse. if i remember correctly, the next few months are already known, so i guess no modern playables? and by playables, i mean fringe stuff.
    I speak in sarcasm because calling people ******* ******** is not allowed.

Mission Accomplished!

W/U mana FREE STONEFORGE W/U mana
    Say what, where's my serum vision FNM? Hang on a minute, was Wikipedia wrong about this? We aren't getting a Snapcaster Mage or Force of Will FNM card?

I actually l,e the artwork on this, I would like to have seen a galvanic blast one though.
    It's nice. I'm assuming that this card will be in Standard for a couple more years, so it's nice to see a promo of it I guess.

Quote from CDDRodrigo
    Very awesome art, but everyone and their mother already have a playset or two of this card...

To be fair, this is true for all FNM promos. They always print commons and uncommons.
    A Think Twice in hand is worth two in the grave.

You can find me on MTGO. My username is gereffi.
    Consider me in the minority. I was actually hoping for Modern cards, especially the "rumored" Sleight of Hand. You know, especially since January will be the first month that Modern hits FNM. A slightly wasted opportunity imho. Still... could be worse!
    Check out some good music!
    Quote from Tackman
    Here are my crazy Brazilian translation skills at work:
    "Sometimes you die a glorious death with your sword held high. Sometimes you're just target practice."

So it's the exact same as the M13 edition.

This is a great promo is you play FNM in Standard, but useless everywhere Lightning Bolt is legal.
    "The imagination is not a State: it is the Human existence itself." - William Blake
    The art is only slightly better than normal version.
    Still, I'll probably end of getting it for my Pauper Cube. Better than me not using it at all.
    That's a pretty good promo of for January.

* applauds wizards*
    Current Game: Bioshock: Infinite

Mabbz on MTGO | Demgrinds on Twitch & Twitter | Helpdesk
    Not bad, but not really one I'll work hard to get.

Credits

Check out Ace5301's awesome work!

Ace of Spades Studio:
    http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=451747
    Nice, my RDW deck needs a little bling, my foil kamigawa mountains are a bit lonely.
    "People underestimate Bob at their peril." - Rayland Givens
    Meh card, just one more $tandard card.
    MTGO Modern Player

The next Modern ban will be Birthing Pod
    I like that art a lot, the choice of the card is a little suspect I suppose, but not awful either.
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black][B][SIZE=2]Standard:[/SIZE][/B][SIZE=1] [/SIZE] [SIZE=1][SIZE=1]Bident Layers B Devotion RG Devotion UW Control [/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Modern:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] Jund UW [SIZE=1]Control [SIZE=1]Combo Pod [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] [SIZE=1] [/SIZE] [B][SIZE=2]Legacy:[/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Dea[SIZE=1]thBlade [SIZE=1]RUG Delver[SIZE=1] [SIZE=1][SIZE=1]BUG Control [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE] [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT]

BBCode Render failed due to reaching MaxNestingDepth(5) for Tag: size

Quote from EvilDuck
    So it's the exact same as the M13 edition.

They are always the same flavour text as the most recent versions. Check Gitaxian Probe and Dismember.

Quote from LordSaturn
    I am personally in the 'patents are an unnecessary evil' camp.

Quote from jturphy
    Quote from H2O4Sho
    Smart move by Wizards, finally
    Yeah. The most profitable portion of the largest toy company in the world had clearly been making terrible decisions the last two years.
    I need it for my RDW deck
    Quote from Raver
    oh noesssss....whatever shall we do? Your $400 deck got trumped by an uncommon, you mad bro?
    Nice art that is seeing decent amount of play. Well done Wizards,

Standard
    W.I.P.
    EDH
    WNorn Tokens
    What I don't like about it is that it further suggests that we won't see any Lightning Bolts in standard any time soon. I already know that Wizards doesn't like lightning bolt because it makes all other burn spells look bad, but a red mage can dream... can't he?
    YMTC: We need a spikey red enchantment. My creations:
    RR
    Whenever a player taps a nonbasic land, [Card] deals 2 damage to them.

-or-

R
    Whenever a player would gain life, flip a coin. If heads, that player loses that much life instead. If tails sacrifice [card] and that player gains that life as per usual.
    How to tell if your Mana Base is fail.
    Thanks to Heroes of the Plane Studios for the Bump/Bolt Avatar!
    Quote from Realize
    What I don't like about it is that it further suggests that we won't see any Lightning Bolts in standard any time soon. I already know that Wizards doesn't like lightning bolt because it makes all other burn spells look bad, but a red mage can dream... can't he?

Lightning Bolt was in Standard for two core sets. It won't be back for awhile, especially given Snapcaster Mage's existence in the format. Standard has not had Lightning Bolt in it before, just like one-drop white removal spells. WoTC doesn't want every Standard season to look the same, so they try to mix things up a bit. I'm sure Bolt will come back years from now, just not any time soon.
    Standard playable foil alt art cards! You won't hear me complaining, will get a playset!
    It is a red card with nice art. That is all I ask and thats what they have given. Thank you, Wizards of the Coast. Thank you.

Nicol Bolas is so awesome! And so is Kokusho!
    Bolas x Kokusho 4eva!!!
    Love is in the air Read their story here! Love is in the air
    My EDH Decks:
    BMy Little KokushoB
    RBRakdos UNLEASHED!!!RB

My Standard Decks:
    UGRakdos, Bolas, and Ludevic Go To A PartyUG
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes