Shocklands Italian mockups

These honestly look gorgeous, I cannot wait
    That Godless Shrine is unbelievable. Just wow. I like the Watery Grave too.
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black][B][SIZE=2]Standard:[/SIZE][/B][SIZE=1] [/SIZE] [SIZE=1][SIZE=1]Bident Layers B Devotion RG Devotion UW Control [/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Modern:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] Jund UW [SIZE=1]Control [SIZE=1]Combo Pod [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] [SIZE=1] [/SIZE] [B][SIZE=2]Legacy:[/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Dea[SIZE=1]thBlade [SIZE=1]RUG Delver[SIZE=1] [SIZE=1][SIZE=1]BUG Control [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE] [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT]

BBCode Render failed due to reaching MaxNestingDepth(5) for Tag: size

Quote from Pahshowned
    Pretty sure it's a masculine/feminine rule with foreign languages. If you notice a at the end of the card names there's an 'a' which is "feminine". Usually feminine verbs end with 'a' while words that end in e/o are masculine and they end in 'o'.

The subject of the sentence is the name of the land, hence the tapata/tapato. Subject = invoke the feminine or masculine rule.

yeah it's exactly this, in italian all the names have gender, and we need to change adjectives and participles in accordance to it.
    as you said the general rule is -a = feminine and -o = masculine
    Huey, Dewey and Louie are always dressed in RUG. it is CLEARLY going to be the wedges block

Standard BR Cows BG rock
    Modern WR Scepter U Ninja G Elves W Kithkins GNix Wave
    Commander WR Gisela WGR Marath GRB Prossh
    I actually like the new Breeding Pool. Also like the Foundry and Godless Shrine.
    Don't like Stomping grounds (but the old one is even worse) and Watery Grave is worse than the original: I honestly don't see the 'grave' in this new one. But the old one is really nice.
    On a side note, I love learning about source origins of languages, and I saw here that the Italian word for island is 'isola', which in turn is one of the sources of our English word 'isolated'.
    Evil is boring. The universe is friendly. Life is on your side. Joy is your birthright. Cynicism is idiotic. Fear is a bad habit. Despair is lazy. In fact, all of creation wants you to succeed. Act as if the universe is a prodigious miracle created for your amusement and illumination. Assume that secret helpers are working behind the scenes to assist you in turning into the gorgeous masterpiece you were born to be. . . Life always gives you exactly what you need, exactly when you need it.
    Quote from TwinSais
    Sacred Foundry looks amazing. Dat symmetry.

Godless shrine also looks amazing

Watery Grave looks great

Stomping grounds is good, I'm still confused what the heck a "stomping grounds" is

I'm disappointed by the Breeding Pool. It looks kinda cartoony, and that fish is just meh.

generally speaking, stomping grounds are anywhere you have spent a long perild of time at, or feel comfortable being, or have a reputation. "that bowling alley was my old stomping grounds back in the day". In this case, i think its ground that the Gruul spend a prolonged period of time stomping.
    I don't like the new MtgSalvation look.
    But I like Vorthos things.
    And Timmy cards.
    I only play Limited. Please respect that my opinions often regard this format.
    They're using known art. Unfortunately, they aren't using the new guild symbols as the watermarks. Takes away a little bit, but still awesome none the less!
    nothing as bad as the RTR temple garden, and the godless shrine is so sick. Overall very nice
    out of the 5 I like the Godless Shrine and the Sacred Foundry (seems so much like the originals).

Although I'd hoped they'd take a page from the original ravnica and get the same artist to do all 10 (preferably Mr. Avon)
    Current Game: Bioshock: Infinite

Mabbz on MTGO | Demgrinds on Twitch & Twitter | Helpdesk
    The art on Sacred Foundry, Godless Shrine, and Watery Grave I like. Not so hot on either Stomping Ground or Breeding Pool though.
    the mock ups turned out to be true
    Quote from demonz666
    the mock ups turned out to be true

We already knew that, though-
    there were pics of them from the PAX party Wink

Still, it's nice to have the "official" English versions.

Azorius
    SimicSimic
    Orzhov
    Reprint Stasis!
    Control needs more love.
    Dimir

EDH:

:simic:Momir Vig, Simic Visionary:simic:
    :izzet:Melek, Izzet Paragon:izzet:
    :dimir:Oona, Queen of the Fae:dimir:
    :azorius:Bruna, Light of Alabaster:azorius:
    :boros:Gisela, Blade of Goldnight:boros:
    :golgari:Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord:golgari:
    :dimir:Sen Triplets:orzhov:
    :simic:The Mimeoplasm:dimir:
    WUBRGSliver OverlordGRBUW
    the mock ups looked solid they will be true
    Quote from Dudeperm
    the mock ups looked solid they will be true

We know they're true. We had everything but the flavor text and card numbers, which were provided by the Card Image Gallery.

She wants a ride on the pony, dude.
    Mafia Stats
    Kill shot: BB
    Issue with my shooting? Please visit my helpdesk and help me learn to aim!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes