Rubblehulk

Quote from TK-421
    Fry
    Rubblehulk's p/t is equal to the number of lands. The bloodrush boost is equal to the number of lands... I fail to see the difference.

Rubblehulk's power and toughness at any time are equal to the number of lands you control. The card could have just said "target creature gets +X/+Y until end of turn, where X is this card's power and Y is its toughness."

Quote from Volrath
    Let us all pray for the day that Swanland draws an elemental that doesn't look the same as every elemental he has done in the past. Amen.

Seriously, this is his 1000 rendition of Mycoloth.

And then Rebecca Guay illustrates her ten thousandth iteration of "elegant girl with flowing hair and dress" and people eat it up.;)
    Love is in the airThe wedding is over. Now it's time for the honeymoon.Love is in the air

Thanks to Rivenor of Miraculous Recovery Signatures!
    Quote from Unskilled Ninja
    Rubblehulk's power and toughness at any time are equal to the number of lands you control. The card could have just said "target creature gets +X/+Y until end of turn, where X is this card's power and Y is its toughness."

Yes, but it's still providing the same power and toughness bonus, exactly as MaRo described, which is why I don't understand this quote:

"Except that's not what the ability does on Rubblehulk, so Rosewater is being intentionally misleading yet again."

She wants a ride on the pony, dude.

Mafia Stats
    Kill shot: BB
    Issue with my shooting? Please visit my helpdesk and help me learn to aim!
    Quote from GenericUser
    Rosewater is being intentionally misleading yet again.

Thats what Mark Rosewater does best.
    DimirWhispering Dimir ThievesDimir

:golgari::boros::rakdos::orzhov::izzet::simic::selesnya::azorius::dimir::gruul:
    Intro-pack jank rare confirmed.
    And then Rebecca Guay illustrates her ten thousandth iteration of "elegant girl with flowing hair and dress" and people eat it up.;)
    girls are more attractive than mycoloths.
    Quote from TK-421
    Fry
    Rubblehulk's p/t is equal to the number of lands. The bloodrush boost is equal to the number of lands... I fail to see the difference.

I definitely agree with Futurama Fry here. The reasoning behind why Rubblehulk's Bloodrush ability doesn't sat this creature's P/T and instead relates it to the number of lands is probably due to it being a CDA.

We're not exactly sure how Bloodrush works so it may work something similar to Madness where the card is actually exiled at one point between being discarded and cast. If Bloodrush cards work in a similar vein (that is being exiled at one point) then I would reckon that the CDA may not function when exiled.

Maybe we'll get some kind of answer at some time but I think it's awfully paranoid to think that Maro is hiding something because the ability is templated slightly different but does the exact same thing (or at least it seems to in most instances. )

It's the exact same bonus, but worded more clearly, since not everybody understands that CDAs still apply outside the battlefield. I fail to see how Rosewater was being misleading there (especially as he disclaimed that he wasn't giving the rules definition, just a summary based on his understanding of it).
    Quote from Dyne
    1) The mechanic seems like a rehash of Channel, except needs to be used during the attack step.

2) Seems horrible in the current Standard simply because of Azorious Charm

Bloodrush can be used from the attackers step up through the end of combat step (2nd main phase is too late). So if your attacking creature goes unblocked you can still use the Bloodrush since the creature is considered "attacking" up until then. It is not limited just to the attack step of the combat phase. This makes for interesting uncounterable combat tricks.
    Quote from lasttactics
    This makes for interesting uncounterable combat tricks.

Yet you quoted someone who stated Azorius Charm lol. Plus thats not the only thing either. Dramatic Rescue, Cyclonic Rift, kinda bad but Peel from Reality, Silent Departure, Unsummon

Quote from gmax666
    Yet you quoted someone who stated Azorius Charm lol. Plus thats not the only thing either. Dramatic Rescue, Cyclonic Rift, kinda bad but Peel from Reality, Silent Departure, Unsummon

Silent Departure is a Sorcery.
    Quote from gmax666

I was actually quoting the top part of the post where he stated that it could only be used during the attack step, not the 2nd part that discusses the charm haha. And by uncounterable I meant by typical Counterspell type cards since Bloodrush is an activated ability and not a spell. I didn't mean that it couldn't be stopped, though I can understand how it may have come across that way.
    Quote from lasttactics
    I was actually quoting the top part of the post where he stated that it could only be used during the attack step, not the 2nd part that discusses the charm haha. And by uncounterable I meant by typical Counterspell type cards since Bloodrush is an activated ability and not a spell. I didn't mean that it couldn't be stopped, though I can understand how it may have come across that way.

Ok good point. Plus it helped me too because I needed to look at all the bounce spells in case Bloodrush gets out of hand but I don't play blue -_- lol

I would love to Bloodrush this guy onto a Double Striker.
    Quote from jedimindtricks

Now, if we could just get that goblin walker. Preferably before the part in the storyline where he planeswalked right into Progenitus.

On the Subject of Master Biomancer:
    Quote from Lully
    That mythic is very mythic. Pillarfield ox has returned with a vengeance.

Many thanks to DNC at Heroes of the Plane Studios
    I'm not sure if anyone has posted it here, but Matt Tabak (the rules Manager) said that MaRo's statement concerning Bloodrush is wrong in at least two ways:
    http://twitter.com/TabakRules/statuses/283719762566057984

I'm sure we'll see more than simply giving P/T boost equal to the discarded card's P/T, since otherwise, there's no point in making it an ability word instead of a keyword.
    can't wait for all the awesome bloodrush cards. dont know why people think the cards is that bad
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes