Rubblehulk

From the Mothership gift box.

I wonder if the Bloodrush mechanic will always deal with number of lands or if the factor can change card to card

Image rehosted.
    -:ER:
    ATTACHMENTS
    • card_zps333b53dc
    Last edited by ExpiredRascals: 12/25/2012 2:19:57 AM
    Tournament Victories:
    Indianapolis Regionals 2009 (Standard)
    Worldwake Gameday (Limited)

See my alters here: http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/jimmy2do/Cards/
    So this ability means all your creatures can be combat tricks? I guess that seems pretty good, but I don’t know how many creative ways this can be made.
    So will Bloodrush be for lands or the creatures power?

GR Howlpack SlaughterGR
    UWBXEpser Mirrodin Phyrexican Artificial Death UWBX
    GX Ramp EldraziGX
    BRU Bolas of Grixis BRU
    WRB Kaalias Heavenly Hell Fire WRB
    Disappointing spoiler in that we can't tell how bloodrush will work on other cards yet(as I doubt it's an exact copy)
    Huh. Looks like the Gruul mechanic is "all my creatures are pump spells". But I'd almost always rather have the creature... But this would definitely be pitchable.

Actually this is fun with Domri Rade- hand full of combat tricks and board presence.
    It appears that Gruul got the mechanic that Azorious had last time. Except having to discard as part of it's cost.
    Bloodrush is just channel... How lame is that?

The card is very meh also. It's bad when hardcast, and 3 mana to pump a guy who must be attacking doesn't seem all that great.
    Ah, I knew they'd do Gruul. Red and green for Christmas after all!

Anyways, looks like Gruul's very land-centric. I dig it. There shalt be so much ramping. Kessig Wolf Run, baby.
    Edit- wait, maybe the land-centricity's just for this guy. Probably. Still, I dig it.

Sig by Rivenor
    Kumano - Heliod - Gisela - Jarad (testing) - Edric - Tariel - Hazezon - Maelstrom Wanderer
    Deck-building ideas
    Quote from ddarooman
    So this ability means all your creatures can be combat tricks? I guess that seems pretty good, but I don’t know how many creative ways this can be made.

We don't know what the other cards with this ability word will do except that they will probably have to do with the number of lands you control.
    L1 Judge

Pretty nice. Kingmaker card in EDH. I like that gruul has a land subtheme.
    Current EDH decks:
    Well, guess that guy spouting the Nephilim was just making fakes (the proposed keyword was "explore").

I look forward to Bloodrush Giant Growth.
    Ooh. Gruul decks are going to like lots of lands. Hence, I will like Gruul decks.

Looks to me like Bloodrush is channel where "lands matter". I dig it. Maybe this mechanic will give Living End something new to play with.
    Last edited by TheTennesseeFireman: 12/24/2012 11:08:37 PM
    Da, this vill work. I could see it in a Naya aggro deck. Discard this to anything bounded with Silver blade paladin. As far as using him as an actual creature..... he's not great.

Standard-
    WRG-Naya Humans
    EDH-
    RUG- Animar
    RW- Brion Stoutarm
    I wonder if Bloodrush means discarding to pump equal to the card's power or discarding to do something for each land you control.
    Quote from MisterMind
    We don't know what the other cards with this ability word will do except that they will probably have to do with the number of lands you control.

This.

Its stupid to jump to a conclusion that its only pump or only lands from a SINGLE CARD.
    Proud Member of the "Help Fblthp Get Home in DGM" Society

Quote from WoodWraith
    Quote from PiMan
    Quote from WoodWraith
    So many ooze cards in RTR block! Now all we need is an "ooze lord".
    We have Mark Rosewater already.
    Yeah,but his weakness to bus based removal is so crippling. Certainly not a 4 of.
    I'm guessing the basic template for Bloodrush is:

Bloodrush -- {mana}, Discard ~: Target attacking creature gets +X/+Y until end of turn (where X and Y are this card's power and toughness)

Maybe also granting abilities like trample or first strike.

Quote from Shadowclaimer
    This.

Its stupid to jump to a conclusion that its only pump or only lands from a SINGLE CARD.

Well, this card's effect has two elements: Pumping, and counting lands. Since the name "bloodrush" seems to be much more connected to pumping a creature than to counting lands, the basic template above seems like a reasonable deduction from this single example.
    Last edited by luminum can: 12/24/2012 11:08:23 PM
    Seems legit; you can use it as a combat trick! We don't know how the ability works, but we know enough to say Rubblehulk is cool! I wish he only cost five though.
    SHANDALAR
    A Custom Core Set
    ---NAZURA---
    A Custom African-Themed Set
    ~THE RAVNICAN CONSORTIUM~
    A Community Set

Quote from Drax
    A MAN CAN DREAM AND GET HIS SIMPLE MATHEMATICS WRONG.

Quote from jonnybgood23
    Pillarfield Ox? The legend returns.

Quote from TheWarden
    You had me at "Camel Shaman."

Okay, so they are putting some bad cards up front first. That's fine. Big question- what the hell does bloodrush do in general? Cost, discard, effect for attacker? Will it always be like this based on the templating?
    Baneslayer Angel- Pro Demons and Dragons

Malfegor- Demon Dragon: only creature in the history of magic that is both of Baneslayer's protections. Can kill Baneslayer.

Win
    I hope Bloodrush will be able to be used at Instant speed. Not being able to Scavenge as an Instant is what killed Golgari for me.
    I'm going to assume the five cards previewed this week will be the prerelease and intro pack rares.
    MTGS: You guys do not speak for the wider Magic community despite what you guys think.

708th at Grand Prix: Toronto 2013

Modern: Mono Blue Tron
    Standard: Esper
    Legacy: Dredge
    EDH: Every colour combo, baby!
    Quote from Fissure
    I hope Bloodrush will be able to be used at Instant speed. Not being able to Scavenge as an Instant is what killed Golgari for me.

Scavenge at instant would've been borderline broken, especially for Limited. It would require way too much board information from the graveyard to be enjoyable.

No offense meant, just saying. Scavenge is fine the way it is. I think the only reason it isn't played more is the lack of effective Scavengers/targets really. (There's a few). Hopefully they'll play nicely with new cards (given Simic's new card draw + counters has some fun there).
    Proud Member of the "Help Fblthp Get Home in DGM" Society

Quote from WoodWraith
    Quote from PiMan
    Quote from WoodWraith
    So many ooze cards in RTR block! Now all we need is an "ooze lord".
    We have Mark Rosewater already.
    Yeah,but his weakness to bus based removal is so crippling. Certainly not a 4 of.
    Quote from Geaux
    Disappointing spoiler in that we can't tell how bloodrush will work on other cards yet(as I doubt it's an exact copy)

Agreed. While I think the card is interesting enough, I don't like that the spoiler isn't very clear on exactly hoe bloodrush works. All we know right now is it involves discarding a card for an effect. Though, based on the spoiled Borborgymos, it is possible that this is the entire mechanic...
    Current Standard Decks

under construction...
    This is an uncounterable pump, at that, given no Stifle like effect in the format, which is the good part of the card.

The creature itself is pretty constructed unplayable at 6 mana, wouldn't have hurt to make it a 5 or even 4 drop with the same ability. 6 mana arbitrary power/toughness dude without any kind of evasion on its own is pretty atrocious.
    I'm guessing Bloodrush is more focused on the "attacking creature" part and less on the lands or discarding aspect.
    Quote from Fissure

It doesn't say, "Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery", so it'll be an instant-speed ability.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes