2012 Holiday Promo Card: Naughty//Nice

Quote from Morphling
    I like how it actually tells a story.

Naughty, the guy's looking at you all evilly and it's bloody mouth, then you see Nice and Heh, it turns out I'm only eating pie you big silly, Happy Holidays!! Grin

That's because he wants to have his pie and eat it too Smile
    L1 Judge
    Cincinnati, OH, USA
    [c]Black Lotus[/c]=Black Lotus
    [c=Black Lotus]Lotus[/c]=Lotus
    [c=Black Lotus|Alpha]Lotus[/c]=Lotus
    [mana]WUBRGS-TQ-1-2-12-XY[/mana]=WUBRGS-TQ----XY
    [mana]{WU}{UB}{BR}{RG}{GW}{WB}{BG}{GU}{UR}{RW}{2W}{2U}{2B}{2R}{2G}[/mana]=(W/U)(U/B)(B/R)(R/G)(G/W)(W/B)(B/G)(G/U)(U/R)(R/W)(2/W)(2/U)(2/B)(2/R)(2/G)
    Activated Ability-(cost): (effect)
    Triggered Ability-Whenever/When/At ..., (effect)
    Replacement Effect-If/As ..., (effect)
    Awesome card, I would love to play it. However its one of those promos that just arent worth the extra cash, especially because its not for a tourney deck.
    Quote from Masque
    Very nice use of split card! The guy is the same from Diabolic Tutor eh.

Now with additional fruit moustache.
    My favorite Holiday Promo. Each year these get better and funnier. Love the flavor and the art.
    Currently Playing:
    Modern: Tempus Fugit (Time Warp Control) [In construction]
    Legacy: Rb Burn [In construction]

The whole experience of watching a chubby Korean guy bounce around singing in some language that no one understood, coupled with exploding boats, dudes in blue sequenced tuxes, and dudes air humping in ten gallon hats was too much for some to take in on the first watch.

Follow me on Tumblr for MTG opinion and commentary, deck techs, and a few other suprises
    http://holdpriority.tumblr.com/
    Just received one this afternoon. It's 1,000 times better looking in person. The silhouette around the character is foil, as is the pie pan. The red foil used for Happy Holidays 2012 really pops out.

You can just barely see it because it's the same silver that's used as the border, but the collector's number is HH 2012.

Straight into my Kaalia of the Vast deck!
    This card is probably my favorite of all the holiday cards. It has pie on it!
    I hate angels.

Commander:
    B Anowon, the Ruin Sage
    R Bosh, Iron Golem
    GU Experiment Kraj
    BGW Karador, Ghost Chieftain
    URG Riku of Two Reflections
    Anything else WotC sent with that card in the holiday package to the retailers? One year they've sent an Elspeth mousepad as well.
    Quote from ElbLee
    Anything else WotC sent with that card in the holiday package to the retailers? One year they've sent an Elspeth mousepad as well.

We got one of the mousepads as a prize from our LGS - I'll ask and see if the owner knows anything.
    Quote from RedPanda
    Armed combat is a gentleman's game, and it takes a gentleman to wield arms. Solemn Simulacrum is a gentleman.
    I love this card Smile
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=7][COLOR=SandyBrown][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=Blue][URL="http://www.fusioncash.net/?ref=plaguezombie"]I've made over 300 bucks off of this site since 10/29/09...Why haven't you?!?!?![/URL] [URL="http://www.cashpirate.com/members/register.php?ref=plaguezombie"]I've also made over 95 bucks on this site since I started on 11/24/09. Give it a try![/URL] [SIZE=3][SIZE=3]Looking to try out a new card site[SIZE=3], but need an incentive? Want to buy [SIZE=3]2 [SIZE=3]NM [/SIZE]Hallowed [SIZE=3]Fountains for less than $13 shipped?[/SIZE][/SIZE] Send me your email [SIZE=3]in a PM and I can get you a coupo[SIZE=3]n for $5 [SIZE=3]off of your first order [SIZE=3]of $10 or more at cardtitan.com![/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][U][I][B][COLOR=Blue] [/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

BBCode Render failed due to reaching MaxNestingDepth(5) for Tag: size

The guy looks like rabid Aphex Twins. Laughing
    Ha!!! This is a lot of fun. I gotta get myself a copy!

Come check out my trades!!!
    Like everyone said, that guy is really from Diabolic Tutor XD

But while the Nice one is comboriffic, the Naughty one is a bit too strong, isn't it? Or maybe not if you're not playing 5 colors. Nice card Grin
    I'm so throwing this into my Doran deck, this, Word of Command, and Leveller make for some fun times.
    I love this and want one bad. This is my favorite holiday promo card, but it ironically feels the least holiday-esque.
    He also looks a helluva lot like Robert Downey Jr.! X D
    Quote from magac
    But while the Nice one is comboriffic, the Naughty one is a bit too strong, isn't it? Or maybe not if you're not playing 5 colors. Nice card Grin

Probably not too strong as they basically already printed it as Praetor's Grasp :p

Anyhow nice card, fun art gag, and I reaaaaaally hope that the L3 Christmas packet has one of these this year Grin
    DCI L3 Judge; Regional Coordinator, British Isles & South Africa

I run a Tumblr for Magic-related statistics, graphs, and quizzes. Come check it out!
    Quote from magac
    Like everyone said, that guy is really from Diabolic Tutor XD

If anything, Naughty is weak. Even if you do have the correct mana to play what you get, you have no control over what's in your opponent's deck. The best Naughty can get you is probably going to be your opponent's most efficient creature or something. Not especially gamebreaking.
    Quote from Bogardan Mage
    If anything, Naughty is weak. Even if you do have the correct mana to play what you get, you have no control over what's in your opponent's deck. The best Naughty can get you is probably going to be your opponent's most efficient creature or something. Not especially gamebreaking.

Oh, I don't know. I wouldn't mind taking a Maze of Ith, or a Nev's Disk, or a Masticore, or ...
    Naughty seems a little obvious. So what are the uses for Nice? The Johnny in me wants to think of as many as possible:
    Diplomacy (Boooring)
    Putting a pact in their hand and Mindslavering/Sorin'ing them
    2HG/Team Combos (Eg. They have 3 Painter Servants and 3 Grindstones in their deck. You have 1 of each and 4 naughty//nice)
    Casting huge cards out of their hand with Reversal of Fortune or Mindclaw Shaman.
    Effects based on the number of cards in their hand? Seems a little small when bilateral card draw does so much better.
    Ignite Memories after putting Emrakul or something similarly obnoxious into their hand?

All I got.
    Goblins in every format
    Doesn't this card break one of Magic's fundamental rules? That at no point should a player's card end up in the hand of their opponent
    #FreeWildNacatl
    Quote from RichardHaro
    Doesn't this card break one of Magic's fundamental rules? That at no point should a player's card end up in the hand of their opponent

Pay notice to the border color. Most of the holiday cards follow the fundamental design rules except for Fruitcake Elemental and Season's Beatings.

Gifts Given: Same issue as naughty // nice
    Evil Presents: Creatures can't attack their controllers
    Snow Mercy: {T}, {Q}, {T}, {Q}, {T} will never show up on a serious card.
    Yule Ooze: Likewise, "Eat some food" will never be the cost of an ability.
    Goblins in every format
    To do list:

- Get my hands on a copy of this.
    - Convince my EDH group to let me play with it.

[23:18] <CC> You're somehow gayer than I am.
    Check out the thread for my cube if you have the time, and tell me how terrible it is.

Generals meant to be drafted first in a single pack of 6 cards.

And here is the actual cube, meant to be drafted in 4 regular sized packs. (60 card decks)
    Quote from RichardHaro

Fry
    These are basically Un-cards that are rarer and holiday themed.

She wants a ride on the pony, dude.
    Mafia Stats
    Kill shot: BB
    Issue with my shooting? Please visit my helpdesk and help me learn to aim!
    I need at least one copy of this in my life. It is a random tutor effect on a double black white card....MUST HAVE!!!!
    Wield your heart, and the world will tremble!!!-Doran, the Siege Tower
    BWG

Quote from Lormador

The effect could prove so discombobulating to combo players, in particularly, they may fizzle and run away screaming. "From that day the Curse of the Plateau was upon me, and I found every hand I ever pull from a combo deck is a mulligan."

Member of Anti-Blue Alliance (Just Say "Yes" to Spells!) Members: 8 known, add to your sig to join!
    Quote from KnickM
    Oh, I don't know. I wouldn't mind taking a Maze of Ith, or a Nev's Disk, or a Masticore, or ...

Yes, if your opponent has those. The problem is you can't count on that being the case.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes