2012 Holiday Promo Card: Naughty//Nice

Just got the 2012 Holiday Promo Card

It's Naughty / Nice

Naughty, 1BB
    Sorcery
    Search another target player's library for a card and put that card into your hand. Then shuffle that player's library.

Nice, 1WW
    Sorcery
    Search your library for a card and put it in another target player's hand. Then shuffle your library.
    ATTACHMENTS
    • MTG 2012 holiday card
    Last edited by TK-421: 12/12/2012 7:03:56 PM
    MTG REALM : MAIN SITE : TUMBLR : TWITTER

~
    That's pretty awesome. Great flavor and a neat way to do a Split Card. Also, threw off many people who were expecting maybe another gold card; although, in a way they were kind of right.
    Very nice use of split card! The guy is the same from Diabolic Tutor eh.
    Last edited by Masque: 12/12/2012 4:38:30 PM
    I wholeheartedly approve of this
    It's the guy from Diabolic Tutor! Smile

Another great holiday card.
    Naughty is basically what Praetor's Grasp attempts to be.
    Nice is basically hilarious.

Azorius
    SimicSimic
    Orzhov
    Reprint Stasis!
    Control needs more love.
    Dimir

EDH:

:simic:Momir Vig, Simic Visionary:simic:
    :izzet:Melek, Izzet Paragon:izzet:
    :dimir:Oona, Queen of the Fae:dimir:
    :azorius:Bruna, Light of Alabaster:azorius:
    :boros:Gisela, Blade of Goldnight:boros:
    :golgari:Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord:golgari:
    :dimir:Sen Triplets:orzhov:
    :simic:The Mimeoplasm:dimir:
    WUBRGSliver OverlordGRBUW
    These holiday promos- are they only given to wizard employees or what? I like these and want them lol.
    My Webcomic: http://flyingsparkscomic.com - A webcomic of a hero and villain in love. New pages, wednesdays!

Currently Playing:
    Standard: Jund Midrange
    Modern: Mono-U Faeries, Soul Sisters, Scapeshift
    Legacy: Goblins, Dredge, BUG Agent
    EDH: Zur, Azusa, Gisela, Hanna
    Quote from aprilsrain
    These holiday promos- are they only given to wizard employees or what? I like these and want them lol.

Yes, but you can find them up on ebay or from certain vendors from time to time.
    I definitely approve of this. Sweet promo, sure it isn't the best but it's better than some of the cards they have released IMHO.

Nice is clearly the bigger combo card. You cast nice, put pact of the titan in the opponent's hand, and then cast word of command. Or you can just troll them by putting sorrow's path in their hand.
    "Yawgmoth," Freyalise whispered as she set the bomb, "now you will pay for your treachery."

-Freyalise

Currently Playing:
    Legacy:
    UBWRGAll manner of storm comboGRWBU
    Dark Ritual on The Source and Storm Boards
    Notable finishes:
    Top 16 SCG Kansas City Legacy Open 2012 with Burning ANT
    Top 32 SCG Minneapolis Legacy Open 2012 with Burning ANT
    Dang, was hoping for a super good one for cube draft. Gifts given is getting lonely Frown
    Want to Cube but don't have one? Check the map if anyone is in your area and get cubing!

The Great Cube Map!

My Powered Cube

Draft it here!
    Are these cards legal in eternal formats?

As in, the unique promos like Yule ooze and such.
    Quote from Tybalt
    Are these cards legal in eternal formats?

As in, the unique promos like Yule ooze and such.

Nope. They're "silver" bordered (it's more like a foil border that you see on Un-cards)

That said, I like this year's one. But no one ever pays me in holiday cards...

GatheringMagic.com Commander Writer
    Twitter: @mtgcolorpie
    One of the GDS2 Final 101

Recently Written Posts:
    1-31 MTGCP The Complete Commander - Designing Commander
    12-18 MTGCP The Day Kibler Shut Down the World
    Quote from rezombied
    Yes, but you can find them up on ebay or from certain vendors from time to time.

They are also given to business partners of WotC, which is likely how the vendors get them. Also, to address the legality question, no, this is not tournament legal, hence the silver border (it's the exact same silver border used on Un-cards to identify them as not being tournament legal). Even if it were black-bordered, the individual halves would probably need ante disclaimers.

On another note, this is probably my favorite holiday promo thus far, and I really haven't liked any of them since Fruitcake Elemental.
    DCI Rules Advisor

Currently playing:
    (Temporarily on hiatus from playing, but still a rules advisor.)
    I like it.
    I know a store owner who is going to be very happy. And an employee (me) who is going to get sick of hearing about it.

I really like the card though.
    L1 Judge

Quote from rezombied

They're super pricey, darnit.
    My Webcomic: http://flyingsparkscomic.com - A webcomic of a hero and villain in love. New pages, wednesdays!

Currently Playing:
    Standard: Jund Midrange
    Modern: Mono-U Faeries, Soul Sisters, Scapeshift
    Legacy: Goblins, Dredge, BUG Agent
    EDH: Zur, Azusa, Gisela, Hanna
    Great card for diplomacy in EDH. Guessing that the silver-border makes it an auto-ban for the format though.
    Quote from aprilsrain
    They're super pricey, darnit.

They are. However, this is the time of year when everyone remembers that they exist, so the prices are about $inflated during the holiday season (at least, eBay prices are). More interest = more bids = higher prices. Give it a few months, and while there will be fewer for sale, they will be cheaper.
    Pretty sweet card. Snow Mercy is still my favourite (the multiple tap and untap activation on a snow globe is the best thing ever) but this one is very good.
    ~Th3 GrÅnD€§† SµPeR1Ør~

Special thanks to Hakai Studios and SushiOtter for the sig!

Active:
    X Metalworker MUD
    WUR Miracle Control
    BRG Punishing Jund
    UBRG Ad Nauseam Tendrils
    WUBRG Manaless Dredge

Inactive:
    U Monoblue Omnitell
    UR Sneak and Show
    WUB Esper Stoneblade
    URG Canadian Threshold
    WUR Patriot Delver
    WUG Bant
    UBG Shardless BUG
    UBG Team America
    WUBRG The Epic Storm
    RG Charbelcher
    That/those card(s) is/are certainly very interesting, and I especially like how the artwork of naughty is reminiscent of the newest and current artwork of diabolic tutor. Also, with that name and artwork, was anyone reminded of Freaky Fred from Courage the Cowardly Dog? He had a very creepy smile, similar to the one in that artwork, and very often said the word "naaaauuughty..."
    Last edited by DemonDragonJ: 12/13/2012 8:09:58 PM
    “Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither.”-Benjamin Franklin

“When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”-Thomas Jefferson

“A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of its user.”-Theodore Roosevelt

“Patriotism means to stand by one's country; it does not mean to stand by one's president.”-Theodore Roosevelt
    This card is awesome! I cannot wait to use it to take mean stuff from my friends' decks... or maybe I'll use it to make them borrow my Kokusho so they can finally appreciate her awesomeness and stop laughing at me for my Kokusho love... Anyway this card is great. I really like the art of the guy with the pie. Now I kinda want pie... lol

Nicol Bolas is so awesome! And so is Kokusho!
    Bolas x Kokusho 4eva!!!
    Love is in the air Read their story here! Love is in the air
    My EDH Decks:
    BMy Little KokushoB
    RBRakdos UNLEASHED!!!RB

My Standard Decks:
    UGRakdos, Bolas, and Ludevic Go To A PartyUG
    Kind of makes me wish I didn't year apart my Vish Kal deck.
    I do NOT recommend CCGHouse.com

The Walking Dead - Legacy
    Trade me for my Tundra and U. Sea!
    [red]If you sent me 2 Theros Thoughtseize, please PM me immediately.[/red]
    This would be going straight in my cube if I could get my hands on one. I wonder how much this will go for in a few months?
    I like how it actually tells a story.

Naughty, the guy's looking at you all evilly and it's bloody mouth, then you see Nice and Heh, it turns out I'm only eating pie you big silly, Happy Holidays!! Grin
    Juggs W/U mana U/R mana R/G mana G/U mana U/B mana B/G mana W/G mana W/B mana B/R mana R/W mana Juggs
    Nude Eternal Witness?
    Wouldn't they have to edit that for the Chinese markets?
    Only if she had skulls for nipples.

Quote from Mike Flores »
    Absolutely nothing but boom booms in this deck.

Blue Deck
    Black Deck
    Red Deck
    Green Deck
    It's very funny, nice design.
    Quote from izzetmage
    If the store owner says that I can't trade in the premises, I'll just go outside. If he says that I can't trade within 10m of his premises, I'll go to 11 meters. If he says that he doesn't want to see me trading, I will put a basket over his head and continue trading.

Quote from Stinky-Dinkins

Yes, he's a local legend. He's only known to take his clothes off before he goes into the Ladies' Lockerroom. Nobody knows what he does in there because he's invisible, but it's almost certainly tons of masturbating.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes