2013 GP Schedule (promo: Primeval Titan), OP changes

They should have given a Modern legal more expensive rare/mythic, like thoughtseize. We need way more thoughtseizes in the market than primeval titans...
    MTGO Modern Player

The next Modern ban will be Birthing Pod
    Quote from Cactuscorpus
    If only this card was released in its prime time.

What you did there. I see it.

Anyway, I'm glad for this, even though it sees nearly 0 competitive play. I like complete cycles and this gives cubes a fun option.
    I'm sorta sad that Prime Time is the promo. I was hoping to land a Lotus Cobra for my Cube (now I have to search for one)

As for the changes, I'm not really into the competitive scene, but it's nice to know that WoTC has increased player incentives.
    Quote from Nyzzeh
    They should have given a Modern legal more expensive rare/mythic, like thoughtseize. We need way more thoughtseizes in the market than primeval titans...

Thoughtseize is a pretty safe include in Modern Masters. Hopefully it's still Rare.

Standard
    W.I.P.
    EDH
    WNorn Tokens
    If they put thoughtseize at mythic I leave magic. Should have been uncommon for starters.
    MTGO Modern Player

The next Modern ban will be Birthing Pod
    This promo is just terrible. I can't believe they would do this so soon after it was banned in EDH. Frown

Nicol Bolas is so awesome! And so is Kokusho!
    Bolas x Kokusho 4eva!!!
    Love is in the air Read their story here! Love is in the air
    My EDH Decks:
    BMy Little KokushoB
    RBRakdos UNLEASHED!!!RB

My Standard Decks:
    UGRakdos, Bolas, and Ludevic Go To A PartyUG
    This promo is just terrible. I can't believe they would do this so soon after it was banned in EDH. Frown

Primeval Titan was only banned in EDH three months ago. Cards get printed further in advance than that. Besides, it sees play in Modern (Scapeshift/Valakut).
    DCI Rules Advisor

Currently playing:
    (Temporarily on hiatus from playing, but still a rules advisor.)
    Quote from Nyzzeh
    If they put thoughtseize at mythic I leave magic. Should have been uncommon for starters.

Absolutely. Cashseize at rare still remains one of the biggest slaps in the face that Wizards ever did with rarity. No reason at all for it to be there.

GP Schedule looks nice, but I wish they would have more big stuff around Boston (which is already a long enough southward-bound haul). Or give Midwest/Southwest bros some more love.

I bet they're also a little peeved at the rules council for killing Prime Time. Wizards would also do well to avoid making a Consecrated Sphinx promo any time soon.
    mmmmmhmmmmmm
    Oh man, I can't wait to play this promo in Legacy 12-Post, and... nothing else?
    Quote from love_blanket
    The problem with defining this format by what is "fun" is that everyone seems to define fun as what they don't lose to. If you keep losing to easily answered cards, that means improve you should improve your deck. If you don't want to improve your deck, then you should come to peace with the idea that you are going to lose because you chose to not interact with better strategies.
    Quote from SyntheticDreamer
    Primeval Titan was only banned in EDH three months ago. Cards get printed further in advance than that. Besides, it sees play in Modern (Scapeshift/Valakut).

Yeah the (much) lesser competitive versions of Scapeshift....
    So many serious comments. I better say something witty...

Ha, his flavor text makes ability look like he has to find lands to poop.

There is buried treasure everywhere...in a graveyard. Golgari
    Quote from Pseudofate
    Shut down the rumor mill. This man has everything under control.
    Absolutely. Cashseize at rare still remains one of the biggest slaps in the face that Wizards ever did with rarity. No reason at all for it to be there.

not the right thread, but its the best discard spell they've ever printed... Rolleyes

anywho, why no east coast modern GP? booo.
    I speak in sarcasm because calling people ******* ******** is not allowed.

Mission Accomplished!

W/U mana FREE STONEFORGE W/U mana
    Why do you supposed they stuck to 1200 for the turnout requirement for more invites? I would still think top 8ing a GP of 1000+ is still pretty much a monumental feat. Perhaps they feel the cost of tickets for 8 instead of 4 would be offset by the larger number of people.
    *I COLLECT EHAN106 ALTERS. GOT ANY?*

An actor without a director is but a mannequin.
    While a director without a writer is unemployed.
    But ultimately a writer without words is dead.
    ~R. D. Newman

"7,015 creatures in existence. They all die to removal."

Never before has a boy wanted more...zombie slaying.

GP Vegas: It was once in a lifetime!

On Vault of the Archangel
    Quote from Cyanfunk
    Suddenly, every vanilla creature ever becomes a fully loaded shotgun to your opponent's crotch.
    yeah prime time is back.
    Quote from EX33396948
    Dohoho! I see what you did there. No, this feels more like them completing the promo cycle of titans. The fall promo could be anything, but will probably be modern legal if I had to put my money anywhere.

You forgot... Gorilla Titan!
    GP Oakland is M14 limited and the other two I can easily travel to are Modern (SD/Portland). That sucks.

A Pro Tour in Dublin is nice though. Looks like I'll be going all out that PTQ season. Would love to take a trip back home.
    What am I playing? Glad you asked!
    Standard - Mono Green Control G
    Modern - Soul Sisters/Vizkopa-Martyr W - Living End BRG - Jund BRG
    Legacy - Junk BWG - Maverick GW - SI BG
    Foreigning out SI, currently 33/75. The only thing better than a T1 kill is doing it with cards no one has ever heard of and/or can't read. If anyone has any of the usual pieces, PM me. I'm willing to buy/trade.
    Quote from jskura
    Yay! Toronto is a limited event again.

/happydance

The last 2 GPs in Toronto.
    Scars Limited (2010): Almost 2k players
    Modern (2012): Barely 1k
    On the downside, it's also not in Toronto again.
    I actually like the art, it's a great Promo, it's really too bad it's banned in EDH tho.
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black][B][SIZE=2]Standard:[/SIZE][/B][SIZE=1] [/SIZE] [SIZE=1][SIZE=1]Bident Layers B Devotion RG Devotion UW Control [/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Modern:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] Jund UW [SIZE=1]Control [SIZE=1]Combo Pod [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] [SIZE=1] [/SIZE] [B][SIZE=2]Legacy:[/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Dea[SIZE=1]thBlade [SIZE=1]RUG Delver[SIZE=1] [SIZE=1][SIZE=1]BUG Control [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE] [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT]

BBCode Render failed due to reaching MaxNestingDepth(5) for Tag: size

Quote from MisterMind
    I couldn't remember the last event of season two, here's from the end of June onward.

Grand Prix Miami June 29-30, 2013 Standard
    Grand Prix Kansas City July 6-7, 2013 Modern
    Grand Prix Calgary July 27-28, 2013 Standard
    Grand Prix Rimini July 27-28, 2013 Magic 2014 Limited
    World Championship in Amsterdam July 31-August 4, 2013 Mixed
    World Magic Cup in Amsterdam August 2-4, 2013 Mixed
    Grand Prix Warsaw August 10-11, 2013 Standard
    Grand Prix Kitakyushu August 24-25, 2013 Standard
    Grand Prix Oakland August 24-25, 2013 Magic 2014 Limited
    Grand Prix Prague August 31-September 1, 2013 Magic 2014 Limited
    Grand Prix Detroit September 14-15, 2013 Modern
    Grand Prix Oklahoma City October 5-6, 2013 "Friends" Limited
    Grand Prix Brisbane October 5-6, 2013 Modern
    Pro Tour "Friends" in Dublin October 11-13, 2013 Modern / Booster Draft
    Grand Prix Louisville October 19-20, 2013 Standard
    Grand Prix Hong Kong October 19-20, 2013 "Friends" Limited
    Grand Prix Antwerp October 26-27, 2013 Modern
    Grand Prix Santiago November 2-3, 2013 Standard
    Grand Prix Valencia November 9-10, 2013 "Friends" Limited
    Grand Prix Washington D.C. November 16-17, 2013 Legacy
    Grand Prix Albuquerque November 23-24, 2013 Standard
    Grand Prix Kyoto November 23-24, 2013 "Friends" Team Limited
    Grand Prix Toronto November 30-December 1, 2013 "Friends" Limited
    Grand Prix Vienna November 30-December 1, 2013 Standard

I am thinking of taking my wife and going to the November 2-3 in Santiago. Do I need to do anything before or can I just walk up and sign up to play when I get there???
    CHERRY
    Quote from Nyktos
    On the downside, it's also not in Toronto again.

Grand Prix Toronto November 30-December 1, 2013 "Friends" Limited
    If I have the day off of the GP Charlotte im all in!! It is going to be a GTC Limited format, but thats ok. More chances at lands and other goodies!!
    Modern
    :symr:RDW:symr:
    :symb:Vampires:symb:
    :symw::symg::symu:Slivers:symu::symw::symg:
    :symu:Merfolk:symu:

Standard
    :symw:White Weenie:symw:
    :symr:Red Devotion:symr:
    :symr::symw:Boros:symr::symw:
    :symg::symw::symu:Bant Hexproof:symu::symw::symg:
    :symw::symu:Heroic Enchantments:symu::symw:
    Quote from Cactuscorpus
    If only this card was released in its prime time.

I love you
    Sucks for me, the only GP close to me is Standard, which I despise
    Thats a pretty sweet promo. Love the new art. And the GP schedule looks pretty good, i told myself i was gonna do more travelling thiis year, Gives me more of a reaswon now.
    Many props to DarkNightCavalier over @ Heroes of the Plane Studios for awesome sig.
    Wink It takes 2 Little Girl's to kill a Llanowar Elves Wink

Haves/Wants
    Collection
    From what I can see, both the setsymbol and little paintbrush are on the card.

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/feature/225b

Have they updated it, or am I looking at the wrong place?
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes