2013 GP Schedule (promo: Primeval Titan), OP changes

First GP for Louisville and it's the same weekend as my friend's wedding....ARG!
    Tournament Victories:
    Indianapolis Regionals 2009 (Standard)
    Worldwake Gameday (Limited)

See my alters here: http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/jimmy2do/Cards/
    What are the season begin and end dates for 2013?
    Oh my the Prime Titan looks like the Incredible Hulk right now
    Rules Advisor (January 2012)
    Quote from Bacl
    Frost Titan maybe?

Dohoho! I see what you did there. No, this feels more like them completing the promo cycle of titans. The fall promo could be anything, but will probably be modern legal if I had to put my money anywhere.
    L2
    Lapsed Rules Adviser Rolleyes
    gawwwhhh I need a playset of those foil Prime Times now...
    YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.
    Quote from SyntheticDreamer
    I asked Helene Bergeot on Twitter and it's actually intentional.

https://twitter.com/HeleneBergeot/statuses/278017545938804737

I hope this is a decision we'll see WotC sticking to with promo cards going forward as well.

I don't mind the paintbrush or DCI/shooting star expansion symbol but the huge-ass GP/FNM/shooting star watermarks largely ruined promo cards as it's the only thing drawing the eye when you're looking at the card.
    Last edited by Exodite: 12/10/2012 4:42:03 AM
    Wow we've certainly come far since last year's horrendous changes this is amazing news and I can't wait for next year. Hopefully I don't end up runner up in a ptq again winning one of those gives you more pwps than winning a gp I think.
    Rules Advisor

Quote from koloblicin

Your deck seems to be running at your opponent while at the same time trying to play the piano, ride a bike, and make an important business call.
    I like that they decided to stop using random set symbols for promos.
    I felt like a lot of them cheapened the art or looked just plain ridiculous.
    If combo should die before I wake I'll slide a Smokestack in every deck I play, roll in every shop wreck the Spirit of EDH.
    WUBRG [Primer] Scion of the Ur-Dragon
    WUB Sharuum the Hegemon
    :symrg::symrg: Wort, the Raidmother

In Progress: B Chainer, Dementia Master
    Quote from Jivanmukta
    I hate casual players. I'd rather watch magic die than see them happy.
    Kinda new to the tourney thing, what's "friends limited?"
    I'm just glad that Primeval Titan finally got its promo like its other brothers.

It is a shame its banned in Commander though.

[CMB] Bible | [CMB] Wiki | EDHD
    Quote from Dechs Kaison

More seriously, I do intend to teach my kid how to play magic. The litmus test will be every month or so I'll hand him a basic land to play with. When his first reaction is no longer "chew on the card" he's ready to learn.
    Bah why did they have to make Dublin Modern format, I'd have gone if it was a decent format Frown

The promo choice seems odd, but guess it will see use.
    Link Hero of Un-[Limited] Potential Link
    Image removed due to an invalid URL:

"You're truly a blessing.
    I want you to know
    that I care for you deeply,
    wherever I go"

Link

Quote from VestDan »

Btw, Belgareth... could you give the rest of us awesomeness lessons? Please?

Quote from MandersHex
    Belgareth, I second the quote in your sig. You should teach a class.
    Quote from BubbaKanoosh
    Kinda new to the tourney thing, what's "friends limited?"

"FRiends" is the codename for the set after RTR block. They haven't announced its official name yet. It is next year's big block sealed.

Also, more Modern GPs in the midwest. Apparently that's all we're allowed to get (Lincoln, Chicago, Kansas City, now Detroit...if only Indy weren't on the worst weekend possible for a GP).

DCI Level 1 Judge
    Quote from Belgareth
    Bah why did they have to make Dublin Modern format, I'd have gone if it was a decent format Frown

The promo choice seems odd, but guess it will see use.

Well since the introduction of Modern, the 3rd PT of the year has always been a modern event, with the first a year ago in Philadephia.

It normally goes

1st PT - Standard
    2nd PT - Block Constructed
    3rd PT - Modern
    Yay! Toronto is a limited event again.

/happydance

The last 2 GPs in Toronto.
    Scars Limited (2010): Almost 2k players
    Modern (2012): Barely 1k
    Do you play Magic in the Niagara Region in Ontario? Check out our facebook group!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/416755838359501/
    Rules Advisor - As of Monday June 27, 2011
    L1 - As of December 16, 2012
    Quote from jskura
    Yay! Toronto is a limited event again.

/happydance

The last 2 GPs in Toronto.
    Scars Limited (2010): Almost 2k players
    Modern (2012): Barely 1k

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't call 1361 players "close to 2k", though it's nice that a limited GP will probably get past the 1200-player threshold for the top 8 getting PT invites.
    Quote from Lyciana
    As far as I know, most grandmothers are also mothers. I could be wrong though...
    Quote from Dire Wombat »
    Basically, if you want to open packs to get cards for Standard and Modern, the simpler approach is to just buy all the singles you need and then set some money on fire to make up the difference.
    BTW, per Helene Bergeot on Twitter, a more detailed version of the GP schedule including venues should go up tomorrow.
    Last edited by SyntheticDreamer: 12/10/2012 12:30:26 PM
    DCI Rules Advisor

Currently playing:
    (Temporarily on hiatus from playing, but still a rules advisor.)
    Quote from Belgareth

I wish it were that simple myself to go to that pro tour;). Modern being my personal favorite.
    Rules Advisor

Quote from koloblicin

Your deck seems to be running at your opponent while at the same time trying to play the piano, ride a bike, and make an important business call.
    Excited for Detroit to have a GP again. Looks like I need a Modern deck. At least I have until September to get it.
    Prime Time is the promo for the first half of 2013, not the second half. Vegas is the first GP that will have the next promo.
    L1 Judge

Would it be possible for someone to post the schedule on here or PM me the info. I'm on a government laptop and stuck in Afghanistan and they block wizards site because its associated with games.
    Currently Playing :

Standard - :symb::symg: Aggro
    Modern -:symr::symu: - Storm / :symb::symg::symr: - Dredgevine / :symw::symu: - Eggs / :symw::symu::symb::symr::symg: - Doman Zoo / white mana - Soul Sisters
    Legacy - :symr::symw::symg: - Zoo / :symr::symg: - Belcher

On the Standstill Promo

That seems like a ripoff. Why would anyone play that when the next spell you cast will make your opponents draw a bunch of cards? It does not even look good for mill decks.
    Quote from Bacl
    Holy crap, if that was in Standard, or used in Modern, that would be an amazing promo!

At least it can go into an edh dec- at least it's a nice card.

On Modern Masters 2:
    Quote from Serafiend
    just remember wotc, be sure to keep that print run in check. we don't wanna upset players of mtg: the stock market, after all.

My Ban Senses are tingling about Bloodbraid Elf in Modern. Just Saying. You heard it here first. 10/18/2012.
    ^ Will be kept until 12/31/2013 to prove if Right or Wrong. Proven right 1/27/2013

The decision to make Primeval Titan a promo card was likely decided a long time ago when it was still legal in Commander. A Primeval Titan promo was clearly designed with Commander in mind because the card is obviously out of Standard and sees only some play in Modern right now. Primeval Titan got banned in Commander back in September, so it's actually still a recent ban. Wizards probably never expected the RC to ban the card.
    Thanks to Sparki he sent me the info Grin
    Currently Playing :

Standard - :symb::symg: Aggro
    Modern -:symr::symu: - Storm / :symb::symg::symr: - Dredgevine / :symw::symu: - Eggs / :symw::symu::symb::symr::symg: - Doman Zoo / white mana - Soul Sisters
    Legacy - :symr::symw::symg: - Zoo / :symr::symg: - Belcher

On the Standstill Promo

That seems like a ripoff. Why would anyone play that when the next spell you cast will make your opponents draw a bunch of cards? It does not even look good for mill decks.
    I am VERY happy to see Calgary, Alberta get it's first GP. With ~3 million people in the grater Calgary area, I'm sure 1200 would be easy for attendance. I'm also biased since it's my home town.
    - Too bad I live in North Carolina now XD But that means more american GPs for me!

Credits to Disappointing Signet Inc. Chemtrails, you are the greatest disappointment of all.

Decks I'm Currently Playing

Standard
    UWStandard UW ControlUW

EDH
    UWGDereviUWG --> Permanents tapped everywhere!
    I couldn't remember the last event of season two, here's from the end of June onward.

Grand Prix Miami June 29-30, 2013 Standard
    Grand Prix Kansas City July 6-7, 2013 Modern
    Grand Prix Calgary July 27-28, 2013 Standard
    Grand Prix Rimini July 27-28, 2013 Magic 2014 Limited
    World Championship in Amsterdam July 31-August 4, 2013 Mixed
    World Magic Cup in Amsterdam August 2-4, 2013 Mixed
    Grand Prix Warsaw August 10-11, 2013 Standard
    Grand Prix Kitakyushu August 24-25, 2013 Standard
    Grand Prix Oakland August 24-25, 2013 Magic 2014 Limited
    Grand Prix Prague August 31-September 1, 2013 Magic 2014 Limited
    Grand Prix Detroit September 14-15, 2013 Modern
    Grand Prix Oklahoma City October 5-6, 2013 "Friends" Limited
    Grand Prix Brisbane October 5-6, 2013 Modern
    Pro Tour "Friends" in Dublin October 11-13, 2013 Modern / Booster Draft
    Grand Prix Louisville October 19-20, 2013 Standard
    Grand Prix Hong Kong October 19-20, 2013 "Friends" Limited
    Grand Prix Antwerp October 26-27, 2013 Modern
    Grand Prix Santiago November 2-3, 2013 Standard
    Grand Prix Valencia November 9-10, 2013 "Friends" Limited
    Grand Prix Washington D.C. November 16-17, 2013 Legacy
    Grand Prix Albuquerque November 23-24, 2013 Standard
    Grand Prix Kyoto November 23-24, 2013 "Friends" Team Limited
    Grand Prix Toronto November 30-December 1, 2013 "Friends" Limited
    Grand Prix Vienna November 30-December 1, 2013 Standard
    L1 Judge

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes