2013 GP Schedule (promo: Primeval Titan), OP changes

They updated it. There's no watermark in the text box, though. I'm at work and I can't replace the image in the OP right now. Could a mod do it?
    DCI Rules Advisor

Currently playing:
    (Temporarily on hiatus from playing, but still a rules advisor.)
    Nice art. Makes him look like a Gruul convert. One of Borborygmos' mates Grin
    Sick art!
    The Revolution started yesterday.....
    That is pretty sweet art. I thought Frost Titan had my favorite art up until this gem. Going to be dropping it in my cube as soon as possible.
    I have never participated in the Grand Prix, and I doubt that I shall do so in the near future, but I am very pleased by the announcement of the promo primeval titan card, as that means that I can now, finally, have a promo version of each titan! That shall definitely be awesome! Grin
    “Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither.”-Benjamin Franklin

“When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”-Thomas Jefferson

“A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of its user.”-Theodore Roosevelt

“Patriotism means to stand by one's country; it does not mean to stand by one's president.”-Theodore Roosevelt
    here's the updated and final version of the card. now it looks like an actual finished card Smile
    ATTACHMENTS
    • feat225b_gp2013a
    Quote from matrix_lord
    here's the updated and final version of the card. now it looks like an actual finished card Smile

That card looks so very awesome and epic, and it shall definitely be excellent in my deck that has the promo versions of the other four titans.
    “Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither.”-Benjamin Franklin

“When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”-Thomas Jefferson

“A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of its user.”-Theodore Roosevelt

“Patriotism means to stand by one's country; it does not mean to stand by one's president.”-Theodore Roosevelt
    Quote from matrix_lord

That's perfect!

I wholeheartedly approve of getting rid of the obnoxious foil watermarks.
    Wait. Detroit is getting a Grand Prix?

I just moved from Michigan. Man.
    Quote from Namida
    Wait. Detroit is getting a Grand Prix?

I just moved from Michigan. Man.

I think moving OUT of Detroit fall outweighs missing a magic tourney. With that in mind, if I plan on going to that tourney, does anyone know of a good bulletproof vest that also protects against shivs, rabid dogs, and wrenches of former US automotive assembly workers? (only half joking)
    Quote from Italian Stallion
    I think moving OUT of Detroit fall outweighs missing a magic tourney. With that in mind, if I plan on going to that tourney, does anyone know of a good bulletproof vest that also protects against shivs, rabid dogs, and wrenches of former US automotive assembly workers? (only half joking)

Nah man. Detroit's gotten better. Just avoid the obviously crappy areas at night (just like any other big city anywhere).

Ain't no thang.
    Quote from Exodite
    I wholeheartedly approve of getting rid of the obnoxious foil watermarks.

I myself like watermarks on cards, as I believe that they give the card more character and uniqueness, instead of them being completely uniform in their appearance. For that reason, it would be nice if the promo version of primeval titan had a watermark, although the promo versions of the other titans (other than sun titan) do not, so I doubt that it shall, either.
    Last edited by DemonDragonJ: 12/11/2012 9:13:11 PM

Kind of bummed there isn't anything close to Wisconsin. May be a good excuse to plan a bigger trip.
    Part of Team More Fun, now with 100% less clothes!

Streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/dolzero

Burn

WG Hatebears
    Kiki Pod
    Esper Deathblade
    Quote from Drekavac
    If Jesus was a card he would be banned in Modern, just on principal.

This is spam t_c

Quote from Lantern »
    Moderns the middle child. Legacy is the eldest, and standard is the baby. And vintage is a grand pa, who's going senile.

Quote from MemoryLapse
    Not really too much to say about it. The guy is good, has a great deck and I played like the awful scrub I am.

Quote from DemonDragonJ
    I myself like watermarks on cards, as I believe that they give the card more character and uniqueness...

I don't disagree with that.

Unfortunately the foil watermarks (GP/FNM/huge-ass shooting star) also completely ruin the cards as it's the only thing you can see when you look at them.

Foil watermarks such as the Mirran/Phyrexian ones or the Ravnica guild watermarks are far less obnoxious, they just really failed with the promo ones.

I'd be more than happy for the distinction to be in the art, collector number or expansion symbol.
    I'm so excited for next years GP Toronto. I was there last weekend and it's nice to know that there'll be another one in the foreseeable future.
    Level 1 Judge
    Going to at least 2 this year (Alburquerque and Vegas) Tentatively going to Portland. At least whatever SCG Opens that will be in Vegas, Denver or Salt Lake this season as well. Got a lot planned. Hope in 2014 we see a return to Salt Lake or maybe Idaho somewhere that I can drive to from Utah.

Quote from DOLZero
    Kind of bummed there isn't anything close to Wisconsin. May be a good excuse to plan a bigger trip.

It does. Really only ones close enough to road trip are what Detroit and Indianapolis? Everything else would be quite far. Maybe Kansas City but that is pretty far away too depending on where you are in Wisconsin.
    Last edited by urzishra: 12/12/2012 4:27:21 PM
    I just want people who redraft to admit this:

"I can't draft objectively unless I am able to guarantee that I receive at least 3 rares. I am also better than most average/new players so I want to make sure that I get the best rares and they end up with worse ones. I care more about the monetary value of cards than actually playing the game for decent prizes."

Watch Play Read
    Twitter
    A lil off topic but im new to paper magic for the most part but ide likd to get a promo of prime time. Are promos like this hard to aquire or absurdly expensive?
    Quote from Malice
    A lil off topic but im new to paper magic for the most part but ide likd to get a promo of prime time. Are promos like this hard to aquire or absurdly expensive?

Like $15 on ebay. The longer you wait, the more people that have them.
    Thank you never tried to pick up a promo b4 that wasnt a fnm promo
    This Prime Time looks like it belongs in Skyrim. I want.
    My Newer Trade Thread

Quote from Æthergineer
    The Aperture Science Center would like to remind you that the internet isn't a competition, but if it was, you would be winning.

Quote from Bladefaustus
    Amen to you.... you brilliant, brilliant person.

Quote from Syphon
    If you weren't male, I'd ask you to marry me.

Quote from urzishra

It does. Really only ones close enough to road trip are what Detroit and Indianapolis? Everything else would be quite far. Maybe Kansas City but that is pretty far away too depending on where you are in Wisconsin.

I feel like in the second half of next year there will be a GP because this past year there has been chicago, minneapolis, columbus, and detroit. Seems like WI is due.

Legacy:
    combo elves
    Wb tokens
    cheeri0s
    Boy, this promo sure is sweet! I can't wait to get hold of one so i can put it in my EDH de... Wait a minute...
    MUSE are number one!

Quote from CMoriarty

Time Spiral mashed legs, a beard, and a body desperately in need of a cheeseburger on to Candelabra of Tawnos and gave us Magus if the Candelabra. This guy made people very nervous when he was printed, but it turns out that the difference between spending 1 colorless mana and 1 green mana for this effect is about $100.00. Who knew?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes