New Art - Keyrunes in Gatecrash

the simic keyrune could easily be Homoculus? was that mentioned yet?
    Quote from brasswire
    I don't think Cephalids are coming back, but just because those are the only ones we've seen so far doesn't necessarily mean there can't be Cephalids on other planes.

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/feature/225

Look at the first image under simic? If you have already seen this and still think Cephalids aren't coming back, you're too drunk to taste that chicken, Mr. Sanders.
    http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/feature/225

Look at the first image under simic? If you have already seen this and still think Cephalids aren't coming back, you're too drunk to taste that chicken, Mr. Sanders.

Cephalids have noticeably large heads though.

I.E. Cephalid Constable
    Quote from King Pun
    i find it really bad when they start discussing football or basketball

its like watching a catfish talk about mountain climbing

Quote from Nof
    In the same way you can tell someone is from the XVIII century because he is arroused by ankles, you can tell someone is from USA because he feels nipples disturbing.

Quote from Mr.Big.D
    Cephalids have noticeably large heads though.

I.E. Cephalid Constable

Side view vs frontal view is not a very good comparison. Even more so considering that the new unknown art features a hood. For all you know there could be a gigantic bulging mantle under that hood.
    Except the Simic are very well-known for splicing together multiple organisms. The more reasonable assumption is that the hooded figure is a humanoid creature (Human or Elf, probably) with tentacles grafted onto it in place of hands/arms, as opposed to the resurrection of an old and unpopular creature type. The first option fits all known information about the Simic and makes no further assumptions, while the latter assumes that the Cephalid type is being brought back into current usage, something that we have no evidence of being true.

The RTR Keyrunes animate into a Bird, Elemental, Devil, Insect, and Wolf. Octopus (or simply Mutant) fits into that lineup far better than Cephalid.

It's wishful thinking to see something with tentacles and immediately think "Cephalid" as opposed to "Octopus."
    Last edited by luminum can: 12/18/2012 8:06:15 PM
    Quote from luminum can
    Except the Simic are very well-known for splicing together multiple organisms. The more reasonable assumption is that the hooded figure is a humanoid creature (Human or Elf, probably) with tentacles grafted onto it in place of hands/arms."

They were known to splice, but the taste of them now sounds more like a biology-oriented, nature guys than the previous mad science for the sake of mad sciencing. Unless it is all a cover-up, and they keep splicing away, just hidden from sight in one of those zonots. But somehow I don't see Zegana being OK with that...
    They're still splicing. From the Planeswalker Guide:
    Krasis. Any Simic hybridized lifeform is called a krasis, the catch-all term for such creatures. The new Simic Combine is careful not to repeat the mistakes of Vig and his bioengineers, but the guild still uses magic to coax new morphologies from existing creatures, as well as to combine traits from multiple organisms in one. Some of these are unique creatures that can't reproduce. A few multiply and become part of the guild's fabric.

Also, the keyrune is likely some form of this:
    ATTACHMENTS
    • feat225_3_o5psk1804n

She wants a ride on the pony, dude.
    Mafia Stats
    Kill shot: BB
    Issue with my shooting? Please visit my helpdesk and help me learn to aim!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes