New Art - Keyrunes in Gatecrash

Quote from Faust2391
    Oh dear god. Please be this. Gonna release the kraken allllll over this place.

ESP. if Kiora shows up in the block-
    Release the Kraken!

I would guess 2/2 Hexproof or Islandwalk.

Azorius
    SimicSimic
    Orzhov
    Reprint Stasis!
    Control needs more love.
    Dimir

EDH:

:simic:Momir Vig, Simic Visionary:simic:
    :izzet:Melek, Izzet Paragon:izzet:
    :dimir:Oona, Queen of the Fae:dimir:
    :azorius:Bruna, Light of Alabaster:azorius:
    :boros:Gisela, Blade of Goldnight:boros:
    :golgari:Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord:golgari:
    :dimir:Sen Triplets:orzhov:
    :simic:The Mimeoplasm:dimir:
    WUBRGSliver OverlordGRBUW
    Quote from Jedezter
    The Izzet and selesnya don't have keywords... There is a world of possibilities for the next keyrunes

And Izzet keyrune has the ability on "deals combat damage to player". Totally see Dimir doing something like this - according to "if one of ours managed to sneak, something nasty happens" philosophy.

And Gruul can easily be just beater of enormous size. That's Gruul, after all.
    I think in the flavor 'unblockable' is supposed to be "sneaky"... like you are sneaking past their defenses. I could see some unblockable dude who maybe mills, or has the option to deal damage in milling.
    The Simic one reminds me of Shielding Plax. Similar plates, tenticals...
    (U/B) is :symbu: or :symub: and the same is true for the other 9 hybrid symbols with their two colors in for the last 2 leters of the code. ((2/B) and co are :sym2b: and (P/B) and co are :sympb:)
    Alternatively {UB}, {2B} or {PB} in taGSaRe[mana](B/U), (2/B) or (P/B)
    Q is :symq: and T is :symtap: and Q or T will give Q and T in [mana] tags
    What is Strictly Better
    Scry (firefox)
    Quote from DeusExMachina
    I know where these pics come from. They come from the mothership Smile

Go to the "Guilds of Ravnica" web site: http://www.wizards.com/magic/quiz/default.aspx?x=mtg/quiz/guild/main. Then go to any of the dedicated Guild pages. e.g.: Azorious: http://www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/productarticle.aspx?x=mtg/tcg/guilds/azorius. At the very bottom, there is a link called "fan kit" Download the Azorius Fan Kit

There you can find these "new" pics :). There are also a lot of other matherial like wallpapers. I think it worth to download the one from your guild.

Also, just in case you did not notice; in the "Advance Search" page in Gatherer (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Advanced.aspx) now you can search the cards of your guild selecting the "mark" entry (The one that before only contained Phyrexia/Mirran)

Actually the Mark selection was there before Phyrexia/Mirran since it was original Rav that had watermarks.

I am a Red Mage hired by the Orzhov Syndicate

EDH
    Jaya
    Maga

Standard
    RG Forest Fire

Casual
    Bloodthirst Vampires
    Rakdos Asylum
    WU Spirits
    MW Soldiers
    Azorius Stallment
    Quote from Melriken
    The Simic one reminds me of Shielding Plax. Similar plates, tenticals...

"Tenticals" as in "identical tentacles"?

#jk

/thread
    The creature on Shielding Plax is just a regular simic mutant sort of thing... And seeing as the izzet laboratories were destroyed, they've taken a more natural turn, and are now being lead by a merfolk.

Meaning that it's pretty unlikely that it's got anything to do with the 'Plax.

The awesome-est MTG webcomic out there. Go check it out!
    I'm really, really excited for Simic. If it's a kraken, perhaps even more evidence for Kiora Atua's arrival in card form? Either way, I'm excited to be getting a tentacled creature out of the keyrune.
    "Everything falls apart. But living things fall apart in the most fascinating ways."
    Mowagh the Gwyllion, Fang Skulkin
    Quote from Ancient_Cigaret
    Orzhov: Thrull - 2/2 Lifelink

My bet is Thrull - 1/1 Flying Lifelink, just like Mourning Thrull was.
    Quote from Unskilled Ninja
    ...My God. You're right. The plating resembles the head ornaments of cards like Cephalid Retainer. The tentacles also fit.

Cephalids returning would be the single greatest thing RTR could bring for me.:D

Considering just how disliked the Cephalids where, that is highly unlikely.
    It's about time for the reserved list to die, for the sake of Vintage and Legacy (And Commander).

- Feed the Wyrm, Evolve or Die.

- Never stand in the way of evolution, you'll just get trampled. Grin
    So...

Boros: Soldier - 1/2 Double Strike
    Dimir: Spirit - 2/1 Unblockable
    Gruul: Beast - 3/2 Trample
    Simic: Octopus - 1/4 Hexproof
    Orzhov: Thrull - 2/2 Lifelink

My two cents.

I was thinking the same exact thing...except creature types aren't exactly the same and I was thinking Simic would be a 1/3 hexproof. But 1/4 sounds relatively reasonable too, but shuts down aggro pretty hard.
    And seeing as the izzet laboratories were destroyed, they've taken a more natural turn, and are now being lead by a merfolk.

Meaning that it's pretty unlikely that it's got anything to do with the 'Plax.

Actually, if you read the description of Simic Combine at the GuildsOfRavnica.com, it is cytoplast (and the unnatural augmentation) that was abandoned. Plax is still used, it is said that the ceiling light-holes at Zameck are covered by plax.

The roof of Zameck contains many openings to the sky, covered over with an Æther-infused organic material known as plax to create opalescent skylights, which makes the chamber seem almost as though it’s underwater.

As for the keyrune, it seems most like Cephalid - but seeing that merfolk were just currently "brought" to play a role in Ravnica world, I assume that they would refrain from adding another (and Dominaria-specific so far) blue race. I vouch for Octopus, a supported type of creature.
    Mad 100% Vorthos Spike and Storyline Expert Mad

Former Fact Prospector of the Greek Alliance.
    Let this great clan rest in peace (2001-2011)

>>Banner by Spanglegluppet<<

I think the Simic artifact will have flash itself, and just be a 1/3 with hexproof.

Thank Heroes of the Plane for an awesome banner!
    Currently Playing:
    Standard
    RWBGFritesGBWR
    GBBG ZombiesBG
    Extended:
    lolno

Gleemax shall take over the world. Go Gleemax.:D

Quote from Icarael

And with multiple people playing it, a game of EDH is going to turn into the Cuban Missile Crisis.
    Quote from Colorous_Pius
    I think the Simic artifact will have flash itself, and just be a 1/3 with hexproof.

So it'll basically have flash and hexproof? That's way more than any other keyrune so far.

She wants a ride on the pony, dude.
    Mafia Stats
    Kill shot: BB
    Issue with my shooting? Please visit my helpdesk and help me learn to aim!
    Quote from TK-421
    So it'll basically have flash and hexproof? That's way more than any other keyrune so far.

I think he means the artifact will have flash, and it could morph into a 1/3 with hexproof, which seems kinda dull.

Although, flash mana rock seems appealing...

U/B mana [W]FREE STONEFORGE MYSTIC and JACE THE MINDSCULPTOR[/W] U/B mana

Quote from Mr.C
    "Spirit of the reserved list". What a load of BS. Rolleyes

Having a complete collection of Drake Tsui cards is like having a complete collection of STDs.

Please Visit my Alterations Page!

My Alters Sales Thread

Want a FREE Playset of Foil Baneslayer Angels?!?:
    Quote from krishnath
    Considering just how disliked the Cephalids where, that is highly unlikely.

I don't get why people disliked them. They had a distinct political take on Blue that hasn't been done before or since, and they look freaking cool. Plus, they have a Legacy deck too! (Okay, it's a legacy deck with only one Cephalid, but he's a doozy)

I guess people would have preferred bland, boring Merfolk. Slant Although Merfolk have been getting less bland and boring since Lorwyn, thankfully.
    Love is in the airThe wedding is over. Now it's time for the honeymoon.Love is in the air

Thanks to Rivenor of Miraculous Recovery Signatures!
    I think 2/2 vigilance would give the Boros one some nice versatility
    Quote from Grifflame

The Boros one not having Double Strike would be a crime against flavour.
    Official DCI Rules Advisor
    Level 1 Judge

[box][box][size=3][b]CARDNAME[/b][/size] [float=right][mana]MANACOST[/mana][/float][/box] [box][b]TYPE — SUBTYPE [float=right][color="RARITYCOLOUR"]{RARITY}[/color][/b][/float][/box][box]RULES TEXT [i]FLAVOUR TEXT[/i][/box][float=right][box=50][b][SIZE="3"]P/T[/SIZE][/b][/box][/float][/box]
    Quote from Polendino
    The Boros one not having Double Strike would be a crime against flavour.

It should definitely be a 1/2 with doublestrike.

Quote from alblaster
    I swear Jivan you're everywhere, where there are cries about edh. You aren't the spirit that the edh community deserves, but the spirit that the edh community needs.

Vendilion Clique-1v1(Work in Progress), Oona-Combo(retired), Oona-Control, Wrexial
    My opinion:

Boros: 1/2 Soldier w/ Double Strike
    Simic: 0/4 Plant or Saproling Creature w/ Defender
    Orzhov: 3/2 Thrull w/ Lifelink
    Gruul: 4/2 Rhino w/ Trample
    Dimir: 2/1 Spirit w/ Hexproof or unblockable

Seems like everyone is hoping for simic to be some kind of sea creature. But I have to say, where y'all so tentacles, I see vines and the 'head' looks a bit like a plant head. Think Little shop of horrors

Whilst the multitudes go about their business, we listen; we skulk; we watch and see all. Do you yourself possess the necessary skills and aptitude to join our hidden ranks?

My Xbox Live gamertag is A3t0s - Hit me up for Bops or Bops 2 anytime Grin
    Quote from Aetos
    Seems like everyone is hoping for simic to be some kind of sea creature. But I have to say, where y'all so tentacles, I see vines and the 'head' looks a bit like a plant head. Think Little shop of horrors

The 'pips' on the appendages right below the head look a bit too much like suction cups, as seen on an Octopus.
    You could argue for Seed Pods, but I would disagree.
    Hexproof or Shroud? Well, plax still exists and it was mentioned by the guys from The Pit. That must be something. I just don't know if Wizards will keep going pushing Hexproof forward, you know, because of Geist of Saint Traft. That little guy is a monster.

Quote from GoldfishBowl
    The 'pips' on the appendages right below the head look a bit too much like suction cups, as seen on an Octopus.
    You could argue for Seed Pods, but I would disagree.

I don't honestly know, but, in Ravnica, they had the Snake Elves. Seems like Wizards forced a change in their philosophy, but I do not discard the chance of seeing weird mutant races.

(Give your LGS judge a hug. He deserves it.)

Nothing. All I want is Heroes vs. Monsters spoilers.
    Quote from Grifflame

Vigilance isn't red.
    Quote from Aetos
    My opinion:

Boros: 1/2 Soldier w/ Double Strike
    Simic: 0/4 Plant or Saproling Creature w/ Defender
    Orzhov: 3/2 Thrull w/ Lifelink
    Gruul: 4/2 Rhino w/ Trample
    Dimir: 2/1 Spirit w/ Hexproof or unblockable

Those p/t's seem kinda busted to me. I agree with Boros and Dimir (unblockable for Dimir). But Gruul seems too good. Trample fits but it's probably a 3/2. Orzhov is likely a 2/2 at best but lifelink does fit. Simic probably gets Hexproof and is a 2/1 to balance that.
    It's a mean green mother from...under the sea?
    The Powered Cube: 720 Cards
    EDH:
    URG Intet, the Dreamer Now 100/100 Foil!
    WB Athreos, God of Passage
    WUBRG Cromat's Chaos
    Retired: Too damn many to count
    Legacy:
    W :sympu: B 2/R G Nic Fit/Explorer Pod
    Retired: Dredge, Spanish Inquisition, The Gate, Affinity, Goblins
    Modern:
    WB Tokens
    Retired: Dragonstorm, Tron, Cruel Control, Boggle.dec, Robots
    Casual/ "Standard":
    URG Madness / Squirrel Opposition

I really am a sucker for all these cycles
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes