New Art - Keyrunes in Gatecrash

So that is Shocks, Charms, Guildmages, Guildleaders, Guildgates, and Keyrunes for the cycles that we are fairly sure will carry over?

Cycles in question: X spells (maybe not even a cycle), Hybrids, uncounterables, mono-color fatties?
    Orzhov keyrune looks like a vampire or a bat to me, complete with fangs and wings further down.
    would be so cool if the simic one could become a copy of target creature until end of turn. That seems very xeno like, and super experimental to me.
    Soldier - Vigilance
    Bat - Flying
    Rhino - Trample
    Cephalid - Defender
    Thrull - Lifelink

^ is where I'm leaning. Not sure about defender but uh, that's in blue and green right? =O
    Quote from Gravegil
    Soldier - Vigilance
    Bat - Flying
    Rhino - Trample
    Cephalid - Defender
    Thrull - Lifelink

^ is where I'm leaning. Not sure about defender but uh, that's in blue and green right? =O

Hexproof maybe? That sounds fairly Green and Blue to me.
    Quote from Mockingbird
    While Blue is a color that should receive a lot of spite, the color that I hate the most is Dredge.

MtGS; the only forum I know of where defending yourself with facts leads to being called a whiner by those who know nothing of Magic/logic. The site is good for spoilers and nothing more, mostly due to lack of a competent player base, and abundance of idiots who enjoy starting arguments.
    Quote from ghostfire
    Orzhov keyrune looks like a vampire or a bat to me, complete with fangs and wings further down.

I wanna say it's a Gargoyle; there were a few back in the original Ravnica block.
    The Simic Keyrune has Mom's head. This image won't leave my mind.
    Contemplations: Panglacial Wurm , Using Morph , White Weenie
    Since no one has said it, the Azorius dude is Isperia Skywatch from daygl0s post.

Rules Advisor as of 4/23/10

MTGO Username: Sonicqaz

Regarding Stoneforge Mystic

Quote from oranges2 »
    This guy, would either eat up several turns worth of mana to get a slow permanent that relies on your already have some board presence (after wasting said mana), or dies without generating any advantage.
    Quote from sonicqaz
    Since no one has said it, the Azorius dude is Isperia Skywatch from daygl0s post.

And here I thought it was from GTC. So many knight on giant flying things in Azorius.
    Boros - Giant
    Dimir - Spirit
    Gruul - Rhino
    Simic - ???
    Orzhov - Gargoyle
    Standard -
    :symr::symwr::symw: Boros Control :symr::symwr::symw:

:symub::symb::symb: Devotion to Black (Blue Splash) :symub::symb::symb:
    Boros- Knight
    Dimir- Spider. The head is close to the middle of the keyrune, the tail is at the top. six legs? Kinda sketchy, but that's what's displayed.
    Gruul - Rhino
    Simic - I'd like to say Cephalid, but it's likely some sort of mollusk
    Orzhov - Gargoyle or Bat
    Currently Playing:
    EDH:
    UBGMimeoplasm (Reanimator Control)
    WGBURProgenitus (Dream Halls//Good Stuff)
    RNorin, the Wary (Metaddited Gaka List)

Thanks to Heroes of the Plane Studios!
    I'm not going to lie, I am quite shocked people think that the Orzhov thing is going to be a gargoyle.

I mean, it's not impossible....but thrull? It looks like an Orzhov thrull, and they were referenced incredibly heavily throughout the Orzhov storyline/flavor/cards...if it isn't a thrull, I will be extremely surprised.
    Quote from Mockingbird
    While Blue is a color that should receive a lot of spite, the color that I hate the most is Dredge.

MtGS; the only forum I know of where defending yourself with facts leads to being called a whiner by those who know nothing of Magic/logic. The site is good for spoilers and nothing more, mostly due to lack of a competent player base, and abundance of idiots who enjoy starting arguments.
    Quote from Unskilled Ninja
    Creature type predictions, based on the heads of the keyrunes.

Boros: Soldier
    Dimir: Possibly Rogue or Spirit; Dimir spirits have face coverings.
    Gruul: Beast
    Simic: No idea. Looks like a Nim, but obviously isn't.
    Orzhov: Thrull

Mmmmmmmm nah, I'm thinking
    barbarian or warrior or something similar for Gruul,
    Merfolk for simic (they're new on Rav now in some hidden ocean or something),
    And gargoyle or construct for orzhov.

Dimir is prolly spirit and boros is prolly soldier.

Who knows though! I like speculation, its fun lol

Edit: am I the only one who read about the merfolk on the mothership? Anyone? Bueller?
    Last edited by Modest Ohmu: 9/17/2012 11:03:57 PM
    The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed.
    Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light.

I invision a future where one is not mighty when he can silence a crowd with brutality,
    but when he leaves them speechless with wisdom.

Someone said the Dimir one looks like a dagger... Flying Scimitar-like creature?
    Quote from Lord Void
    I'm not going to lie, I am quite shocked people think that the Orzhov thing is going to be a gargoyle.

I mean, it's not impossible....but thrull? It looks like an Orzhov thrull, and they were referenced incredibly heavily throughout the Orzhov storyline/flavor/cards...if it isn't a thrull, I will be extremely surprised.

It's a thrull. Orzhov gargoyles don't have masks.
    Love is in the airThe wedding is over. Now it's time for the honeymoon.Love is in the air

Thanks to Rivenor of Miraculous Recovery Signatures!
    This art is pretty awesome, still can't wait for Gatecrash or Sinker.

Credits

Check out Ace5301's awesome work!

Ace of Spades Studio:
    http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=451747
    Quote from Unskilled Ninja
    Creature type predictions, based on the heads of the keyrunes.

Boros: Soldier
    Dimir: Possibly Rogue or Spirit; Dimir spirits have face coverings.
    Gruul: Beast
    Simic: No idea. Looks like a Nim, but obviously isn't.
    Orzhov: Thrull

I'm going to say Simic is Ooze or Mutant. Dimir might be Horror. Gruul looks weird (not the creature type). Warrior? Lizard?

On Modern Masters 2:
    Quote from Serafiend
    just remember wotc, be sure to keep that print run in check. we don't wanna upset players of mtg: the stock market, after all.

My Ban Senses are tingling about Bloodbraid Elf in Modern. Just Saying. You heard it here first. 10/18/2012.
    ^ Will be kept until 12/31/2013 to prove if Right or Wrong. Proven right 1/27/2013

I gotta say these arts are all very evocative. I love cycles with similar positioning in the art.
    Baneslayer Angel- Pro Demons and Dragons

Malfegor- Demon Dragon: only creature in the history of magic that is both of Baneslayer's protections. Can kill Baneslayer.

Win
    The Simic looks like a Kraken...
    Last edited by Jedezter: 9/24/2012 4:55:54 AM
    Gruul looks like a Rhox/Rhino Warrior. Orzhov is almost 100% a thrull with lifelink.
    Quote from Jedezter
    The Simic looks like a Kraken...

Oh dear god. Please be this. Gonna release the kraken allllll over this place.
    I don't like the new MtgSalvation look.
    But I like Vorthos things.
    And Timmy cards.
    And making hyper-competitive people have to validate their distorted views to me.
    So...

Boros: Soldier - 1/2 Double Strike
    Dimir: Spirit - 2/1 Unblockable
    Gruul: Beast - 3/2 Trample
    Simic: Octopus - 1/4 Hexproof
    Orzhov: Thrull - 2/2 Lifelink

My two cents.
    Last edited by Ancient_Cigaret: 9/24/2012 10:54:41 AM

The awesome-est MTG webcomic out there. Go check it out!
    Quote from Ancient_Cigaret
    So...

Boros: Soldier - 1/2 Double Strike
    Dimir: Spirit - 2/1 Unblockable
    Gruul: Beast - 3/2 Trample
    Simic: Octopus - 1/4 Hexproof
    Orzhov: Thrull - 2/2 Lifelink

My two cents.

Sounds reasonable, I like unblockable for Dimir, not sure about Spirit though. I think Horror or Shade or something along those lines is more likely.

And while hexproof is certainly u/g, a 1/4 animating hexproof guy doesn't make a whole lot of sense mechanically. Not sure what other keywords fit but... hm.
    Quote from Gravegil
    Sounds reasonable, I like unblockable for Dimir, not sure about Spirit though. I think Horror or Shade or something along those lines is more likely.

And while hexproof is certainly u/g, a 1/4 animating hexproof guy doesn't make a whole lot of sense mechanically. Not sure what other keywords fit but... hm.

The Izzet and selesnya don't have keywords... There is a world of possibilities for the next keyrunes
    Last edited by Jedezter: 9/24/2012 6:48:51 PM
    ^ Good point, maybe the artifact will have flash Wink
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes