UltraPro Product LineUp

Quote from Loath
    I'm still just so disappointed that all the cool Guild sleeves are horizontal.

Is anyone else peeved about this, by the way?

It was obvious that it'd be the case for Gatecrash as well after RTR paved the way, but this just really sucks. The sleeves maybe look nice in terms of the proportions, but I always have my deck on the table "vertically oriented" and I hold them in my hand that way too, so most of the time the art will just be idiotically tilted 90 degrees.

I really really hope the third set will have some more guild sleeves and this time the kind that I could actually buy.

I place my library horizontally. After all, when you reach for it, your hand is grasping in a horizontal position. However, I dislike art sleeves like that.

It would have been nice to see some minimalist guild logo sleeves. Oh well.
    Treasure maps, fallen trees, operator please
    Patch me back to my mind
    Quote from Dlucks
    And the last time you saw someone hold their hand horizontally was?

implying I can see the backs of the cards in my hand.

and who doesn't orient their deck sideways these days? It's so much more natural to draw from.
    Ultra Pro has some of the worst quality sleeves I have ever had the misfortune of buying...I only used the m12 ones and the mirrodin ones no more than 10 times and they came apart. Pure garbage.
    Quote from Benny84

and who doesn't orient their deck sideways these days? It's so much more natural to draw from.

I gotta admit these are good points. I really want a watery grave mat. It seems like a cool "arena" for my creatures to fight in. Godless shrine is solid as well.
    Last edited by Lully: 11/29/2012 10:32:22 PM
    Baneslayer Angel- Pro Demons and Dragons

Malfegor- Demon Dragon: only creature in the history of magic that is both of Baneslayer's protections. Can kill Baneslayer.

Win
    I'm sorry but is nobody noticing how gorgeous that Boros playmat is? Glorious!!
    Decks:
    Modern:
    (P/R)(P/G) Infect (P/G)(P/R)
    UWU Fish UWU
    WB Disruption BW

Standard:
    WBR Junk Aristocrats WBR
    WWW Humans WWW

Commander:
    BBB Marrowgnawer and Friends BBB
    GGG Thrun Tron GGG
    WBR Kaalia of the Vast RBW

Why is desperate ravings a good card?
    Quote from Zachalmighty
    Ultra Pro has some of the worst quality sleeves I have ever had the misfortune of buying...I only used the m12 ones and the mirrodin ones no more than 10 times and they came apart. Pure garbage.

yuuuuuuuuup.

i love that some great art is being put on the sleeves these days, but ultra pro sleeves of this sort split so god damned easily. its ridiculous.
    Quote from Boros_Archangel
    Very disappointed in the boxes and sleeves.

Same. Their choice to use the guildmages is underwhelming.
    Would have liked to see something similar to the "Mana 3.0" series they released a year ago. Simple mana symbols are far more elegant, and less obnoxious than the mage/guild symbol design.
    Do they generalize the pages of the binder, or is it likely we can see some blurry spoils?
    Quote from TemplarOrigin
    Do they generalize the pages of the binder, or is it likely we can see some blurry spoils?

Oddly enough, the cards are all from Lorwyn.
    Quote from CrawWurm
    Same. Their choice to use the guildmages is underwhelming.
    Would have liked to see something similar to the "Mana 3.0" series they released a year ago. Simple mana symbols are far more elegant, and less obnoxious than the mage/guild symbol design.

I was tempted to buy those when they launched because they were so simplistic and elegant. Then I remember how awful UltraPros are. That said, if guild logo sleeves were released, I would probably have to break down and get some.
    I'm an unabashed Spike who plays Modern exclusively. I can often be found complaining about how much of every set is dedicated to Limited.
    Quote from Benny84

Bring up whatever trivial idea you have, but there is a reason that 99% of cards sleeves are printed the way they are.

It would be interesting to print "upside down" sleeves after seeing some players almost obsessive compulsive like tendencies of keeping their board in order.

Standard
    W.I.P.
    EDH
    WNorn Tokens
    Quote from Zachalmighty

I use nothing but Ultra Pro sleeves, and I have to say I've had a very diffierent experience.

That said, when I've reached out to Ultra Pro on defective sleeves and taken the time to actually send them examples, both times I've been sent far more as a replacement. They seem to take QA seriously (thus the request for samples), and that puts them pretty high in my book for customer satisfaction.

Obviously, mileage may vary, but it might be possible you just hit a factory defect. I'd always recommend getting in touch with them.
    God, I love that Godless Shrine and Breeding Pool art, especially on those playmats!

Sleeves and boxes suck, obviously... They REALLY should have some something like,

Dual Land : Playmat
    Guild Emblem : Sleeves (and use the Limited Edition type of sleeves, not the cheapo ones!)
    Guild Leader : Deck Box
    and as a Bonus
    Guildmage on te Divider in the deckbox.

Would have been wayy more awesome, but i'm happy with the shock-mats.

U/B mana [W]FREE STONEFORGE MYSTIC and JACE THE MINDSCULPTOR[/W] U/B mana

Quote from Mr.C
    "Spirit of the reserved list". What a load of BS. Rolleyes

Having a complete collection of Drake Tsui cards is like having a complete collection of STDs.

Please Visit my Alterations Page!

My Alters Sales Thread

Want a FREE Playset of Foil Baneslayer Angels?!?:
    I really dislike the sleeves, I would love sleeves with the guilds symbols.
    The material looks good. Grounds to a playmat replacement and a new deckbox. But I'm still sad that they didn't announce that they changed their sleeves with design, because they are by far the worst TCG sleeves that ever existed or something.

(Give your LGS judge a hug. He deserves it.)

Nothing. All I want is Heroes vs. Monsters spoilers.
    KMC sleeves are much better in my opinion.
    Quote from kirin
    KMC sleeves are much better in my opinion.

I had poor experiences with the UltraPros. The rest of their lineup is just great. The boxes for Ravnica looked really really nice, and those ones are just awesome. The playmats are just prints of great arts, but I still love their material. But, they know that players do not fully appreciate their sleeves, and still make them with the same method. And there are good sleeves with designs on the back, what proves that this isn't impossible to be produced by them aswell.

(Give your LGS judge a hug. He deserves it.)

Nothing. All I want is Heroes vs. Monsters spoilers.
    Quote from Benny84

I don't. I grab the bottom edge of the card when drawing from my deck. And I'm not the only person I know who does that. Not everyone draws cards the same way.

Quote from CrawWurm
    Oddly enough, the cards are all from Lorwyn.

Is it sad that I can name all of those cards, based solely on their tiny, blurry art?

And I didn't even play during Lorwyn.
    Sleeves with pictures tend to come apart. Don't buy them.
    Legacy Decks:

Elves
    Loam Depths
    Goblin Stompy
    Kobold Aggro
    GB Nic Fit
    Pod Nic Fit
    12 Post
    Pattern Combo
    Squirrel Stompy
    Modern Decks:

Amulet of Vigor Combo
    Restore Balance
    Cascade Swans
    Mono U Tron
    Through the Breach
    Elves
    Mono Red Control
    Tooth and Nail Tron
    Leviathans
    EDH Decks:

Krenko Combo
    Jaya LD
    Zirilan Dragons
    Omnath
    That Godless Shrine Art is amazing!
    I could see myself buying the Boros playmat; I like the symmetry of the illustration, plus it makes a good contrast to my Queen Liliana playmat.
    Breeding Pool mat looks pretty freaking sweet!
    I am NOT from Canada!
    That's too predictable.
    Quote from izzetmage
    If the store owner says that I can't trade in the premises, I'll just go outside. If he says that I can't trade within 10m of his premises, I'll go to 11 meters. If he says that he doesn't want to see me trading, I will put a basket over his head and continue trading.

Quote from Stinky-Dinkins

Yes, he's a local legend. He's only known to take his clothes off before he goes into the Ladies' Lockerroom. Nobody knows what he does in there because he's invisible, but it's almost certainly tons of masturbating.
    personally think Breeding Pool is the best looking of the new art and mats, but after seeing the black angel..that would have been cool.
    Quote from Commander Pox
    personally think Breeding Pool is the best looking of the new art and mats, but after seeing the black angel..that would have been cool.

Yeah, I like the new Watery Grave art too. But Breeding Pool is just mind blowing.
    I am NOT from Canada!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes