Commanders Arsenal

Quote from Lbolt187
    Its true go to magic's website click multiverse then planeswalkers and check the list. No Tibalt.:p

Tibalt may be missing, but so is Tamio, and there is no new entry for the Innistrad version of Sorin like they did with Ajani Vengent.
    So I would say your point is mute and the more likely thing going on here is that it hasn't been updated yet with the Innistrad block walkers.

There's no proof she's being chased
    by ninja squirrels either
    . - Dr. Wilson
    Here's hoping for foil versions of the Commanders printed in the first Commander decks. I want foil Nin. So bad.
    URIzzet for life!!UR

Decks:
    Standard:
    GWMidrangeGW
    URBurning VengeanceUR

EDH:
    URNin, the Pain ArtistUR

BROlivia VoldarenBR

WIsamaru, Hound of KondaW

RGWRith, the AwakenerRGW

WUBRGCromatWUBRG
    Quote from PorcelainGod
    Tibalt may be missing, but so is Tamio, and there is no new entry for the Innistrad version of Sorin like they did with Ajani Vengent.
    So I would say your point is mute and the more likely thing going on here is that it hasn't been updated yet with the Innistrad block walkers.

Your point on Tamiyo is valid, however ajani vengeant is still ajani goldmane, jace, the mind sculptor is still Jace Beleren; they just list the planeswalkers full name not each card he\she's been on. Also I think it's time for those eggheads to update that M13 came out yesterday and they have not strung up those names yet?

I suppose they could just be tidying up Tamiyo and Tibalt's backstory.
    Quote from Longshanks126
    Here's hoping for foil versions of the Commanders printed in the first Commander decks. I want foil Nin. So bad.

Oh yeah, that would be awesome. I really want a foil Kaalia and Animar as well.

Trades
    Buy/Sale List

I COLLECT FOIL DRAGONS. CHECK MY TRADE LIST. Grin

(Signature courtesy of Argetlam of Hakai Studios
    Quote from Lbolt187
    Its true go to magic's website click multiverse then planeswalkers and check the list. No Tibalt.:p

Neithe is Tamiyo. They're just too lazy to update.
    Quote from JohnLocke
    Because, clearly, knowing the rules completely inhibits ones ability to drink beer, play with more than one other person, and sit at tables.
    Meh. Only good in EDH and casual decks. Tongue

By releasing a product that could literally be called 'EDH fodder' I think they are slightly poking fun at the community. Depending on Cards may pick it up for custom Planechase. Probably same price point as the premium
    Deck series.
    Quote from NLi10

By releasing a product that could literally be called 'EDH fodder' I think they are slightly poking fun at the community. Depending on Cards may pick it up for custom Planechase. Probably same price point as the premium
    Deck series.

Eh. I'd rather have a Commander product take the PDS slot than have to wait in a three year rotation of PC -> Arch (or whatever will inevitably replace it) -> Com, for both PC and Commander stuff.

Besides, PDS decks were pretty much bought to be torn apart for stuff anyways, so it's not like a product that's almost explicitly designed to be torn apart for deckbuilding material is a huge jump as a replacement. You could've pretty much titled the PDSes as Foil New Border: Crystalline Sliver, FNB: Chain Lightning, and FNB: Entomb. I'd much rather have the pretense dropped and end up with a product that's essentially a bunch of niche but useful commons and uncommons from old sets stapled to some new generals rather than having a bunch of foil bookmarks stapled to a couple decent cards.*

*This assumes that Commander's Arsenal will not include helpful copies of Quagmire, Scaled Wurm, Scornful Egotist, Brassclaw Orcs, and Camel. No wait, foil re-artted new border Camel would be awesome.
    Quote from NLi10

Deck series.

I don't see how. EDH is now the most popular non-sanctioned format and around the English speaking community here it is more popular than the sanctioned formats. (Amoung the Japanese-speaking communities it's much lower.)

It is also the focus of a large (and growing) community of writers and podcasters.
    Just of joys... the deckbuilding in EDH is becoming duller and duller with each release...

Quote from Karric
    I hope this isn't all foiled, I don't like foils, it skews the colors. I'm one of those guys that wants all his cards to look atomically consistent.

I'm with ya brother. My cube is noticeably bland as well.

EDIT: I DO however like the reprint products for it. Here's hoping for Demonic Tutor reprints.
    Last edited by bone_doc: 7/14/2012 2:36:57 AM
    EDH - R Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer

How to have a good metagame: 1) Make use of what's in the format 2) Play good strategies 3) Don't complain 4) Adapt
    Quote from bone_doc
    Just of joys... the deckbuilding in EDH is becoming duller and duller with each release...

But also cheeper and more accessible. Which is kinda the point i think. I mean, i cant speak for everyone, but the edh club feels like an out of reach, elitist socity that i can not join because i can not afford/aquire the staples. Legacy and vintage (and to a certain extent, modern) i understand as they are tournaments, but for a casual format i feel left out.

By providing a set of cards that i can build around, wizards is alowing me to get a foot in the door, so to speak.
    I am all for anything that makes people proxy less.
    Casual- MWC, Allies, Mono Green Aggro, Zombies, Vampires, Rareless MBC, Rareless UW Control, Tinker.dec
    Legacy-Dredge, Burn
    EDH-
    Sir Shandlar- GW stuff
    Thraximundar- My deck for winning.
    Child of Alara- Pauper deck that grinds them out with 2 for 1s and card advantage.d0su's primer
    A roll down D40 dice would have been awesome. But I guess sleeves are nice too.
    Super curious how many cards this is and what it will contain.
    Foil Signets/Bounce Lands would be a nice, cheap inclusion
    (and they already reprinted most of them non-foil last Commander)

I'm also now hesitant to buy any expensive card for EDH until the full reveal
    (looking at you, Scroll Rack and Demonic Tutor...)

Azorius
    SimicSimic
    Orzhov
    Reprint Stasis!
    Control needs more love.
    Dimir

EDH:

:simic:Momir Vig, Simic Visionary:simic:
    :izzet:Melek, Izzet Paragon:izzet:
    :dimir:Oona, Queen of the Fae:dimir:
    :azorius:Bruna, Light of Alabaster:azorius:
    :boros:Gisela, Blade of Goldnight:boros:
    :golgari:Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord:golgari:
    :dimir:Sen Triplets:orzhov:
    :simic:The Mimeoplasm:dimir:
    WUBRGSliver OverlordGRBUW
    Yeah, could def see the AvD Demonic Tutor reprinted in this set.
    Quote from Sorin
    Yeah, could def see the AvD Demonic Tutor reprinted in this set.

Please, please, PLEASE. I really want this card for my Kaalia deck. ><;

I'm also hoping for another print of Sol Ring and Command Tower. Lord knows I can't get enough of those.

I'm not expecting too much in terms of value, but I'd like to see things like:

Woodfall primus
    Coalition Relic
    Orim's Justice
    Dismantling Blow
    Rhystic Study
    Mind's Eye

Maybe some Filter lands or something (definitely not expecting those, but I'd even settle for the Mirage fetchlands like Bad River).

Trades
    Buy/Sale List

I COLLECT FOIL DRAGONS. CHECK MY TRADE LIST. Grin

(Signature courtesy of Argetlam of Hakai Studios
    Quote from Unfoldingdrama
    I don't see how. EDH is now the most popular non-sanctioned format and around the English speaking community here it is more popular than the sanctioned formats. (Amoung the Japanese-speaking communities it's much lower.)

It is also the focus of a large (and growing) community of writers and podcasters.

I play in China now (obviously) and EDH wasn't really a thing before my friend and I introduced it to the local store from what I gather. They've taken to it despite not having access to a large number of the staples. This product will be great for shops like that and will help even the playing field (hopefully) for everyone.

I was in Korea before coming here and that's when I got into Magic and EDH, it was everywhere in Korea. They loved it. I lived in Seoul and one of the main shops used to run EDH FFA tournaments every Sunday with around 10-15 people showing up to play in different pods. Those were good times.

Credit to Hakai Studios and Argetlam
    W/B mana The Meek of Orzhova (under construction)

EDH your cares away, Standard's for another day.
    MTGO: TheWagonBaron
    Karric
    Perhaps this is where the Medallion cycle will show up. It seems strange they would commission 5 really nice artworks, then never use them outside of DoP.

Don't do that to me.I dont even play Commander,oddly enough i did buy all the commander decks, and id have to buy that cause id love to have those medallions.One of the reasons i love playing the PW deck in DotP2013 is cause there awesome cards and the art from them...:drool:
    WOut of the ground,I rise to grace.W
    I've been thinking about starting to play edh for quite a bit, this seems to be giving me the final push...
    Last edited by doc.brown: 7/14/2012 9:13:23 AM
    Huey, Dewey and Louie are always dressed in RUG. it is CLEARLY going to be the wedges block

Standard BR Cows
    Modern WR Control U Ninja G Elves
    Commander WR Gisela WGR Marath GRB Prossh
    Highlander W Kithkins
    Quote from Thunderchild
    Here's hoping for some P3K goodness like Imperial Seal and Xiahou Dun. Those cards desperately need a sharp kick in the price tag.

You can get Judge Xiahou for around $25....

Okay, I'm waiting for the new bordered Tempting Wurm!
    Quote from doc.brown
    I've been honking about starting to play edh for quite a bit, this seems to be giving me the final push...

You really should start playing its the best format.:cool2:
    Quote from Thunderchild
    It was more that they hit a point where they were putting too much value into a non-randomized pack and not getting enough out of it to be worth it. Note that WotC's money comes from boosters, so anything that undermines the integrity of their randomized product by containing a lot of value for the MSRP in a precon has to be a huge success (like, say, the Commander precons or a FTV set) to be worth it for them. The PDS series was profitable, but the company wasn't comfortable with what they had to put in them for their price point to move the product.

At least, that's what they said a couple months back when one of the company folk said as much on Twitter.

Source of this info?
    Because I really don't see how reprints of very old top cards (like Entomb) could undermine the sales of their recent booster set releases.
    Also if they really cared that much about maintaining the value of recent set booster packs they wouldn't do Event Decks.
    Quote from bfellow
    You can get Judge Xiahou for around $25....

Okay, I'm waiting for the new bordered Tempting Wurm!

Wow, that's awful.
    Is this going to have set cards in it, or are they going to be randomized?
    Quote from empathogen
    Any word if it's all foil?
    That would make my so annoyed. I already have more bowed cards than I know what to do with.

Quote from ShadowFenril
    I'm also hoping for another print of Sol Ring and Command Tower. Lord knows I can't get enough of those.
    I would not expect Sol Ring so soon, but a reprint of Command Tower would be a good guess, and perhaps even Homeward Path.

I like the idea of this, but I worry that it is flooding Commander with too much stuff- especially given that many of the non-competitive new cards have some use in EDH decks. I really don't give a fracking fart about oversized cards- actually I care less than that as they just end up in the garbage.

The funny thing for me is that I considered PDC: Graveborn an EDH product
    since it provided so much old tech that I did not have to buy as singles.
    GaJo
    tumblr: thewormturns
    MTGO: Dr Worm
    EDH: Earl, Ghaiji Aggro, Snow Patrol, Shirei, Eeshatron, Momir Big, What's Yours is Mine, Punisher
    Modern: Red Snow Devotion, X-Force, Black Devotion Control
    Currently Testing: Fever Dream

؟ is the "Irony Mark", but since no one seems to be able to use the term "irony" correctly, I hereby dub it the "Sarcasm Mark."
    I can think of a bunch of stuff that needs reprinting that is good for EDH, especially stuff like Bribery. Doesn't see much play elsewhere but refuses to come down in price.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes