December FNM Promo - Gitaxian Probe

The arguement "this promo sucks, it's already rotated" is a little bit silly. Not only is Git Probe a very, very good card that is playable in vintage, legacy, and now modern, but it's highly unlikely they will ever bring back Phyrexian mana in a real set.
    Legacy Reanimator
    - - -
    Modern Living End
    - - -
    Member of Team X9 Member of Team Worlds Apart
    to all these ppl "why they did not do this earlier": they're PUSHING modern. That's too clear.
    damn, that's really a ugly card.
    Quote from Jivanmukta
    Wouldn't Bizarro Jace give your opponents card advantage?

Quote from jamis
    Last time I went to an SCG Open, I told my parents I was going to the strip club because it was easier.
    One might say that this will PROBEably be the next FNM promo.
    Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets. (Matthew 7:12)

Make the white queen run so fast, she hasn't got time to make you wise.

Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace, like thoughts inside a dream.

Doctor, my eyes, tell me what you see. I hear their cries... just say if it's too late for me.
    Doctor, my eyes...cannot see the sky. Is this the prize for having learned how not to cry?
    Quote from flaming infinity
    It could be because standard isn't the only format. Wink It's not even the only format for FNM. Something like Gitaxian Probe is useable in lots of decks. I've never seen something like Squadron Hawk in any deck outside of standard or as a 23rd in sealed. (including casual formats)

Squadron hawk sees some play in Modern mono-white decks. word on the street says it's rediculous with martyr of sands
    Awesome card, just wish it was standard legal. But maybe they are setting up a promo run for the new Modern FNMs. Which Im totally behind also.
    I still don't get why they bother making non-Standard FNM promos, but this is a fine one to print if they're going to print promos for Modern.
    A Think Twice in hand is worth two in the grave.

You can find me on MTGO. My username is gereffi.
    Pretty nice promo card. Shame they couldn't have released it when it was still in Standard but it sees play in larger formats so no big deal.
    Quote from gereffi
    I still don't get why they bother making non-Standard FNM promos, but this is a fine one to print if they're going to print promos for Modern.

Because standards not the only format. (Not even the best format IMO)
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not." - John Lennon
    Well it is a card worth turning up for and at least it give Alternate art in the deck (which is something I like to have).
    My Legacy Decks
    If you are in the UK join us -UK Legacy Magic Community http://www.magicplayers.co.uk
    MUST HAVE!!! OMG MUST HAVE!!! This is PERFECT...setting up for the Modern FNMs in January with a card that is a staple in a common "budget" modern deck, which I happen to be playing for said FNM XD

Thanks to Rivenor for the signature and XenoNinja for the Avi!

Quotes:

Quote from Konstant1n
    I was wondering why Council of the Absolute had the 'non-creature' clause then I remembered... This is modern magic.

Quote from SteB
    I saw Elvis riding a unicorn with his buddy Michael Jackson on the night sky yesterday. You can say it didnt happen all you want. It did.

Quote from Mastodon
    When I throw a deck together, all I do is stick 3 surgical extractions and 3 pithing needles in the sideboard. Then I think to myself "that'll do"

I like the new art, but definitely prefer the old art.

I want an alt art Jin-Gitaxias :[
    DCI Rules Advisor
    "Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"

"Knowledge is such a burden. Release it. Release all your fears to me."
    Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver

EDH
    blue manaGrimgrin, Corpse-Born (Competitive, UB Combo/Reanimator)black mana(RETIRED)
    DimirLazav, Dimir Mastermind (Competitive, UB Voltron/Control)Dimir
    GSaffi Eriksdotter (Casual, GW ETB/Combo)W

Legacy
    WUManalessBDredgeRG

Mountains tap for red. Islands tap for blue. Comboing out is sweet, especially against you.
    I'm okay with this. Fun card.
    Quote from "Feared and Fearless" »
    Stephen Hawking can say the sky is made of Jello, but that doesn't make it true.

EDH Logic:
    Casual EDH decks are decks that are worse than mine. Competitive EDH decks are decks that are better than mine.
    I LOOOOVE this art. Very dark. I am so getting a set.

Done by Rivenor!!! Thanks

Makes it easier to foil out my Modern Delver deck and now I won't have to buy it in the future.
    Quote from gereffi
    As was mentioned, Standard is not the only format in Magic. Furthermore, this is the reason they're printing this promo now.

I can here everyone's collective "Ahhhhhh..."
    I am thoroughly okay with this being a promo. An Alt-Art foil for Gitaxian Probe is never an issue in my book, and it is tournament legal as well. I am all for it!
    I dont get it. The artwork looks more like an equipment rather than a sorcery.
    'Standard is not the only format'

And? Might aswell print standard legal cards, as all those other formats can use them to... plus standard! zomg!
    Quote from Mox Ryan
    RG planeswalkers took our jerbs Mad

Quote from Ratinyourwalls
    All of these are bad and won't see play outside of limited.
    Quote from Lord Malorne
    'Standard is not the only format'

And? Might aswell print standard legal cards, as all those other formats can use them to... plus standard! zomg!

Well, except for Block. Smile
    The card is amazing. This art is worse than the original art though. And FNM promos are usually trumped by the set foil, the only exception I can think of is forbidden alchemy. Swords to plowshares didn't have a set foil though unfortunately. Although the FNM brainstorm is the stains of life IMO, I refuse to buy a copy of that card when masques foils are so much hotter (I know because I used to own 4 masques foils until I sold them.)
    "Yawgmoth," Freyalise whispered as she set the bomb, "now you will pay for your treachery."

-Freyalise

Currently Playing:
    Legacy:
    UBWRGAll manner of storm comboGRWBU
    Dark Ritual on The Source and Storm Boards
    Notable finishes:
    Top 16 SCG Kansas City Legacy Open 2012 with Burning ANT
    Top 32 SCG Minneapolis Legacy Open 2012 with Burning ANT
    Quote from AnotherMirran
    I am thoroughly okay with this being a promo. An Alt-Art foil for Gitaxian Probe is never an issue in my book, and it is tournament legal as well. I am all for it!

I've got to say, this is terribly ironic Wink

I'm not a fan of the art. I really liked creepy eye and scythes.

She wants a ride on the pony, dude.
    Mafia Stats
    Kill shot: BB
    Issue with my shooting? Please visit my helpdesk and help me learn to aim!
    I'm a sucker for FNM promos

I also love storm

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT
    weaboo weaboo weaboo weaboo weaboo weaboo
    Beautiful art. I'll definitely be trying to pick up a few.

Current decks:
    • Modern WUG Turbofog
    • Casual WUR Zedruu
    • Standard WUR Control
    • Standard WUB Control
    • Standard RUG Staticaster Combo
    Quote from YamiJoey
    So they're pushing Modern here, I assume? (/lulz)

Love the card, art's iffy. Whatever. Free cards are cool. We still haven't got our Pillar of Flames in. ¬_¬

Same here. I want my whirly pillars of wrath >.

The art is definately a lot worse than the original.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes