New art (and upcoming spoiler) from Facebook app

Quote from Shadowclaimer
    People in this day and age.. don't use Facebook?

I'm.. baffled.

I had a facebook for quite a long time, but honestly I felt a little... absorbed by it. Deleted it about seven months ago and haven't looked back once!
    Quote from cryogen
    When I post it's like solid gold quotes spewing from my fingers.
    Quote from ISBPathfinder
    Something spews all right...
    Quote from Hobbitg
    These names are sounding like lands to me Smile

I think just a small bit of the artwork alone was enough to tell us that Wink
    Proud Member of the "Help Fblthp Get Home in DGM" Society

Quote from WoodWraith
    Quote from PiMan
    Quote from WoodWraith
    So many ooze cards in RTR block! Now all we need is an "ooze lord".
    We have Mark Rosewater already.
    Yeah,but his weakness to bus based removal is so crippling. Certainly not a 4 of.
    Quote from Subbak
    Blue doesn't mean smart, but blue is associated with the pursuit of knowledge and most dedicated players are geeks and have interests in science.
    Also, Gruul decks are relatively easy to grasp for newer players, because it's basically "beat face with monsters". I've seen several shopkeepers recommend that color combination for people's first decks.

Sigh. The fact that red-green is an easy color combination to play doesn't mean that casuals or new players identify with the guild. I would wager that there are plenty of people who love blue-red decks who hate the "blow it up for science" Izzet vibe.
    EDH: U Ultimus U ۰ B Geth B ۰ G Kamahl G ۰ W/U manaIsperia W/U mana ۰ B/R manaOliviaB/R mana ۰ R/W manaJor KadeenR/W mana ۰ W/B mana U/B manaSydriW/B mana U/B mana ۰ W/G mana B/G manaGhaveW/G mana B/G mana
    Standard: W/R Aggro
    Rakdos Piece 4.

Image removed due to its file extension: http://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/attachments/100/687/635032498280834056.bmp

Boros art.
    Image removed due to its file extension: http://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/attachments/100/682/635032498278493996.bmp

Izzet art
    Image removed due to its file extension: http://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/attachments/100/686/635032498280678052.bmp
    ATTACHMENTS
    • untitled
    • untitled1
    • untitled2
    Last edited by shinquickman: 8/31/2012 10:24:57 AM
    If I didn't detest Facebook's corporate policies I'd help, but I suppose I can just patiently wait on the sidelines.
    boros, boros, gruul
    ATTACHMENTS
    Last edited by horn666: 8/31/2012 9:07:20 AM
    Quote from Serpos of Urug
    Sigh. The fact that red-green is an easy color combination to play doesn't mean that casuals or new players identify with the guild. I would wager that there are plenty of people who love blue-red decks who hate the "blow it up for science" Izzet vibe.

As a Blue player, I love how other blue players think that because we tend to have more steps sometimes that we're "smarter" or "more complex" than aggro decks.

I've seen complex interactions and combat tricks come out of R, G, and RG decks that make my head spin. I envy most players of beater decks, when properly played they're just plain cool to watch, nothing like watching insane combat tricks or creature responses that are smart plays.

Quote from WoodWraith
    Quote from PiMan
    Quote from WoodWraith
    Yeah,but his weakness to bus based removal is so crippling. Certainly not a 4 of.
    Quote from Shadowclaimer
    As a Blue player, I love how other blue players think that because we tend to have more steps sometimes that we're "smarter" or "more complex" than aggro decks.

I've seen complex interactions and combat tricks come out of R, G, and RG decks that make my head spin. I envy most players of beater decks, when properly played they're just plain cool to watch, nothing like watching insane combat tricks or creature responses that are smart plays.

Agreed... I'm an Esper player through and through, but I NEVER underestimate the power of turning guys sideways.
    www.mtgotraders.com - Enter Code PANDAPAYPAL for 8% off!
    www.CapeFearGames.com - Enter Code PANDA for 5% off!
    Limit of 1 coupon per order
    Quote from pandafarmer
    Agreed... I'm an Esper player through and through, but I NEVER underestimate the power of turning guys sideways.

Its sad because after playing a Delver, I'm more entertained watching people do that than I am watching a Resto Angel-Snap-flash in combo.

Quote from WoodWraith
    Quote from PiMan
    Quote from WoodWraith
    Quote from Shadowclaimer

That is all true, bnut if you wanted to build a "simple" deck, would you do it in :symr::symg: or :symu::symb:? Probably the former...
    I'm not saying turning dudes sideways can't be subtle, or complicated, or interesting. I'm just saying that when you look for the simplest thing available, it will probably provide it.
    I had a hand in

:sym2w::sym2u::sym2b::sym2r::sym2g::sym2w::sym2u::sym2b::sym2r::sym2g:
    We Can Do ItArchester: Frontier of Steam, an awesome Steampunk set. We Can Do It
    Quote from horn666

looks like Sunhome to me. Seems like part of the guildhall land which is probably going to exist.
    If you're having creature problems I feel bad for you son
    You got 99 attackers but I'm blocking with 1.

The Winner is Judge | 7
    This Winner is Also Judge | 6
    Club Flamingo | Lots

I've got Orzhov Piece #6, which gives us the name "Orzhov Vatican"!

Quote from Subbak
    That is all true, bnut if you wanted to build a "simple" deck, would you do it in :symr::symg: or :symu::symb:? Probably the former...
    I'm not saying turning dudes sideways can't be subtle, or complicated, or interesting. I'm just saying that when you look for the simplest thing available, it will probably provide it.

True, I recommend Red or Green to new players, I won't deny that. Black tied for second place.

I'd recommend blue last just because their cards tend to be wordy, which is where I feel like people get the feeling they're playing "smarter" decks at.

Quote from WoodWraith
    Quote from PiMan
    Quote from WoodWraith
    Here you go !

Quote from Barinellos
    There are known knowns and known unknowns, but there are also unknown unknowns. Things we don't know that we don't know.
    Quote from Hyze
    Here you go !

due to a shockland high, this looks a lot like a breeding pool to me. Unless, of course, it's their new headquarters.

The Winner is Judge | 7
    Club Flamingo | Lots

Love that Golgari skull by Jason Chan with lady in background.

Could someone explain, please, why the "pieces" are of strange size? Are they pieces of art from card? Don't have a facebook account so can't read the rules on my own.
    Quote from mineralica
    Love that Golgari skull by Jason Chan with lady in background.

Could someone explain, please, why the "pieces" are of strange size? Are they pieces of art from card? Don't have a facebook account so can't read the rules on my own.

When you do the daily challenge you unlock one of six pieces of a piece of art.

Quote from WoodWraith
    Quote from PiMan
    Quote from WoodWraith
    Quote from Ninja Caterpie
    due to a shockland high, this looks a lot like a breeding pool to me. Unless, of course, it's their new headquarters.

Well, we already have a piece of their new HQ (it's in the first post), and it's not this.

I agree this is gorgeous art. So much better than old Breeding Pool (if that's what it is).
    I had a hand in

:sym2w::sym2u::sym2b::sym2r::sym2g::sym2w::sym2u::sym2b::sym2r::sym2g:
    We Can Do ItArchester: Frontier of Steam, an awesome Steampunk set. We Can Do It
    Four more arts
    ATTACHMENTS
    • azo_orzho
    • azo_orzho2
    Casual player forever !

Quote from NeoItems
    I love how everyone defending Jace has a Jace avatar.
    Quote from Skibo
    Even though the Time rifts were closed a century ago, a washing machine could still fall out of time and crush your car.
    Quote from Barinellos

They only had one green mana open.

Quote from Shadowclaimer
    When you do the daily challenge you unlock one of six pieces of a piece of art.

Ah, thanks.

So many lands art! I'm totally in love with this set, even for art only. Wonder what kinds of land are those since that's not guildhalls and not shocklands... must be some kind of karoo replacements as fixers at common slot.
    I'm shocked they are giving us so much art from the 5 guilds from Gatecrash.
    www.mtgotraders.com - Enter Code PANDAPAYPAL for 8% off!
    www.CapeFearGames.com - Enter Code PANDA for 5% off!
    Limit of 1 coupon per order
    Golgari #7. Looks like an artifact?
    ATTACHMENTS
    • Golgari7
    the ones with "piece" in them I'm pretty sure are actually pieces of one art; then those other ones labelled "Guild #N" are just whole arts.

so that's defs breeding pool.

The Winner is Judge | 7
    Club Flamingo | Lots

Quote from pandafarmer
    I'm shocked they are giving us so much art from the 5 guilds from Gatecrash.

You don't want to alienate people who have their favorite guild in the second set. You have to try keeping people hyped about their guild for an extra 3 months before they get a card from it, making it actually more important. Marketing is an important part of any game company.
    i have izzet piece three but i dont know how to put the pic up
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes