New Dotp 2013 expansion on November 7th (boros+simic)

Quote from Kajillion
    Unlike the RTR expansion, neither of these came with promo unlocks for me. They should be 10/40, but they're 0/30. Is anyone else's like that?

Probably a stupid question, but are there actually promos for the rtr expansion, because I couldn't find anything on them, just for the original ten decks.
    Quote from Oceanus
    I mean, they probably just cut 10 bad cards out of the original build anyway. The decks look pretty packed.

I hope this isn't the case: For symmetry's sake! Thus, we'd have the 5 RTR guild decks with 40 unlockable cards, and the 5 GTC guild decks with only 30?! So the question becomes: Why shaft the Gatecrash guilds? I fully expect (and hope) there are more promo unlocks in-the-pipeline once the remaining three guild decks are released.

To your point, Regrowth DOES seem like it should be fit perfectly as a promo unlock. But remember, the Golgari deck received TWO Pernicious Deed -- one promo unlock; one unlockable by playthrough.

Quote from JacetheBroken
    Probably a stupid question, but are there actually promos for the rtr expansion, because I couldn't find anything on them, just for the original ten decks.

If you used all 10 promo codes (even before installing the RTR expansion), you should already have all the promos for the RTR expansion decks (x/40 cards). In fact, if you unlocked the promos before the RTR expansion install, all 5 decks should already have 10/40 cards unlocked -- at least this was true in my situation (for both PS3 & XBOX).

Now, if you're speaking of the newly-released Boros and Simic deck pack, than no promos. For some reason or another, they only contain the 30 unlockable cards -- no promos. I speculate that we may see promos for all 5 Gatecrash guild decks once the remaining 3 (Dimir, Gruul, Orzhov) are released.
    Last edited by TK-421: 11/10/2012 12:59:39 AM
    What I'm confused about is how nobody noticed these two decks in the gamefiles considering we've known the five deck DLC content since the game release.
    Quote from Oceanus
    I mean, they probably just cut 10 bad cards out of the original build anyway. The decks look pretty packed.

I haven't played with the boros one yet, but I'm really scraping to get multiplayer wins with the simic deck. I have it built as a sort of tempo creature deck, so it could be that that's wrong, but the deck definitely isn't tier 1.
    I hope this means there are 2 more deck packs comming.
    Dimir and gruul next i geuss.

I still want a 5-color sliver deck and an artifact deck.
    Wait, so no early preview card for Gatecrash????

Come check out my trades!!!
    Quote from Stoogeslap
    Wait, so no early preview card for Gatecrash????

We've known that for a long time, the full list of cards was cracked very early.
    Elspeth is dead. Long live Elspeth.
    Quote from Tackman
    We've known that for a long time, the full list of cards was cracked very early.

Well, ain't that lame sauce. It would be a great marketing ploy to preview one or two guild mechanics... since the accidental preview of Populate did wonders for Return to Ravnica.

Come check out my trades!!!
    So does the promo unlocks work with these? any final confermation either way?
    is promo unlocks something they can add later?
    I am petitioning for the removal of mythic rarity. Sig this to join the cause!
    Famliy Guy Emperor Says,
    "Something, something something, DARK SIDE!
    Something, something, something COMPLETE!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHiUitciuJ8
    Halo
    :symrw::symrw::symrw::symrw::symrw::symrw:
    SPIKE GAYMER: not just a beatdown, a beatdown sung to the tune of "I Feel Pretty"!Halo
    Quote from Desolation Angel
    So does the promo unlocks work with these? any final confermation either way?
    is promo unlocks something they can add later?

No, no, unknown Frown

Azorius
    SimicSimic
    Orzhov
    Reprint Stasis!
    Control needs more love.
    Dimir

EDH:

:simic:Momir Vig, Simic Visionary:simic:
    :izzet:Melek, Izzet Paragon:izzet:
    :dimir:Oona, Queen of the Fae:dimir:
    :azorius:Bruna, Light of Alabaster:azorius:
    :boros:Gisela, Blade of Goldnight:boros:
    :golgari:Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord:golgari:
    :dimir:Sen Triplets:orzhov:
    :simic:The Mimeoplasm:dimir:
    WUBRGSliver OverlordGRBUW
    Quote from empathogen
    No, no, unknown Frown

Well thanks for telling me anyway. It's good to know what's going on definitively, even if what's going on is we don't know what's going on.
    I am petitioning for the removal of mythic rarity. Sig this to join the cause!
    Famliy Guy Emperor Says,
    "Something, something something, DARK SIDE!
    Something, something, something COMPLETE!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHiUitciuJ8
    Halo
    :symrw::symrw::symrw::symrw::symrw::symrw:
    SPIKE GAYMER: not just a beatdown, a beatdown sung to the tune of "I Feel Pretty"!Halo
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes