More Cards 9/18 - Armada Wurm, etc

I was wondering has this card been spoiled yet? It is in the name and number crunch, but not in the official spoiler. If it had been spoiled sorry for this post. And I would highly appreciate a link or picture. Thank you

Armada Wurm
    2GGWW
    Creature-Wurm
    Trample

When ~ enters the battlefield, but a 5/5 Wurm token with trample onto the battlefield.
    5/5

Azorius Keyrune
    Artifact
    T: Add W or U to your mana pool
    WU: Azorius Keyrune becomes a 2/2 Blue and White creature with flying until end of turn.

Codex Shredder - 1
    Artifact

tap: Target player puts the top card of their library into their graveyard
    5, tap: Sac Codex Shredder: Return target card from your graveyard to your hand

Volatile Rig - 4
    Artifact Creature
    Trample
    Volatile Rig attacks each turn if able
    Whenever Volatile Rig is dealt damage, flip a coin. if you lose the flip, sac Volatile Rig.
    When Volatile Rig dies, flip a coin. If you lose the flip, it deals 4 damage to each creature and player
    4/4

added other spoils today, please use this thread to discuss these new spoils.
    Last edited by Arcadic: 9/18/2012 11:56:05 AM
    http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showpost.php?p=9047368&postcount=661

It's two 5/5 trample wurms for 2WWGG, no picture yet as far as I know.
    Thanks. LLCD:)
    Really? That seems... very strong... OMG
    Elspeth is dead. Long live Elspeth.
    That is stupidly strong if that is real. Resto Angel did not run out of targets...

Standard
    W.I.P.
    EDH
    WNorn Tokens
    Quote from Dlucks
    That is stupidly strong if that is real. Resto Angel did not run out of targets...

Source spoiled a bunch of M13 cards, so the card is def real.
    Unfortunate that the best populate target is outclassed by Resto.
    News and spoiler contributor for GatheringMagic.com

Twitter
    Quote from urzassedatives
    Source spoiled a bunch of M13 cards, so the card is def real.
    Unfortunate that the best populate target is outclassed by Resto.

Yeah, I definitely think this should have been more in line with some of Selesnya's other stuff and been "Put a 5/5 wurm with trample onto the battlefield, populate".
    My Moderator Helpdesk
    Currently Playing:
    Legacy: Something U/W Controlish
    EDH Cube
    Hypercube! A New EDH Deck Every Week(ish)!
    Restoration Angel target?
    Maybe he didn't see the manacost correctly. I can imagine 8, 7 at best, but 6 is just stupid (and I'm saying that as a GW player myself)
    Wow, that's not too shabby. Shame that a lot of Selesnya's populate targets are junk. This, however, looks worthwhile.
    Feels a LOT like broodmate dragon to me. Anyone else think they're similar enough?
    Animar EDH
    Karador EDH
    Comments on decks welcome: http://tappedout.net/users/AradonTemplar/
    Currently developing Set 1 of 3, 'Shadow': http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=436885
    I sure hope there's some mistake there. I mean, 4x tusk + 4x wurm is titans all over again.
    If this is true my W/G sublime blink deck just got another fatty. Actually this n tragtusk will probably battle for the spot. Oh tough choices(•_•)
    Quote from Tackman
    Maybe he didn't see the manacost correctly. I can imagine 8, 7 at best, but 6 is just stupid (and I'm saying that as a GW player myself)

Hey, Grave Titan put 10 power on the board and an additional 4 every time it attacked. At least with this one you have to use other cards to get more power out of it.
    Quote from Tackman

Broodmate dragon puts two 4/4 flying in play for 6. Better than trample.
    Quote from Aradon Templar
    Feels a LOT like broodmate dragon to me. Anyone else think they're similar enough?

It's definitely a throwback to it.
    http://kirblar024.wordpress.com - I has a blog now!

Current post- Grand Prix KC Modern Postmortem (7/7/13)
    Quote from zombiepete
    Hey, Grave Titan put 10 power on the board and an additional 4 every time it attacked. At least with this one you have to use other cards to get more power out of it.

Grave titan also had no evasion, and you could sponge 6 every turn with a single 1/1. 10 trample is an immediate threat, and if you don't remove both, prepare to get flickered/populated to hell. Blocking back against trample of large size rarely nets a trade (and you stlil take damage,) and not blocking back is basically improvised evasion. Grave titan only scares me more in the world of EXTREME board control we had back in zendikar era. Right now, I'd rather play that wurm.

Quote from Aegon

Not if you've got flying too. So not always.
    Quote from Xaios
    Wow, that's not too shabby. Shame that a lot of Selesnya's populate targets are junk. This, however, looks worthwhile.

They have more than enough to be a legitimate deck.
    Combine this with Deadeye Navigator, for a 5/5 trample wurm token for every 1U. Populate needed better tokens than overcosted birds + centaurs, anyway.
    Quote from Aegon

I'll take more power in two colors. Also, trample is not worse than flying. Broodmate was pretty boss though.
    Baneslayer Angel- Pro Demons and Dragons

Malfegor- Demon Dragon: only creature in the history of magic that is both of Baneslayer's protections. Can kill Baneslayer.

Win
    Quote from Smooth Criminal
    I sure hope there's some mistake there. I mean, 4x tusk + 4x wurm is titans all over again.

4x tusk 4x this 4x resto angel, the deck is made already. It cannot be 6cmc imho, c'mon 10 damage with trample? And not in s single body, so removal only takes 50% away?
    Alea iacta est

I'm a Spike Vorthos - I love lore and flavor, but only if the cards are competition worthy.
    Oooh this is gorgeous, GW is contender for being the best deck.
    Don't just have an idea -

Have all of them.

Join us on Cardgame Coalition!
    Quote from Wildfire393
    Yeah, I definitely think this should have been more in line with some of Selesnya's other stuff and been "Put a 5/5 wurm with trample onto the battlefield, populate".

The card you proposed would have probably led to that fabled cackling counterpart combo.
    Broodmate Wurm :p

And actually I don't think flying is better than trample necessarily, especially since there are so many fliers and things to kill fliers running around. Trample is harder to get around. Very good creature, I want four. 10 power and trample on two bodies for 6 is nuts.
    Last edited by ElricJC: 9/18/2012 11:51:13 AM
    Quote from Aegon

I guess it's true that this card is around the same powerlevel as Broodmate Dragon. Losing flying for +1/+1 and trample is fair. Though, Broodmate Dragon was in three colours, there was no blinking, nowhere near as much token support, and it still saw lots of play.

6 mana seems likely, though really pushed. I guess I just wasn't expecting Selesnya to get the better card out of the non-guildleader mythic cycle. Not that I'm complaining!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes