DotP 2013 Expansion?

Playing duels last night on a custom game and as usual garruk deck is set to default for the AI except the portrait was kor spiritdancer, the deck was called aura servants and the AI was called Azorious. Any chance it being a 'ghost' like the 2012 ral zarek spoiler and a hint of possible mechanics in RtR?

I'm on Xbox 360 so cannot view game code, any steam users want to help?
    Last edited by Arcadic: 9/19/2012 9:29:27 AM
    Quote from Malacorath
    Playing duels last night on a custom game and as usual garruk deck is set to default for the AI except the portrait was kor spiritdancer, the deck was called aura servants and the AI was called Azorious. Any chance it being a 'ghost' like the 2012 ral zarek spoiler and a hint of possible mechanics in RtR?

Sounds like its time to tear open some game files and pick them apart for juicy juicy details.
    Proud Member of the "Help Fblthp Get Home in DGM" Society

Quote from WoodWraith
    Quote from PiMan
    Quote from WoodWraith
    So many ooze cards in RTR block! Now all we need is an "ooze lord".
    We have Mark Rosewater already.
    Yeah,but his weakness to bus based removal is so crippling. Certainly not a 4 of.
    Quote from Shadowclaimer
    Sounds like its time to tear open some game files and pick them apart for juicy juicy details.

Yaaaaaaaay!

This was really fruitful last year.
    Playing:

EDH:
    Niv-Mizzet

Legacy:
    The Rack

Modern
    Venser, the Sojourner Control
    That would be sweet. However, we're not sure if Ral Zarek is going to show up in RTR block. There are a lot of planeswalkers that "belong" in Ravnica... Jace, possibly a "sparked" Niv-Mizzet, Ral Zarek, Dack Fayden, maybe even Kiora Atua.. and all those dudes are presumably at least partly blue.

I'm just saying that we're not even sure what those "ghost" spoilers even mean yet. Regardless, anyone who get can into Steam has my support! Smile
    Check out some sweet tunes. J_Ruth's latest tune is "Morphling" and, yes, it's named after the classic Morphling.
    For those who don't remember, there were several Innistrad cards spoiled this same way about a year ago, so this endeavor has proven useful. We even got a mechanic out of the spoil (Flashback).

All I want to see is just enough to be able to determine if the guilds are still around, even if it is just in spirit so to speak.
    Banner by me
    Quote from Malacorath

Possible. DotP 2013 is still new and needs some patches (Firewing Phoenix with 1 toughness). So while Ral Zarek was found through searching DotP code, it's possible the unpatched version just happened to feature some spoilers.

Although, the Kor are a very specific race in the arcana and don't have much place in Ravnica or the Azorious Senate. Azorious themed creatures are Elementals, Griffins, Vedalken, Loxodons, Sphinxes, Spirits, and they're all run by Human Grand Arbiters (see Wiki).

Possibly, the Azorious will try and fill the gaping hole of shrouded enchantresses being felt in Modern right now. Enchantment buff/draw is strongly shifted to white from green. Could be some mechanics.

Could also mean a return of those double-striking, land grabbing, equipment fetching pale white freaks in an upcoming set.

Or it could just be a cool deck.
    Even if some of it gets cut later, this should make for some interesting info.
    Quote from jonnybgood23
    That would be sweet. However, we're not sure if Ral Zarek is going to show up in RTR block. There are a lot of planeswalkers that "belong" in Ravnica... Jace, possibly a "sparked" Niv-Mizzet, Ral Zarek, Dack Fayden, maybe even Kiora Atua.. and all those dudes are presumably at least partly blue.

I'm just saying that we're not even sure what those "ghost" spoilers even mean yet. Regardless, anyone who get can into Steam has my support! Smile

Sparked NIv-Mizzet has been debunked 50 times over, he isn't a planeswalker nor will he be. He broke his link to the Firemind, he didn't leave the plane (was confirmed in an interview/question), Wizards said they aren't doing anymore non-humanoid Planeswalkers because PWs need to be something players can relate to, he has never shown any sign of a potential spark, etc. etc.

Quote from Shizazination
    For those who don't remember, there were several Innistrad cards spoiled this same way about a year ago, so this endeavor has proven useful. We even got a mechanic out of the spoil (Flashback).

All I want to see is just enough to be able to determine if the guilds are still around, even if it is just in spirit so to speak.

All sources so far have been discussing guilds, the Duel Decks alone basically confirm they're back (why would they release a new Mythic Rare Guildleader in the duel deck that takes over for Golgari if the guilds are gone?).

=Beyond this point is personal speculation/assumptions=
    Let's go out on a limb here and say this Azorius thing as merit as something important here, that it confirms Azorius for RTR.

The new Duel Deck has a new card printed for it from RTR (Jarad, for Golgari) which confirms they'll be in it, however its doubtful they'd print a Duel Deck with both guilds and only give preview cards to one side, so let's assume Izzet are in too (also Niv being on the title of RTR leads credence to this).

So we have Izzet, Golgari, and Azorius in RTR.

Entire sets will only have 5 planeswalkers Mark Rosewater says, so on average its 3-1-1 or 2-1-2 based on set distribution.

Ral Zarek was designed for DOTP2012, at the time of DOTP2012's development RTR was in development at Wizards. Coincidentally we haven't heard a thing about Ral since.

Therefor my prediction (PREDICTION) is the following:
    The UR Planeswalker will be Ral Zarek, he's Izzet, has great background history with it, and was designed at the same time as RTR.

Jace will either be mono-blue, or UW (Azorius), typically they've started straying from Mono Core Set walkers starting with Innistrad (since hte Core Sets now come with 5 walkers of each color now). So multicolor is more likely, but whether UR or UW or U? is left up to debate.

If Boros makes a return, its likely Gideon will be W or WR (his personality does lead towards Boros, or technically Azorius as well), last we saw of Gideon he was leaving Zendikar to go to Ravnica for help with the Eldrazi. No reason they'd leave him out of a chance of a potential Gideon 2.0 (he isn't in M13).

=End ramble=
    Last edited by Shadowclaimer: 6/22/2012 12:45:14 PM

Quote from WoodWraith
    Quote from PiMan
    Quote from WoodWraith
    Yeah,but his weakness to bus based removal is so crippling. Certainly not a 4 of.
    Quote from Shadowclaimer
    Sparked NIv-Mizzet has been debunked 50 times over, he isn't a planeswalker nor will he be. He broke his link to the Firemind, he didn't leave the plane (was confirmed in an interview/question), Wizards said they aren't doing anymore non-humanoid Planeswalkers because PWs need to be something players can relate to, he has never shown any sign of a potential spark, etc. etc.

Got any links to support these? I'm just curious.
    Well said, Shadow. I wish more people would speculate that in depth about Return to Ravnica.
    According to this post on the mothership, there are five Ravnica-themed decks in the expansion, each one corresponding to a guild.

Azorius - Aura Servants
    Golgari - Sepulchral Strength
    Izzet - Mindstorms
    Rakdos - Grinning Malice
    Selesnya - Collective Might

No unlocks or other information is available at this time, though I can personally confirm the name of the Aura Servants deck as the same thing happened to me that happened to the original poster.
    Quote from skullmount4
    Got any links to support these? I'm just curious.

Not on hand at the moment, I can try to look for them, but if you look around I'm sure you'll find some. Basically on Mark Rosewater's tumbler he confirmed Wizards doesn't do non-Humanoid planeswalkers anymore because they're unrelatable, that's why there won't ever be an "ooze" planeswalker (which was the discussion topic.

Then the Niv-Mizzet not leaving the plane was confirmed in an interview or Q&A I believe, they said he didn't leave the world. (On top of that I believe Ravnica was cut off from the multiverse at the time if I recall, so Planeswalking would've been impossible, that's just me trying to remember)

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=422206&page=2

Here was a later discussion where some other people (who have read the same novels people keep quoting to say Niv was a planeswalker) are debunking the planeswalker bit, that's the only link I have in my bookmarks here at work.

I'll look for it when I get home.

Quote from WoodWraith
    Quote from PiMan
    Quote from WoodWraith
    Quote from Shadowclaimer

All sources so far have been discussing guilds, the Duel Decks alone basically confirm they're back (why would they release a new Mythic Rare Guildleader in the duel deck that takes over for Golgari if the guilds are gone?)

As a note, Aura Servants was a DOTP2012 deck that Ajani used. Its more than likely leftover code, the Azorius part is what interests me.

=Beyond this point is personal speculation/assumptions=
    Let's go out on a limb here and say this Azorius thing as merit as something important here, that it confirms Azorius for RTR.

The new Duel Deck has a new card printed for it from RTR (Jarad, for Golgari) which confirms they'll be in it, however its doubtful they'd print a Duel Deck with both guilds and only give preview cards to one side, so let's assume Izzet are in too (also Niv being on the title of RTR leads credence to this).

So we have Izzet, Golgari, and Azorius in RTR.

Entire sets will only have 5 planeswalkers Mark Rosewater says, so on average its 3-1-1 or 2-1-2 based on set distribution.

Ral Zarek was designed for DOTP2012, at the time of DOTP2012's development RTR was in development at Wizards. Coincidentally we haven't heard a thing about Ral since.

Therefor my prediction (PREDICTION) is the following:
    The UR Planeswalker will be Ral Zarek, he's Izzet, has great background history with it, and was designed at the same time as RTR.

Jace will either be mono-blue, or UW (Azorius), typically they've started straying from Mono Core Set walkers starting with Innistrad (since hte Core Sets now come with 5 walkers of each color now). So multicolor is more likely, but whether UR or UW or U? is left up to debate.

If Boros makes a return, its likely Gideon will be W or WR (his personality does lead towards Boros, or technically Azorius as well), last we saw of Gideon he was leaving Zendikar to go to Ravnica for help with the Eldrazi. No reason they'd leave him out of a chance of a potential Gideon 2.0 (he isn't in M13).

=End ramble=

You make some good points, but the idea that wizards follows story base logic ina strict way has also been debunked. Were in a fantasy setting, so anything goes really.
    I remember there were a very large group of people refusing to believe karn would be a planeswalker in scars block with similar logic. It didnt pan out too well for them.

On topic, does the game look crackable? Or did they wise up this time?
    Playing:

EDH:
    Niv-Mizzet

Legacy:
    The Rack

Modern
    Quote from Wretchedest
    You make some good points, but the idea that wizards follows story base logic ina strict way has also been debunked. Were in a fantasy setting, so anything goes really.
    I remember there were a very large group of people refusing to believe karn would be a planeswalker in scars block with similar logic. It didnt pan out too well for them.

On topic, does the game look crackable? Or did they wise up this time?

That's a rhetorical question, there is no game that is uncrackable. Period. lol

Are there deck lists present in the files?

I can answer that: very, very likely. 99.99% certain. However, there's no extractor for 2013's wad files yet. Once a new version of the extractor is out (which the author of one of the extractors is working on), I'll post the decklists unless someone (like Evenfall for instance) is faster than me.

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29194489/In_game_DLC_locked,&post_num=24#521127313

From the forums

Quote from WoodWraith
    Quote from PiMan
    Quote from WoodWraith
    Quote from Shadowclaimer
    Not on hand at the moment, I can try to look for them, but if you look around I'm sure you'll find some. Basically on Mark Rosewater's tumbler he confirmed Wizards doesn't do non-Humanoid planeswalkers anymore because they're unrelatable, that's why there won't ever be an "ooze" planeswalker (which was the discussion topic.

Then the Niv-Mizzet not leaving the plane was confirmed in an interview or Q&A I believe, they said he didn't leave the world. (On top of that I believe Ravnica was cut off from the multiverse at the time if I recall, so Planeswalking would've been impossible, that's just me trying to remember)

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=422206&page=2

Here was a later discussion where some other people (who have read the same novels people keep quoting to say Niv was a planeswalker) are debunking the planeswalker bit, that's the only link I have in my bookmarks here at work.

I'll look for it when I get home.

K Thanks.

Its disappointing that there won't be more non-human(oid?) planeswalkers. Human planeswalkers are boring. Give me more dragon planeswalkers (or werewolf planeswalker? :hide:).
    Last edited by skullmount4: 6/22/2012 2:58:09 PM
    Quote from skullmount4
    K Thanks.

Its disappointing that here won't be more non-human(oid?) planeswalkers. Human planeswalkers are boring. Give me more dragon planeswalkers (or werewolf planeswalker? :hide:).

I'm fine with humanoid, I can see their justification to a point, I still want a badass evil knight planeswalker.

Quote from WoodWraith
    Quote from PiMan
    Quote from WoodWraith
    It's good to see some multicolor decks are planned. With only 1 multicolor deck (that doesn't work well with 2HG) the 'tap your own lands' option is rather useless so far. In DOTP2012 I have up on the 3 color decks because the AI always seemed to choose the wrong lands to tap, and going back to just 9 monocolored was a bit of a letdown for me.

Call of Cthulhu CCG Servitor for the Netherlands!

Arkham, the 1920's. Investigators battle horrors from beyond time and space, risking life and sanity while conspiracies of cultists and malign servitors seek gateways for their outer gods to return...
    Soon, the stars will be right! Great Cthulhu shall rise!
    Quote from GodoftheGrove
    It's good to see some multicolor decks are planned. With only 1 multicolor deck (that doesn't work well with 2HG) the 'tap your own lands' option is rather useless so far. In DOTP2012 I have up on the 3 color decks because the AI always seemed to choose the wrong lands to tap, and going back to just 9 monocolored was a bit of a letdown for me.

I knew something was coming because of this, having only one multicolor deck ingame was odd after spouting the "tap your own lands" crap.

Quote from WoodWraith
    Quote from PiMan
    Quote from WoodWraith
    Quote from Shadowclaimer
    I knew something was coming because of this, having only one multicolor deck ingame was odd after spouting the "tap your own lands" crap.

It just amazes me how it took until the 3rd release of the game to get that feature.
    Quote from DomaDragoon
    According to this post on the mothership, there are five Ravnica-themed decks in the expansion, each one corresponding to a guild.

Azorius - Aura Servants
    Golgari - Sepulchral Strength
    Izzet - Mindstorms
    Rakdos - Grinning Malice
    Selesnya - Collective Might

No unlocks or other information is available at this time, though I can personally confirm the name of the Aura Servants deck as the same thing happened to me that happened to the original poster.

Evenfall has by now posted all five decks, and no unknown cards are to be seen in them. Apparently Wizards learned a little bit.

1, 2 - The TS angel wasn't Serra, and doesn't have Echo, Echo; 3 - Mindstab has suspend, not split second; 4 to 125 - TS bonus cards exist, not added in Development; 126 - Linessa is a legend; 127 - Vengeant is a planeswalker; 128 - Golden Lotus was fake; 129 - Only 3 Eldrazi Titans; 130 - Scars factions not equal; 131 - Besieged not split; 132 - Corrupted Conscience ; 133-137 - M12 Titans
    Anti-Crows - 5
    1 to 5 - The new card type introduced in Lorwyn will be Planeswalker.
    The current contents of the expansion decks have been posted. There are no new cards in any of them, but there are plenty of Ravnica block cards in each so there's the possibility that some of them will be reprinted. The poster would like to note that these may not be the final decklists. While all of them play around with the strengths of the guilds, none of them use the guild keywords (so no Convoke, Forecast, Hellbent, Replicate, or Dredge cards are in the decks).

Selesnya: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29195177/D13_Expansion_1_-_Selesnyas_Collective_Might_Decklist__Unlocks&post_num=1#521133011

Azorius: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29194917/D13_Expansion_1_-_Azoriuss_Aura_Servants_Decklist__Unlocks

Rakdos: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29195093/D13_Expansion_1_-_Rakdoss_Grinning_Malice_Decklist__Unlocks

Izzet: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29195041/D13_Expansion_1_-_Izzets_Mindstorms_Decklist__Unlocks

Golgari: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29194993/D13_Expansion_1_-_Golgaris_Sepulchral_Strength_Decklist__Unlocks
    Quote from DomaDragoon
    The current contents of the expansion decks have been posted. There are no new cards in any of them, but there are plenty of Ravnica block cards in each so there's the possibility that some of them will be reprinted. The poster would like to note that these may not be the final decklists. While all of them play around with the strengths of the guilds, none of them use the guild keywords (so no Convoke, Forecast, Hellbent, Replicate, or Dredge cards are in the decks).

Selesnya: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29195177/D13_Expansion_1_-_Selesnyas_Collective_Might_Decklist__Unlocks&post_num=1#521133011

Azorius: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29194917/D13_Expansion_1_-_Azoriuss_Aura_Servants_Decklist__Unlocks

Rakdos: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29195093/D13_Expansion_1_-_Rakdoss_Grinning_Malice_Decklist__Unlocks

Izzet: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29195041/D13_Expansion_1_-_Izzets_Mindstorms_Decklist__Unlocks

Golgari: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29194993/D13_Expansion_1_-_Golgaris_Sepulchral_Strength_Decklist__Unlocks

Looks to me like they placeholdered quite a bit, if you note some specific cards in each of those decks seem really out of place for the rest of the deck..

Sneaky bastards, kudos to them.

Quote from WoodWraith
    Quote from PiMan
    Quote from WoodWraith
    Well good for them for catching on, i suppose.

This at least does indicate a return to guild. I say indicates, not confirms. Although, Ravnica without guilds seems to miss the point.
    Playing:

EDH:
    Niv-Mizzet

Legacy:
    The Rack

Modern
    My brain locked onto the fact that Pernicious Deed is in the Golgari deck! So... Now I am SUPER hopefull to see it reprinted. I miss and LOVE that card. Come on ROCK! Make a comeback!

Cyriss07
    Quote from DomaDragoon

Damn, that Golgari deck is practically begging for Savra, Queen of the Golgari.
    Flavor fail Frown

Azorius
    SimicSimic
    Orzhov
    Reprint Stasis!
    Control needs more love.
    Dimir

EDH:

:simic:Momir Vig, Simic Visionary:simic:
    :izzet:Melek, Izzet Paragon:izzet:
    :dimir:Oona, Queen of the Fae:dimir:
    :azorius:Bruna, Light of Alabaster:azorius:
    :boros:Gisela, Blade of Goldnight:boros:
    :golgari:Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord:golgari:
    :dimir:Sen Triplets:orzhov:
    :simic:The Mimeoplasm:dimir:
    WUBRGSliver OverlordGRBUW
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes