[AVR] Fanatische Rekruten [Zealous Conscripts]

Exclusive Preview of the German Wizard's Community:

Zealous Conscripts 4R
    Creature - Human, Warrior
    Haste
    When Zealous Conscripts enters the battlefield, gain control of target permanent until end of turn. Untap that card. It gains haste until end of turn.
    3/3

Illus: Steve Prescott #166/244

http://community.wizards.com/mtgde/blog/2012/04/13/preview_-_avacyns_r%C3%BCckkehr
    ATTACHMENTS
    • fanatic_recruits
    Last edited by teletubby: 4/13/2012 6:10:22 AM
    I can confirm that the translation is correct, with the exception that the new term is "enters the battlefield".
    The english name is Zealous Conscripts. It's one of the Intro deck rares
    My Decks

T2
    B Infect

Casual
    B Vampires
    BUG Melira
    WUB Arifacts
    RGW Naya
    BGW Skullbriar Revival

Casual EDH
    WBR Kaalia of the Vast
    WB Teysa, Orzhov Scion
    I confirm that the translation is incorrect, as the correct name is Zealous Conscripts. It is the rare in the RW intropack.
    Cats don't play Magic. They consider it beneath their dignity. (source)

Quote from MWS »
    <Mikey K> mws is so bad, it makes me want to shoot babies in the face
    <System> Player Lost
    I sure will take your Titan for a turn. Yet again another crazy good EtB effect.
    this seems kinda great for my rdw as an other finisher option. i mean 5 mana 3/3 haste seems not thaat great, but its "ok" on its own, but the effect can work as a finisher pretty well.

just take controle over the elesh, or the titan to finish the game. sounds like a card i could play 2 times in my rdw. but we will see Grin
    Love me more Conquering Masticore-esque creatures.
    EDH
    ----
    :symw::symu::symb::symr::symg:Child of Alara:symw::symu::symb::symr::symg:
    :symw::symu:Hanna, Ship's Navigator:symw::symu:
    :symg::symu::symb:The Mimeoplasm:symg::symu::symb:
    Quote from Dontrike
    I sure will take your Titan for a turn. Yet again another crazy good EtB effect.

Especially with all the Blink-effects out there.
    "Target permanent", eh? Interesting. Is this the first card that can Threaten a planeswalker?

Edit: Guess Dominus of Fealty does that too. Didn't find any others in a quick oracle search...
    Last edited by Dire Wombat: 4/13/2012 3:13:52 AM
    Public Service Announcements
    Take the spoiler season pledge! "Tons of people play Limited. Most cards are made for Limited, not Constructed. I will not post complaining that a Limited card is bad in Constructed."
    Don't do it. Sene explains why.
    Milling from the top of a library is identical to milling from the bottom (barring library manipulation). Keep that in mind the next time someone tells you mill affects card draws.
    So you could steal a planeswalker - like that new blue one - with it and use its ultimate and get the emblem?
    Word of Seizing has been a card that does silly things in Cube/EDH so no, this isn't the first card to threaten a planeswalker. It is great to see that card come back as a creature. Red got a very nice toy, but probably not standard playable, as of now.
    http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/blog.php?b=6622

Quote from DestinyHero
    It's okay, guys, MPR got cut for better and cooler stuff. Like the Helvault, an absolute marketing blunder where 99.5% of the players got chaff and the other .5% of the attendees got to feel like they just won the lottery. This just means there's going to an equally awesome prerelease campaign for RTR. Jace will show up to .5% of all prereleases with hookers and blow for them while the rest of us get a spindown and some oversized tokens.

Friend Code for pokemon Y: 3497-0745-9341
    Quote from Dire Wombat
    "Target permanent", eh? Interesting. Is this the first card that can Threaten a planeswalker?

i didnt even think about that, its not "target creature" its "target permanent".

means you can take controle over a planeswalker too. or an entchantment, or an artifact.

makes it just stronger.
    threaten gideon and get revenge until eot
    wt a nice card
    Wow, I like it.
    Quote from Diogenes

Nothing in this game is degenerate or completely dominant. They haven't banned anything in standard in a long, long time. Hell they should have banned affinity right away, but they didn't until boxed sales collapsed too. Hasbro had to come in and fire people.

I'll enjoy watching all the whiners eat crow monday.

Who's eating crow?
    now that i know that i also can take over a planeswalker, makes me nearly 100% sure that this will somehow go into my rdw as a finisher. but we will see
    Works pretty well with Helvault.
    This is going into my Bazaar Trader deck.
    The art is so silly with that crazy woman swinging around that giant sword in one hand like it's a cardboard prop, while holding up a little dagger to threaten the player with the other. It reminds me of Wayne Reynolds.

Also... Shouldn't the card be the recruiters, since your opponent's permanent is the conscript? Flavor sometimes makes my head hurt.
    Love is in the airThe wedding is over. Now it's time for the honeymoon.Love is in the air

Thanks to Rivenor of Miraculous Recovery Signatures!
    Wow...

It's easily splashable with a good effect and a not-so-bad body (at least with Bolt out of the format), so I suppose this will see some play. Me, I'll put him in Grixis or U/R to try them out. If they don't work, well... zzz.
    "Yesterday was all I had. Today is all I have. Tomorrow is all I want."

Now playing:

Standard-- UB Brains
    Legacy-- UB Dredges
    Commander-- U Sakashima
    I'd run it in my Grixis Heartless summoning deck pretty dam good.
    Well, isn't R getting all the good toys?? Blink decks are going to be very very fun to play
    awesome card is awesome. Word of Seizing on a stick at the same price (sans Split Second, but hey...)
    Almost always relevant, and can sometimes win games on its own. Very splashable. Hmmmm, wondering about constructed playability. Sadly, it's a red rare, so probably will be worth 15c.

B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana W/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana
    If this post is in a "running tally" thread, I'm referring to the price of the item on my website. If it's in Card Creation, I design for Portal 4, a hypothetical set legal in Legacy constructed only. Smile
    A perfect effect in a set full of Blink effects. In fact, I'd bet that the WR deck is built around blinking your stuff.

Glad that it can steal something beside creatures. Let your opponent charge that planeswalker and use their ult, or get their Anthem effect for a swingy alpha strike.
    G Soap: Channeling Spiral Energy since 2006.U

Oh, that's surprisingly nice. Can steal any permanent? Functions as a Bolt as well? That is actually pretty reasonable for 5 mana. Extremely good in limited. Possibly Standard playable.
    I'm what the fox says.
    Oh my God. Forget the planeswalker. This intro rare is much better. I like! Stealing loaded Karn would be so hilarious (actualy I already seen that with Volition Reins on one of my last FNMs in a match UB Control vs UBW Control and it WAS hilarious :)).

Man. Screw that silly 'walker.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes