[ISD] Another Batch: Parallel Lives, One-Eyed Scarecrow, et al

You know, the only colour that is constantly targets players is red (Burn decks). But burn red decks have shatter which destroys the orb.
    Quote from LouCypher
    Waitaminute, YOU have hexproof, that means you can't get, say, the 1 damage from Chandra? Or any other card that says "Target player..."?

Yeah for example it shuts down Liliana -2 and -6 ability. Well they can still target themselves :p I love this colorless Leyline of Sanctity. This is more balanced also as red decks can use artifact destruction to answer this.
    With mulch on turn two, doubling season 0.5 on turn three and a kessik cagebreaker on turn four, token decks could get a bit insane.
    Sol Ring goes in where?

Quote from Memnarch »
    Infraction issued for mutilating the English language.
    Quote from Bash.org »
    <Dr_DOS> Tupac Shakur sounds like a Protoss name.

Quote from heroicraptor
    Forest is not a color.
    Quote from vezokpiraka
    We tried to teach an emo girl to play and she goblins from lorwyn and other red and ugly things.

Quote from Morphling
    wtf is a giant MANTIS doing there and why is he upside down, apparently falling out the mothership from Independence day?

I... am actually doubting these cards, they seem a bit... off in a way especially the rarities. What's the source anyway?
    A half-Doubling Season? That's nice, especially they pick the more commonly used half, tokens.

The Scarecrow is odd.... it punishes flyers, but lacks reach. Ok, it's just a scarecrow, but it feels a bit disjointed. But then again, it certainly makes a nice flavor nevertheless Smile

Pitchfork is another human-only equipment, which is ok for limited...

Witchbane Orb's power really depends on how good curses are in this block....
    Zur the Enchanter:

Offtopic, but I've always wondered if it's Reaper King that's getting blasted by Flame Slash
    Witchbane Orb looks broken IMO
    Quote from MaximumSquid
    Zur the Enchanter:

Offtopic, but I've always wondered if it's Reaper King that's getting blasted by Flame Slash

Nope, its every one of the identical creatures made by swanland getting blasted at the same time
    PSA- With BNG having many 'opponents choice' effects and not just in tribute, it helps to know how to evaluate such mechanics:

Whenever a mechanic gives an opponent his choice of one of multiple options, the ability is overall worth less than the least of these options, made worse by how different the options are and better by your ability to manipulate this choice. In most cases you have no meaningful way to influence your opponents choice.
    Quote from MaximumSquid
    Zur the Enchanter:

It's one of the spawns from the Emrakul swarm, they all have those sponge-like structures all over them.

I predict the Orb to become much better when we get more Curses in the spoiler, if only because it can easily remove 2 or more of them.
    G Soap: Channeling Spiral Energy since 2006.U

It's one of the spawns from the Emrakul swarm, they all have those sponge-like structures all over them.

I predict the Orb to become much better when we get more Curses in the spoiler, if only because it can easily remove 2 or more of them.

Who uses Flame Slash on an Eldrazi spawn? :p

There would have to be some serious Curse action going on to warrant the Orb. But we haven't seen any of the cards that reference Curses, so maybe a Curse deck is viable (at least casually), even though the Curses have unrelated effects.

WUB Master Transmuter
    U Twinsanity
    WUBRG Reaper King
    UBG Dredge
    UR Howling Owl
    GBU Thief of Time
    WUBRG Wild Pair Slivers
    GU Snakes
    UR Dragons

Giving yourself Hexproof is nothing to sneeze at: You can stop direct mill effects (Tome Scour anyone?), direct damage and I'm sure more things.
    It's a colourless Leyline of Sanctity that does a cool extra thing (and will continue to do more of those things as more curses are released in the rest of the block, I imagine).
    Quote from Celestial Panda
    Giving yourself Hexproof is nothing to sneeze at: You can stop direct mill effects (Tome Scour anyone?), direct damage and I'm sure more things.
    It's a colourless Leyline of Sanctity that does a cool extra thing (and will continue to do more of those things as more curses are released in the rest of the block, I imagine).

we now have four ivory mask effects in modern =)
    Half the doubling season for 1 less.
    Obviously this means they're printing a 1 cost artifact with the other half on it in Dark Ascension.
    Sadly, doesn't go infinite with ling season Ghave but still really good.

I'd like 12 please.
    Last edited by crazy monkey: 9/14/2011 7:56:29 AM
    Meh, wrong side of Doubling Season. I want the counter-effect, not the token-effect. ):
    Heartsick at the sight of the Status Seeker
    in a deck that can produce a lot of mana (metalworker eat your heart out), pentavite just became the ultimate board-clogger.

on a more serious note, elspeth tirel becomes an unbreakable wall of life and dudes - so a green/blue/white control/midrange deck seems doable.
    Parallel Lives makes me so excited. Glad to see something similar to doubling season (thankfully without the 'counters' because that kind of broke the first version with planeswalkers. Though I would've liked it with the counters part too :)) Definitely getting it for Riku.

So a few cards I'm really looking forward to so far.
    Quote from "Feared and Fearless" »
    Stephen Hawking can say the sky is made of Jello, but that doesn't make it true.

EDH Logic:
    Casual EDH decks are decks that are worse than mine. Competitive EDH decks are decks that are better than mine.
    Quote from fnord
    I don't think this is a return of Shadowmoor's scarecrows. Rather, it's simply a homage to the original, Scarecrow.

Maybe not, but it's still a return to the creature type. Smile
    "Everything falls apart. But living things fall apart in the most fascinating ways."
    Mowagh the Gwyllion, Fang Skulkin
    In case anyone was wondering, here's the art for Parallel Lives:

ATTACHMENTS
    • 802_final
    Last edited by fnord: 9/14/2011 7:35:56 PM

Practice for Journey into Nyx Limited:
    Draft: (#1) (#2) (#3)
    Quote from ~Fallen Angel~
    Parallel lives doesn't work with all the token producing sorceries I believe.. since it says EFFECT.

Am I wrong about that one?

You are. You're misunderstanding what an effect is, and seems to think it's the same thing than an ability.
    Quote from Celestial Panda
    Giving yourself Hexproof is nothing to sneeze at: You can stop direct mill effects (Tome Scour anyone?)

I'm glad they finally printed a foil to the Tome Scour deck.
    THE ART IS SOOOO AMAZING

I kinda shocked that Scarecrow is a creature type. I thought it will be replaced by Construct or something.

Anyway, if Scarecrow is really gonnabe there, I hope there are more scarecrow because I want to make a scarecrow deck!!!!!

I'm just a new players so I don't really have a lot of cards. But I hope in Standard of Extended Environment, there will be more and more scarecrow.....

New Form of Doubling Season is great! I can see a lot of people building deck around it.
    RGKRENKO BUMPER!!!!!GR
    Man, good thing that pitchfork is "sharpened" or it wouldn't give the creature +1 power.... unsharpened pitchforks just bounce right off things! Stupid

It's so funny now that Blazing Torch CAN be held by Zombies and Vampires! Grin

B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana W/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana
    If this post is in a "running tally" thread, I'm referring to the price of the item on my website. If it's in Card Creation, I design for Portal 4, a hypothetical set legal in Legacy constructed only. Smile
    Dumb question, Parralel lives would put Hero of bladehold tokens into play tapped and attacking correct?
    EDH Decks:
    Grimgrin, The Corpse-Born:http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=385449
    Quote from rancored_elf

It's so funny now that Blazing Torch CAN be held by Zombies and Vampires! Grin

What's wrong with a Zombie or Vampire holding a Blazing Torch? How is that any different from a human holding a sword or gun?

Practice for Journey into Nyx Limited:
    Draft: (#1) (#2) (#3)
    heheh. "Hexproof".
    Quote from AdamM
    Is treyrujerghjujere anything currently that makes tokens at a reasonable cost that could be viable? I can think of timely reinforcements...

timely reinforcements, kuldotha rebirth, blade splicer, all Garruks, Elspeth, precursor golem, beast within, roc egg, hero of bladehold, etc
    My Decks
    Standard:
    GU Prophet

Legacy:
    WBU Shared Fate

Trades
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes