[ISD] Another Batch: Parallel Lives, One-Eyed Scarecrow, et al

Quote from flaming infinity

Oh, and as for Garruk, a Day of Judgment next turn wipes away all those tokens. In order to be a competitive combo deck, you want a more certain victory than that.

Ya because every deck has 4 DoJs mainboard and always has one in hand to cast by turn 5:rolleyes:. Most of the time it would be an win, and if you think they have it you can always play around it. Also an agro deck forcing there opponent to 1 for 1 with there DoJ is still pretty good.
    Quote from urzassedatives
    A 40 dollar mythic rare would constitute a must have 4 of that goes in many decks.

Stats About Mythics
    -Mythics are on average 40% rarer than pre-mythic rares
    (old blocks about 200 rares, Mythic blocks 35+ mythics)
    -They are printing more new cards a year not less
    (about 665 now vs. 630 in most pre-mythic block)
    -To drop the value of a rare by $1 a mythic must go up $2
    -In a 3 year time span deck prices doubled.
    I am petitioning for the removal of mythic rarity. Sig this to join the cause.
    Ohhh.. niceeee another croww i like them so much u.u.
    The lives card works well with our favorite walker Garruk!!! Double the tokens very cool. Also the orb is pretty cool too if you can power it out early, becuase most of the best effects that you need hexproof from are early!!
    Modern
    :symr:RDW:symr:
    :symb:Vampires:symb:
    :symw::symg::symu:Slivers:symu::symw::symg:
    :symu:Merfolk:symu:

Standard
    :symw:White Weenie:symw:
    :symr:Red Devotion:symr:
    :symr::symw:Boros:symr::symw:
    :symg::symw::symu:Bant Hexproof:symu::symw::symg:
    :symw::symu:Heroic Enchantments:symu::symw:
    Quote from urzassedatives
    Hey look - fixed doubling season.

Doubling season was never really broken outside of casual formats. Where it is REALLY broken.

[23:18] <CC> You're somehow gayer than I am.
    Witchbane Orb kinda ****s burn completely.
    Quote from Frostshock!
    I swear I first read it as Wingbonger...something tells me that "As Long as Wingbonger is paired with another creature, both creatures have weed." wouldn't be as good. Seems solid for limited.

Quote from Faust2391
    This card is perfect for my Kaervek the Ass-hat EDH deck.

Quote from Æthergineer

The Aperture Science Center would like to remind you that the internet isn't a competition, but if it was, you would be winning.

Currently Playing:
    Standard
    UW Spirits WU
    WBG Heartless Junk GBW

Legacy
    GG Aggro Elves GG
    Quote from Endarius
    Endless Ranks of the Dead= Double your army, every turn.

Edited for WRONGNESS(!).

Still can't wait to see all the Zombie decks that might run Green solely for this card. It's not a bad idea, either.
    Last edited by Higginjoe: 9/13/2011 8:54:43 PM
    Quote from SomeoneSomewhere
    Artifact
    If the current block matters about graveyards it stops mattering about them.

A perfect description of why Black loves Zombies.

WWWA White mage if you ever saw one.WWW
    Quote from Higginjoe
    I believe your army in fact be tripled every turn. Initial army + Endless Ranks Zombies + Parallel Lives' tokens = Profit??

Can't wait to see all the Zombie decks that run Green solely for this card. It's not a bad idea, either.

Endless Ranks makes tokens equal to half the number of your Zombies, so doubling half is the same as the number of Zombies you control (or one fewer, depending on the rounding breakpoint).
    Doubling Season reprint? Please! I could see something in casual here, survive early turns with Fog and Angelsong while tutoring Season and Parallel with Enlightened Tutor. Then use Timely Reinforcements and friends…
    ]

Sig by Miraculous Recovery Signatures, avvie by Hakai Studios. Thanks!

Stanard:

WR Grenadier

WW White Grenadier WW

Legacy:

BG 1EverythingGB

Casual:

R AllOutAggro R (49-3)

Quote from apocalypse31
    The second is guaranteed as a T1 deck that is really good, plus its' mana is better. I would choose #2. However, Eminem is correct, comes down to preference. Eminem was not correct, however, for tying Rihanna to the bed and setting the house on fire.
    Quote from luminum can
    Endless Ranks makes tokens equal to half the number of your Zombies, so doubling half is the same as the number of Zombies you control (or one fewer, depending on the rounding breakpoint).

Derp, you're right. I totally misread Endless Ranks, or forgot what its real effect was. Zombies won't be as awesome as I thought, then, but still pretty neat.
    Quote from SomeoneSomewhere
    Artifact
    If the current block matters about graveyards it stops mattering about them.

A perfect description of why Black loves Zombies.

WWWA White mage if you ever saw one.WWW
    Quote from Desolation Angel
    We have a pitchfolk and we have a torch!
    I really hope angry mob or mob justice gets a reprint nod in this set. :p

I could see Angry Mob in this set, fits perfect with white's theme in this set. (Plus who better to grab a torch and a pitchfork)
    Quote from dcartist

I'm sorry... whoever snatched thoroughly earned victory from your grasp, by topdecking the... card. But let him have his fun and enjoy his win... Take the loss graciously, sheesh.
    Garruck Primal hunter ultimate get 12 6/6 Wurms yes please.
    Currently playing
    Dega midrange 1-0
    Parallel lives doesn't work with all the token producing sorceries I believe.. since it says EFFECT.

Am I wrong about that one?
    So, half of Doubling Season is...just "Season"?

This is "fixed" in the sense that Doubling Season was created before planeswalkers and reacts very favorably with them (they all come in with double loyalty). As a result, it's been a huge casual card for a long time. With planeswalkers being massively important nowadays, it was time for an acceptable version.
    On MTGO as Protoman.
    On 7/14/10, broke 1900 mark! <3 ROE.
    I like the new Doubling Season. It works even better for token decks.

Hopefully the more limited functionality doesn't jack up the price, because I want a playset thereof.
    Quote from Iso
    I AM THE CANCER
    I like the new doubling season. I just hope it doesn't end up costing 25$ like the original. This is just wrong for a casual card... Might build around it if it's cheap.
    I do not recommend Carta Magica in Montreal, Qc, Ca

Modern: GRBW assault loam, WBR Slayers, WGR landfall zoo, UG graft/proliferate/evolve/bloodthirst, UB bolas tezz
    Parallel Lives... WHYYY weren't you around during ROE?!?! Lots of fun stuff. People complaining about "omg winterorb shuts down red" need to STFU. Its an artifact which red has no problem blowing up. Leyline of Sanc saw some play but didnt stop red too much.
    To the people that say that a card needs to be a higher rarity because of Limited... I hate you guys so much. I present to you with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY8h2vp5Xis
    Don't know if this has been mentioned but if you have parallel lives down with a Mimic Vat with a Grave Titan imprinted you would get

2 Grave Titan Tokens with Haste
    16 Zombie Tokens (if you attack with both other wise just 8)

That is better then the mythic sorcery and you can do it each turn for 3 mana >
    Well, I was gonna do either B or UB zombies, but I think I need to reevaluate that decision. BG is looking reeeeally tempting now

EDH DECK:
    U Sakashima, the Impostor | Cruel Reflection U
    The only one of these that is remotely playable is the Orb and that is only if RDW remains a deck which im kind of skeptical about
    well, coming close to spoilers time for the night. I wonder how many of these 22 cards will end up being repeated.

nothing new to say on the cards other than the orb is nice.
    Quote from varoan
    well, coming close to spoilers time for the night. I wonder how many of these 22 cards will end up being repeated.

nothing new to say on the cards other than the orb is nice.

Oh god, I hope they dont repeat any of them. I like seeing more new hahaha call me selfish

EDH DECK:
    U Sakashima, the Impostor | Cruel Reflection U
    Artifact that makes you proofed against the hexes, very very cool Smile wish it were tutorable by trinket or treasure mage, but whatever that's asking too much I know.

Also, DOUBLING SEASON ZOMG! Smile makes me very happy indeed
    The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed.
    Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light.

I invision a future where one is not mighty when he can silence a crowd with brutality,
    but when he leaves them speechless with wisdom.

Quote from the_informer
    True, but I stand by my comment about Witchbane Orb being a format altering card in Modern. I can see it being a sideboard staple in that format, especially in Planeswalker heavy decks. Witchbane Orb and Elspeth, Knight Errant will be a house.

Any deck running Elspeth would never bother with Orb, when Leyline of Sanctity does the same thing at the same cost, can come down on turn 0, and is harder to deal wih.
    DCI Level 2 Judge
    Quote from Desolation Angel
    We have a pitchfolk and we have a torch!
    I really hope angry mob or mob justice gets a reprint nod in this set. :p

And One-Eyed Scarecrow is really good. It's the first playable scarecrow I've seen since scarecrone. Yay for Reaper King EDH!

I would love a Angry Mob reprint so bad in this set. Will never happen Frown
    Your signature with what decks you're playing without links to the deck list are as annoying as many threads that should have pictures but don't.
    Quote from tomsloger
    Orb would be better if wed seen any good curses...

Are you wacked? They just gave everyone Leyline of Sanctity. It's sideboard tech, but it's GREAT sideboard tech!

The only drawback is that you can't start with it on the board. And I just check the wording on Leyline and it literally is the same as this card.
    zemanjaski
    "There is a real reason why stronger players like decks with more mana; especially control decks ~ longer games lead to more decision making, which favours the stronger player. How appropriate that line of thinking is will depend on what the meta allows, but when it's possible, I'm always going to play big-mana aggro over sligh ~ it gives me the best possible opportunity to out think and outplay my opponents. "
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes