[ISD] Another Batch: Parallel Lives, One-Eyed Scarecrow, et al

Quote from m00se
    First backfires with opponents creats :/

Second is amazing in limited.

Mr. m00se, it's only your tokens

My Ghave deck loves Innistrad. I cannot wait. Parallel Lives will be great.
    Play Parallel Lives.
    Play Donate.
    Play Hunted Phantasm.
    Play Massacre Wurm.
    Laugh at the overpowering jankiness of this combo!
    Quote from Befuddlement
    Magic players as a whole like blue more than any other color. Blue is the color of nerds.
    Parallel lives and wurmcoil? XD destroy 1, and ultimately get the equivalent of 2 Grin

Standard
    Whatever I can borrow

EDH
    WBG Karador GBW
    WUB Sharuum BUW
    R Purphoros R

WBR Modern Burn RBW
    RWR Legacy Goblins (constructing) RWR

Quote from Boing
    Won't happen. While casual token decks might use Parallel Lives instead, EDH decks will use both cards, and casual counter decks will use only Doubling Season. Plus, plenty of casual token decks might use both.

The commander decks were by far the best possible way to reprint Doubling Season, especially since the card has extreme synergy with two of the generals. Unfortunately, Wizards listened to the secondary market for the reprinting of a card from freaking Ravnica. It's like having a reserve list without the reserve list. Slant

Turn 4 Garruk, Primal Hunter would probably end a lot of standard games.

Yes, token decks in Commander will run both. You only need 1 copy, though. I seriously doubt a well built, casual token deck will want 8 Parallel lives, either. Now, I'm sure the ultra timmies like me will dream of getting a bunch of copies out and making an insane amount of tokens, that's just rediculous overkill.

I'm not saying Doubling Season is going in the jank rare bin, but Parallel Lives could easily knock it down to the $10ish range. Darksteel Forge is around that and got reprinted in Planechase. Reanimate got reprinted in Archenemy. Sol Ring got reprinted in Commander.

Oh, and as for Garruk, a Day of Judgment next turn wipes away all those tokens. In order to be a competitive combo deck, you want a more certain victory than that.
    MTG Rules Advisor
    Parallel Lives- Half of a Doubling Season seems good. Season is usually only used for the token half anyway.
    Witchbane Orb- a much better version of Ivory Mask that's colorless? That seems insane. EDH?
    Scarecrow and Pitchfork- good Limited fodder.
    Quote from flaming infinity

Oh, and as for Garruk, a Day of Judgment next turn wipes away all those tokens. In order to be a competitive combo deck, you want a more certain victory than that.

How about the fact Garruk still has 4 counters and can make 2 3/3's every turn lol. It's a jank combo but one that would end the game if played
    [URL="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3/housedimir/MasterBeeble/IzzetBanner.jpg"][simg]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3/housedimir/MasterBeeble/IzzetBanner.jpg[/simg][/URL] U/R mana U/R mana [B][COLOR=blue]High [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=red][B]Mage [/B][COLOR=blue][B]of [/B][COLOR=red][B]Frontier [/B][COLOR=blue][B]Knowledge [/B][COLOR=red][B]in [/B][COLOR=blue][B]the [/B][COLOR=red][B][Izzet] [/B][COLOR=blue][B]clan:symru: U/R mana[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#f5f5ff]Want to know the secret to chaos [URL="http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=1306"]Click Here[/URL][/COLOR][/COLOR]

BBCode Render failed due to reaching MaxNestingDepth(5) for Tag: color

Parallel Lives + Army of the Damned/Grave Titan = Fun fun fun
    That awkward moment when you realize that 90% of the game dies to removal.
    A couple of interesting cards.

Parallel Lives- it's Doubling Season lite, costing 1 less than DS this is sure to see a lot of play in casual and EDH token decks, in constructed it might have a chance if there is a viable token strategy.

Witchbane Orb- the destroying curses part is okay although thus far Curse of the Stalked Prey is the only highly playable curse, with Curse of Death's Hold being the only other potentially playable one. But the hexproof part makes this a colourless superior Ivory Mask(superior because of destroying curses and because hexproof is better than shroud), and IM has seen a decent amount of play(mainly in the sideboard). If nothing else this will make a nice addition to Tezzeret decks.

The other 2 are ok but doubtful to see much play outside of limited. Although One-Eyed Scarecrow stands a chance to be an okay anti swarm aggro sideboard card.

Machius proudly supports R_E's right to Rumour!
    Quote from Orange Mage
    In general, Machius is right on the button. You should follow his line of thinking.
    parallel lives and all the scars block splicers and precursor golem and cackling counterpart and ZOMG
    I wanna see someone drop parallel lives and then windmill slam the army of the damned =D
    im pretty sure the one sided night of soul's betrayal is decent

Non-Legendary stackable Night of Soul's Betrayal, for that matter...
    The Neo-Doubling Season looks like it'll be awesome. I'm also very happy with all of the artifacts, it seems like even the limited fodder in Innistrad is interesting. Wotc and R&D did a great job on this set (and hopefully this block as well.)

Sig by Rivenor

Cube. The best way to play Magic. PERIOD. Come over and check it out. Also, check out my Peasant Split Card Cube. I Love It When A Plan Comes Together

The World of Pokemon RPG has been rebooted. Come over and check it out. Psyshiro Duckezawa

Set Creation Projects: We Can Do ItArchester: Frontier of Steam Yar! Come over and check out our AWESOME Steampunk set.

(W/U)(U/R)(R/W)(W/U)(U/R)(R/W)(W/U)(U/R)(R/W)(W/U)(U/R)(R/W)(W/U)(U/R)(R/W)(W/U)(U/R)(R/W)(W/U)(U/R)(R/W)(W/U)(U/R)(R/W)(W/U)(U/R)(R/W)(W/U)(U/R)(R/W)(W/U)(U/R)(R/W)(W/U)(U/R)(R/W)(W/U)
    I must make a deck that uses Parallel Lives, Essence of the Wild and Army of the Damned. And it will be a turn 6 accomplishment, somehow.
    woot, half doubling season! combined with doubling season and we have quadrupling season
    The way some people are going on, you'd think they had never seen Ivory Mask or Leyline of Sanctity. Being colorless is nice though, but red can deal with this one a lot easier since it's an artifact.
    DCI Level 2 Judge
    Ha! I saw the picture in the art spoils and I thought to myself: "..pitchfork equipment??" Nice!!

Kinda cool to see another Doubling Season..here's hoping it also costs 1/2 as much ($$) eh? Sweat
    Juggs W/U mana U/R mana R/G mana G/U mana U/B mana B/G mana W/G mana W/B mana B/R mana R/W mana Juggs
    Nude Eternal Witness?
    Wouldn't they have to edit that for the Chinese markets?
    Only if she had skulls for nipples.

Quote from Mike Flores »
    Absolutely nothing but boom booms in this deck.

Blue Deck
    Black Deck
    Red Deck
    Green Deck
    Honestly the Witchbane orb is efficient against red but it is even more efficient against black decks. No discard and no edict effects shuts down back hard and black is hard pressed to find an answer to the orb. As an avid UB player myself, leyline of sanctity is a huge troll of a card. This is as well and will be for any non red/green/white player a big roadblock if it gets sideboarded in.
    Quote from Morphling
    Ha! I saw the picture in the art spoils and I thought to myself: "..pitchfork equipment??" Nice!!

Kinda cool to see another Doubling Season..here's hoping it also costs 1/2 as much ($$) eh? Sweat

Expect it to cost quite a bit less. It's a rare in a new set (making it about twice as common as Doubling Seasons were). Plus 'season was never worth much while it was in standard, it's only really high because it's a sought-after casual and EDH card.
    My Moderator Helpdesk
    Currently Playing:
    Legacy: Something U/W Controlish
    EDH Cube
    Hypercube! A New EDH Deck Every Week(ish)!
    Witchbane Orb=Red Deck Sucks?

Honestly, this card may have more impact on Modern as a format than any other card in Innistrad
    "If you ever write anything like that again...don't sign it." -Mark Lowry

Currently playing:
    Modern: RDW, developing B/G Infect
    G/W Midrange
    EDH: Working on Momir Vig and five color Cromat
    Quote from the_informer
    Witchbane Orb=Red Deck Sucks?

Honestly, this card may have more impact on Modern as a format than any other card in Innistrad

Red doesn't have problems blowing up artifacts.

Practice for Vintage Masters Limited:
    Draft: (#1) (#2) (#3) (#4)
    Wow paralell lives, My uw venser Splicer deck just became bant venser Splicer..... Play blade Splicer get 2 3/3 golems....blink it for 2 more.....seems legit.
    I would like to run it in knights/soilders too but it competes for slots with the cards it most helps (Elspeth and hero)
    Current Decks
    Standard
    BEtched Champion/InfectB
    WSoilders/knightsW
    WUVenser SplicerWU
    RRDWR
    GFeed the Pack comboG
    WUPool of ExhaustionWU
    EDH
    GEzuri, Elf OverrunG
    BGeth, GraverobberB
    UThada Adel, ThiefU
    RUrabrask, Big RedR
    WElesh Norn, CrusadeW
    WUGAngus Makenzie, Bant ControlWUG

Extended
    WGElvesWG

Legacy
    RGoblinsR
    UBGFariesUBG
    UBGRaffinityUBG
    Quote from Etheriel
    The Doubling Season of Veronique looks fantastic. I want to open one in draft and make a GB zombie tokens deck.

YES!

All four of these cards are interesting designs. Sharpened Pitchfork will have a home in one of my MANY future human tribal decks. Grin
    Quote from fnord
    Red doesn't have problems blowing up artifacts.

True, but I stand by my comment about Witchbane Orb being a format altering card in Modern. I can see it being a sideboard staple in that format, especially in Planeswalker heavy decks. Witchbane Orb and Elspeth, Knight Errant will be a house.
    "If you ever write anything like that again...don't sign it." -Mark Lowry

Currently playing:
    Modern: RDW, developing B/G Infect
    G/W Midrange
    EDH: Working on Momir Vig and five color Cromat
    Quote from Smarlow
    Finally, an answer to Storm Crow.dec

This actually made me cry I laughed so hard Grin
    "Jace, the Mind Sculptor will never be banned in Standard." -Every Random Dude Who Confuses Opinions with Facts
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes