[ISD] Another Batch: Parallel Lives, One-Eyed Scarecrow, et al

zomg slow down with the spoils, my heart cannot take it!

also player gets hexproof! omg I should carry that card everywhere with me
    Currently Playing:
    Standard
    U Devotion
    Modern
    UR Twin
    EDH
    RB Voldaren

"The Emperor Protects"
    Anybody read the Prince of Nothing series? Witchbane Orb is a Chorae Smile
    If only it had ":symtap:: Exile target wizard, shaman or druid."

Parallel lives is half a Doubling Season, but that's still good. My Ghave deck rejoices, as it has with most of the set. The rest of the cards are rather unexciting.
    The Commander Gauntlet | Lameria
    BGW Ghave, Guru of Spores | UB Vela the Night-Clad | B Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker | R Norin the Wary | RG Stonebrow, Krosan Hero
    GUB The Mimeoplasm | BRG Kresh the Bloodbraided | RGW Uril the Miststalker | WUB Zur the Enchanter | GW Captain Sisay
    RWU Zedruu the Greathearted | UB Grimgrin, Corpse-Born | BR Kaervek the Merciless | BRG Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
    UBR Nicol Bolas | GUB Damia, Sage of Stone | X Karn, Silver Golem | UR Melek, Izzet Paragon
    Quote from Negator87
    Witchbane Orb 4
    Artifact (R)
    When Witchbane Orb enters the battlefield, destroy all Curses attached to you.
    You have hexproof.
    Illus. John Avon

Another White Leyline?
    Why does WoTC hate burn so much...

They don't. That card is easy to deal with compared to Leyline of Sanctity. It doesn't come out before the game starts and it's an artifact so Manic Vandal and company can come out.
    Check out some good music!
    Do we call it Singling Season?
    And so Doubling Season returns to Standard once again! Because... well... sometimes thirteen 2/2 zombie tokens just aren't enough. You really need twenty six of them to get the job done right :p
    Legacy
    BRUWG Sac Land Tendrils GWURB
    BUWGR Dredge RGWUB

Historic Standard
    BBB 1996 Standard Necropotence BBB
    Quote from Negator87
    Witchbane Orb 4
    Artifact (R)
    When Witchbane Orb enters the battlefield, destroy all Curses attached to you.
    You have hexproof.
    Illus. John Avon

Another White Leyline?
    Why does WoTC hate burn so much...

A colorless leyline. It does not only crush burn. Also crush discard cards for example.
    Quote from Etheriel
    Unfortunately, after it was skipped over in the commander precons, then reprinted as a judge promo, Parallel Lives seems like the last nail in that coffin.

Yup not putting it in Ghave really was a huge hint it will never ever see a reprint, likely because it allows instant ultimates on planeswalkers.

Apart from the obligatory Parallel lives will be played in EDH, this set is so lackluster.
    Im sticking by my original asessment that it's all about snapcaster mage. So I think the tagline for Innistrad should be Tiago and the Timmies.

Great set for flavour and casual cards that will likely see EDH play but no real innovation and then there's those nightmare double sided cards.
    I don't think the sky is falling but I do think this set so far is pretty hit or miss, it's like Kamigawa 2, I'm sure it will have it's fans but it's certainly no Ravnica.
    Link Hero of Un-[Limited] Potential Link
    Image removed due to an invalid URL:

"You're truly a blessing.
    I want you to know
    that I care for you deeply,
    wherever I go"

Link

Quote from VestDan »

Btw, Belgareth... could you give the rest of us awesomeness lessons? Please?

Quote from MandersHex
    Belgareth, I second the quote in your sig. You should teach a class.
    ZOMG HALF DOUBLING SEASON!!!! Don't you dare go over $5!!!!
    Current Decks:
    WUBSolar ReanimatorBUW
    RRRKuldotha RedRRR

Casual:

UBRGrixis ControlRBU
    RGShaman AggroGR
    GGGEldrazi RampGGG
    GGGMGArtifact AggroGGG
    WWWAkroma's SoldiersWWW
    GWTreefolk Ahoy!WG
    BRNecroskitter WitherRB
    WBStillmoon StrikerBW

EDH:
    Ashling, the Pilgrim
    Momir Vig, Simic Visionary
    Cromat
    Garza Zol, Plague Queen
    Verdeloth the Ancient
    Quote from Heartwork
    Balls-out aggro. Hit them with millions of creatures before they have time to do stuff. Plus, it's the manliest deck type ever.
    Parallel Lives + Mentor of the Meek + Garruk Relentless + Elspeth Tirel ?

Whoever says this set doesn't look awesome doesn't have a soul.
    Check out some good music!
    Quote from Jin15
    And so Doubling Season returns to Standard once again! Because... well... sometimes thirteen 2/2 zombie tokens just aren't enough. You really need twenty six of them to get the job done right :p

doesn´t it only work with "effects". Not sure if that spell counts as an effect. I immediately thought elspeth tirel there though OMG

A huge thanks to Argetlam and the guys at Hakai studios for this awesome banner Grin
    Blade Splicer

just got really effecient...
    Ehhhhhhhhh good cards but none of them are really my slice of pie.
    [EDH Primers] Jenara | Marton | Thrun | Lin Sivvi | Toshiro
    [EDHNon-Primer] Obzedat
    [STANDARD]
    [MODERN]UWR Flash Control

My helpdesk
    Quote from Shadowrulz
    ZOMG HALF DOUBLING SEASON!!!! Don't you dare go over $5!!!!

I loled so hard with this one... For tokens deck only though, doesn´t seem too good outside a token deck.

A huge thanks to Argetlam and the guys at Hakai studios for this awesome banner Grin
    Quote from Belgareth
    Yup not putting it in Ghave really was a huge hint it will never ever see a reprint, likely because it allows instant ultimates on planeswalkers.

I'm still holding out for a From the Vault: Tokens reprint, but yeah, that's probably the only place it'll be seen again.
    :selesnya::selesnya::selesnya::symgw::symgw::symgw::symg::symw::symg::symw: Selesnya FTW :symw::symg::symw::symg::symgw::symgw::symgw::selesnya::selesnya::selesnya:
    Quote from nameless
    I pray that Parallel Lives does not mean we won't ever see doubling season again. I traded mine for some dollar card long ago and now i cry inside every time i see an EDH deck.

Sadly, Doubling Season probably won't be coming back because its other effect makes a lot of Planeswalkers just plain broken. Frown
    The card nearly every spoiled Magic player dreams of:

Jace's Trolling --- 0 mana

Instant

Split Second
    Exile target spell, then return Jace's Trolling to its owner's hand.

"Yeah, sure... when pigs fly."
    -Mark Rosewater about printing this card
    Quote from Jin15

Omg that's nice. BG Combo and if we did get DoJ'ed then we can just use Fresh Meat since we have green splash Grin
    Currently Playing:
    Standard
    U Devotion
    Modern
    UR Twin
    EDH
    RB Voldaren

"The Emperor Protects"
    Quote from Dark_Einherjar
    Sadly, Doubling Season probably won't be coming back because its other effect makes a lot of Planeswalkers just plain broken. Frown

Which is 80% of the reason DS is such a "great" card. I'm happy with this one, though. It's so much less busted.
    Embrace reality. Deal with the facts, live with the truth.
    Witchbane Orb can replace Leyline of Sanctity now that its rotating and anyone can play it.
    Orb is an excellent card for mono-brown staxx based decks. It's a leyline of sanctity that you don't have to hope to draw it in your opening hand.

Huge improvement over Ivory mask anyway. The big difference is that this is non-white, although the downside is that you have to actually cast it. But hey, mono-green can use this too! The worst color vs combo.
    Daydreaming of GW Parallel Lives with Elspeth Tirel, Garruk, Primal Hunter, Timely Reinforcements.

Beast Within my own perm for 2 3/3 beasts seems good.

If I attack with Hero of Bladehold, I assume all 4 tokens are tapped and attacking?
    I love parallel lives. its doubling season without the counters so its not OP with PWs. Imagine it with Hero of Bladehold? Sweet lord.

Modern:
    Affinity

EDH:
    Rhys (Tokens)
    Karrthus (Dragons)
    Bruna (Auras OP)
    Quote from Jared P
    Blade Splicer

just got really effecient...

Maul Splicer? Suddenly aggressively costed.
    Vital Splicer? Abusable.
    Precursor Golem? More like Precursor to Gangrape.

But yeah, GW Gollums will probably make for a pretty fun deck come October.
    "He's the Micheal Jordan of drunk driving, and he played his last game tonight~"
    witchbane orb, if this comes out versus burn decks, game over. if you aren't dead already.

If all these spoils are from the same source, why not just release them all at once. This doesn't mean I don't love the person for doing it. Awesome to have more than 3-6 spoils in a day. Plus, a number of them excite me and aren't rares.
    Parallel Lives will probably move around a lot, but I'm still unsure about how good it'll be in standard. Definitely good to pick it up for EDH, though. I'll take it, but I still hesitate to call this (Standard) game-changing. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. But I do like Witchbane Orb. Better than Ivory Mask and playable in all colors. Standard-usable (outside sideboard)? Probably not hugely, but it's still nice.
    Mini Doubling Season is pretty cool.

Love the flavor on the Scarecrow...Scarecrows are supposed to repel birds so it fits nicely.

Witchbane Orb may take the place of Leyline of Sanctity as a sideboard card for people that want that effect.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes