[NPH] Entire Set Spoiled

Infect. Wow. Just wow.

1/1 infector for G? Check.
    Bunch of decent infect cards at common? Check.
    Infect reach spell, albeit at sorcery speed? Check.
    Infect creatures that circumvent blocking, via evasion or alternate damage mechanism? Check.

Show me the red, baby.

~M
    Any chance we can get the artifacts up? Smile appreciate it luminum.
    Check out some good music!
    Quote from SicksEyeUrn
    Green is the big winner in this set. BIG winner.

I came to the opposite conclusion, but maybe I'm not looking at the right cards. Green has some cool stuff and a lot more mediocre stuff. Beast Within is nice, though.
    Currently playing:
    Standard:
    UW Control UW
    R Aggro R

EDH:
    UBGThe MimeoplasmUBG
    Quote from velict
    I came to the opposite conclusion, but maybe I'm not looking at the right cards. Green has some cool stuff and a lot more mediocre stuff. Beast Within is nice, though.

Beast Within makes you want to splash Green, regardless of what other colours you're playing.
    Posting Artifacts now, while Luminum is doing red

Alloy Myr 3
    Artifact Creature - Myr {U}
    T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
    2/2

Batterskull 5
    Artifact - Equipment {M}
    Living Weapon
    Equipped Creature gets +4/+4 and has vigilance and Lifelink
    3: Return ~ to its owner's hand.
    Equip 5

Blinding Souleater 3
    Artifact Creature {C}
    :sympw:, :symt:: Tap target creature. (:sympw: can be paid with either white mana or 2 life.)
    1/3

Caged Sun 6
    Artifact {R}
    As ~ enters the battlefield, choose a color.
    Creatures you control of the chosen color get +1/+1.
    Whenever a land's ability adds one or more mana of the chosen color to your mana pool, ad one additional mana of that color to your mana pool.

Conversion Chamber 3
    Artifact {U}
    ,T: Exile target artifact card from a graveyard. Put a charge counter on ~.
    ,T, Remove a charge counter from ~: Put a 3/3 colorless Golem artifact creature token onto the battlfield.

Darksteel Relic 0
    Artifact {U}
    ~ is indestructible.

Etched Monstrosity 5
    Artifact Creature - Golem {M}
    ~ enters the battlefield with five -1/-1 counters on it.
    WUBRG, Remove five -1/-1 counters from ~: Target player draws three cards.
    10/10

Gremlin Mine 1
    Artifact {C}
    ,T, Sacrifice ~: ~ deals 4 damage to target artifact creature.
    ,T, Sacrifice ~: Remove up to 4 charge counters from target non-creature artifact.

Hex Parasite 1
    Artifact Creature - Insect {R}
    X:sympb:: Remove up to X counters from target permanent. For each counter removed this way, ~ gets +1/+0 until end of turn. (:sympb: can be paid with either black mana or 2 life.)
    1/1

Hovermyr 2
    Artifact Creature - Myr {C}
    Flying, Vigilance
    1/2

Immolating Souleater 2
    Artifact Creature - Hound {C}
    :sympr:: ~ gets +1/+0 uneil end of turn. (:sympr: can be paid with either Ror 2 life)
    1/1

Insatiable Souleater 4
    Artifact Creature - Beast {C}
    :sympg:: ~ gains trample until end of turn. (:sympg: can be paid with either Gor 2 life)
    5/1

Isolation Cell 4
    Artifact {U}
    Whenever an opponent casts a creature spell, that player loses 2 life unless her or she pays 2.

Kiln Walker 3
    Artifact Creature - Construct {U}
    Whenever ~ attacks, it gets +3/+0 until end of turn.
    0/3

Lashwrithe 4
    Artifact - Equipment {R}
    Living Weapon
    Equipped Creature gets +1/+1 for each Swamp you control.
    Equip :sympb::sympb: (:sympb: can be paid with either Bor 2 life)

Mindcrank 2
    Artifact {U}
    Whenever an opponent loses life, that player puts that mana cards from the top of his or her library into his or her graveyard. (Damage dealt by sources without infect causes loss of life.)

Mycosynth Wellspring 2
    Artifact {C}
    When ~ enters the battlefield or is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, you may search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.

Myr Superion 2
    Artifact Creature - Myr {R}
    Spend only mana produced by creatures to cast ~.
    5/6

Necropouncer 6
    Artifact - Equipment {U}
    Living Weapon
    Equipped creature gets +3/+1 and has haste.
    Equip 2

Omen Machine 6
    Artifact {R}
    Players can't draw cards.
    At the beginning of each player's draw step, that player exiles the top card of his or her library. It it is a land card, the player puts it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, the player casts it without paying its mana cost if able.

Pestilent Souleater 5
    Artifact Creature - Insect {C}
    :sympb:: ~ gains infect until end of turn. (:sympb: can be paid with either Bor 2 life)
    3/3

Phyrexian Hulk 6
    Artifact Creatre - Golem {C}
    5/4

Pristine Talisman 3
    Artifact {C}
    T: Add 1 to your mana pool. You gain 1 life.

Shrine of Bounless Growth 3
    Artifact {U}
    At the beginning of your upkeep of whenever you cast a green spell, put a charge counter on ~.
    T, Sacrifice ~: Add 1 to your mana pool for each charge counter on ~.

Shrine of Burning Rage 2
    Artifact {U}
    At the beginning of your upkeep of whenever you cast a red spell, put a charge counter on ~.
    ,T, Sacrifice ~: ~ deals damage equal to the number of charge counters on it to target creature or player.

Shrine of Limitless Power 3
    Artifact {U}
    At the beginning of your upkeep of whenever you cast a black spell, put a charge counter on ~.
    ,T, Sacrifice ~: Target player discards a card for each charge counter on ~.

Shrine of Loyal Legions 2
    Artifact {U}
    At the beginning of your upkeep of whenever you cast a white spell, put a charge counter on ~.
    ,T, Sacrifice ~: Put a 1/1 colorless Myr artifact creature token onto the battlefield for each charge counter on ~.

Shrine of Piercing Vision 2
    Artifact {U}
    At the beginning of your upkeep of whenever you cast a blue spell, put a charge counter on ~.
    T, Sacrifice ~: Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of charge counters on ~. Put one of those cards into your hand, and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.

Sickleslicer 3
    Artifact - Equipment {U}
    Living weapon
    Equipped creature gets +2/+2.
    Equip 4

Soul Conduit 6
    Artifact {R}
    ,T: Two target players exchange life totals.

Spellskite 2
    Artifact Creature - Horror {R}
    :sympu::Change a target of target spell of ability to ~. (:sympu: can be paid with either Uor 2 life)
    0/4

Surge Node 1
    Artifact {U}
    ~ enters the battlefield with six charge counters on it.
    ,T, Remove a charge counter from ~: Put a charge counter on target artifact.

Sword of War and Peace 3
    Artifact - Equipment {M}
    Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protections from red and from white.
    Wheneer equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, ~ deals damage to that player equal to the number of cards in his or her hand, and you gain 1 life for each card in your hand.

Torpor Orb 2
    Artifact {R}
    Creature entering the battlefield don't cause abilities to trigger.

Tresspassing Souleater 3
    Artifact Creature - Construct {C}
    :sympu:: ~ is unblockable this turn. (:sympu: can be paid with either Uor 2 life)
    2/2

Unwinding Clock 4
    Artifact {R}
    Untap all artifacts you control during each other player's untap step.

BAM! DONE!
    Last edited by DemigodOfRevenge: 4/19/2011 7:45:54 PM

Take a mechanic from the pre-mirrodin era, and a mechanic after the mirrodin era, and create a card that flavorfully melds both mechanics.
    I'm sure WotC will be a little annoyed, but I think when they start seeing more and more boxes flying off the shelves as people clamber for pre-orders, their tunes will change as the dollar signs climb.

Also, TWO forms of Black mass removal, at different rarities, at the same CMC, Uncommon and Rare respectively, one obviously better than the other, but both useful. Add to the previous black mass removal from MiB, and... wow.

This set has literally something for everyone, in every format. If anything the draw of this set lies equally with the C/U as it does with the R/M parts, which is what a GOOD SET SHOULD BE. Karn leads the Mythics, many good rares abound, along with a stable of excellent Uncommons, and very useful commons. Just... wow. I'm speechless at how awesome flavorful, artistically beautiful, and mechanically masterful this set is. Grand Slam, WotC, Grand Slam, so don't feel too bad about the absurdly easy set spoil, because here comes the cash...
    I never got this whole "spoil it at this date, everyone who does it earlier get consequences" thing.

I mean, the set was going to be shown to the public eventually, why would they care if it was shown the 19 of april instead of the 13 of may? The set won't get released any faster because of this.

On topic: that blue preator must have one of the most "I win" effect in magic history... 1st effect: Draw a hand-ful of cards each turn. 2nd effect: your opponent is in topdeck mode. I would definately hate to get that played against me. It cost 10 but still... Reanimate anyone? XD
    just read through pdf, holy crap, this set is powerful stuff.
    ok. beast within is bananas and will def be going in my eldrazi green.

Currently playing

Some of you may think that you have made great mistakes in your lives, and perhaps you have. But let me ask you this.... did you ever play strip poker with two fat chicks and win?

Cockatrice name: Ninja Nate
    Quote from Khalkaroth
    I never got this whole "spoil it at this date, everyone who does it earlier get consequences" thing.

It's an NDA. Very common in most industries.
    Currently playing:
    Standard:
    UW Control UW
    R Aggro R

EDH:
    UBGThe MimeoplasmUBG
    Now this is a set. Best of the block by a mile. I don't want to start comparing it to the last few years' sets, but it looks as though it could hold its own. Nice stuff on so many levels.
    U
    Man...every color so far is making out pretty well. This set is pretty nuts. Ive been tinkering with Mono-Black since scars, and lord knows I got some serious help.
    This set means business! Read through the spoiler with my mouth open, reveling in the awesome card designs (defensive stance, anyone? how awesomely designed is that?) and the incredible art! I can't wait for wallpaper season!
    Currently Playing:

Standard
    Nowt

Modern
    GWU Next Level Blue

Legacy
    UW Mono-U Control

Commander
    BGW Ghave
    (developing)
    UBG The Mimeoplasm
    WUBRG Horde of Notions
    It's been said that wizards is trying to slow down the format, but honestly, with spells being free or near free, I have a hard time seeing slow decks being the ones to look out for.

Hey look I have a page of alters!

Level 1 Judge!

Standard

- Bloodclock (Bloodchief Ascension/Grindclock proliferate) RBR
    - Koth Deck Wins RRR

EDH

- BUOona, Queen of the FaeBU
    - BRWOros, the AvengerWRB
    - WURNumot the TrollRUW

Sale Thread!

CHARGIN' MAH TRADE THREAD
    I agree that an MBC is making the comeback with this set.

Currently playing

Some of you may think that you have made great mistakes in your lives, and perhaps you have. But let me ask you this.... did you ever play strip poker with two fat chicks and win?

Cockatrice name: Ninja Nate
    The uncommons in this set are just incredible.
    Quote from velict

I agree with you; things seem either too pricey or too situational to be useful. Very few utility and generally good cards in green, Beast Within and Noxious Revival being the only ones that immediately jump to the eye.

Blue and Black, on the other hand, are chock-full of powerful utility that may yet empower cards from previous sets and catapult them into the competitive scene.
    "To be different is to be alone." - Aldous Huxley
    Postmortem Lunge kinda feels like a Gruesome Encore.
    Legacy - Cat Sligh:symr::symg::symw:
    Modern - Green & Taxes:symw::symg:
    Standard - Illusions:symu::symb:
    Luminum, your priest of urabrask and Rage extractor are a little symbol happy.

Bludgeon Brawl - I lol'd when I read it. So johnny

Extra Special thanks to SushiOtter of Hakai Studios. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    I think this is possibly the best set in years. There are some great Johnny cards in here.
    burn in hell jace2 Dance

Chances of bad hands (<2 or >4 land):

21: 28.9%
    22: 27.5%
    23: 26.3%
    24: 25.5%
    25: 25.1%
    26: 25.3%
    Quote from Fizzler
    It's not a force spike, might want to read that one again.

Roger, roger, I got that one wrong, but the rest of these is so friggin' useful!
    Red cards added, some missing black cards added.
    Wow, how long since we've had leaks like this?
    This is crazy. And the set is crazy awesome. I only wish the whole block was as insane as this set seems to be!
    I might cash out of magic due to this set. Absolutely ridiculous set for eternal formats. Breaks a lot of rules
    That which nourishes me, destroys me
    Former Legacy Mod :: Cube
    Quote from Samyueru

I mean, hell, we're all on a forum for something that most people would describe as a "children's card game"...do what makes you happy. You are never too old to enjoy yourself.
    Red is up - Infect pinger for 3R and phyrexian mana Lava Dart! Interesting to say the least. Smile
    Part of [The Crafters]
    EDH decks: ~ WUBRG The Eternal Wall ~
    Fun. Fun. Fun.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes