[NPH] Entire Set Spoiled

Quote from Magister_Returns
    Wow - Mental Misstep...stinks... Or am I missing something?

I was really hoping for that degenerate free counterspell, too.

~M

Youre missing that it counters aether vial, sensei's top, thoughtseize, goblin lackey, and about 100 other legacy-playable cards.
    Quote from dademan
    Looking at the Godbook now...and I've got to say, this set looks amazing, if it is real.

Seriously? I find even that level of skepticism annoying, and not directing this specifically at you, but there are a number of people who saw these spoilings today with more skepticism than necessary, and it boggles my mind. Do you really think somebody would've gone through the effort of making the entire Godbook as a hoax? Finding all the relevant art we've never seen before and making it himself? Do you even realize how much effort that would entail??

Consider all the NPH cards 99.999999999999% spoiled and confirmed.

Smile Cool Evil Mad Grin
    WUBRG

Quote from hamtastic
    Asking out a girl is like trying to cast a first turn Necropotence. Sometimes the other player will have the Force of Will to say no. You shouldn't let that stop you from trying it.

I feel REALLY bad for WotC. Frown

My compulsion is going to make me read everything anyway. Slant
    Contemplations: Panglacial Wurm , Using Morph , White Weenie

>> My Cube <<
    Quote from Ohms
    Seriously? I find even that level of skepticism annoying, and not directing this specifically at you, but there are a number of people who saw these spoilings today with more skepticism than necessary, and it boggles my mind. Do you really think somebody would've gone through the effort of making the entire Godbook as a hoax? Finding all the relevant art we've never seen before and making it himself? Do you even realize how much effort that would entail??

That would be, like, making an entire new Magic set. Grin

Take a mechanic from the pre-mirrodin era, and a mechanic after the mirrodin era, and create a card that flavorfully melds both mechanics.
    Quote from MakoEyesX
    Youre missing that it counters aether vial, sensei's top, thoughtseize, goblin lackey, and about 100 other legacy-playable cards.

Ah, thanks. The perils of being a limited-only player, I guess.

~M
    Quote from pervythemilkman
    Does this mean we can't attach images either?

To be honest, I'm reluctant to. Users that do are doing so at their own risk. For now, it's the file itself that really worries me (hence why I'm not kiboshing the leak altogether), but I'm not entirely sure just how risky the images are.
    Quote from {mikeyG}
    To be honest, I'm reluctant to. Users that do are doing so at their own risk. For now, it's the file itself that really worries me (hence why I'm not kiboshing the leak altogether), but I'm not entirely sure just how risky the images are.

Hopefully not too risky. I'll take them down if WoTC asks me too... at this point its out there though... and sites have been spoiling images for years without reaction. I've taken down the god book because it just doesn't make sense to have it up there...
    try { gumOnShoe.cardCollection(); /*See more by me.*/ } catch(ThinkOfTheGameException e) {
    if (gumOnShoe.isAwesome()==42) { gumOnShoe.win();}
    else { System.out.println("I just lost the game."); gumOnShoe.lose(); }
    }
    A part of me thinks this may have been done in order to calm the "BAN JACE" talk down. Seriously. Now we can go two weeks of people seeing Caw-Blade continue to dominate, but...I don't think there will be serious "OMG SO BROKEN NEEDS TO BE BANNED" in those couple of weeks. Just a thought.
    U
    this would be a really cool and clever ploy by wizards if this was all fake,like a good old fashioned switch-a-roo.
    Black cards added.
    Quote from gumOnShoe
    Hopefully not too risky. I'll take them down if WoTC asks me too... at this point its out there though... and sites have been spoiling images for years without reaction. I've taken down the god book because it just doesn't make sense to have it up there...

Yes and No to the sites spoiling images. Sometimes Wizards will give them cards and sometimes they're stolen mental property.

Wizards can permaban you from sanctioned events and/or threaten litigation.

Extra Special thanks to SushiOtter of Hakai Studios. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Damn, wish I could see the current reaction at the WoTC offices. Can't imagine they're too happy right now.

What an awesome set though.
    Oooww, i wanted to see the darksteel/blight platinum angel they showed in the mirrodin pure mock up...

I bet it´ll be in the next set... i hope..
    Check out my work at Golden Eagle's Altered Art blog
    http://alteredartmagic.blogspot.com/search/label/Nicolarre

or in my Humble Alter Gallery at DeviantArt: http://nicolarre.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Quote from Crypt Rat
    I feel REALLY bad for WotC. Frown

My compulsion is going to make me read everything anyway. Slant

Yeah, I feel really bad about them losing a couple of weeks worth of 'mystery & surprises* and having their new set hyped up and getting people to throw disproportionate amounts of money at them for cardboard that is inherently worth pretty much nothing in material value Frown

Someone's getting fired for sure though. I'm sure they have a means of seeing who accessed what file and when.

Smile Cool Evil Mad Grin
    WUBRG

Quote from hamtastic
    Asking out a girl is like trying to cast a first turn Necropotence. Sometimes the other player will have the Force of Will to say no. You shouldn't let that stop you from trying it.

Yes and No to the sites spoiling images. Sometimes Wizards will give them cards and sometimes they're stolen mental property.

Wizards can permaban you from sanctioned events and/or threaten litigation.

Exactly. Believe me, you do not want to be on the wrong side of WotC when it comes to leaks of this nature. Players have been discharged from all sanctioned play, sites have been threatened with shutdowns, people have been sued. And I'm sure they've fired some from their staff.

Don't get involved if you don't want to take on the risks.
    Quote from NinjaNate
    where is the red and black cards?

If they aren't listed yet, people are working on them.
    Currently playing:
    Standard:
    UW Control UW
    R Aggro R

EDH:
    UBGThe MimeoplasmUBG
    Quote from Ohms

to tell the truth, I was skeptical until about... 1 minute ago, when I found out the source.
    Not a fan of the duress, but I guess there's not much I can do about it.
    L-1 Judge
    It's kind of another moment when we throw our hands up and go "DAMMIT universe, why you gotta always make me look bad in front of everyone?".
    Not as many black infect creatures as I would have liked to of seen. If we draft this first its going to be much harder to justify going infect.
    You use a pain land? Okay, I am now "winning" DEAL WITH THAT

If you cant kill a planeswalker, you are not playing magic.
    Hold on Ohms, not everyone here knows about Godbooks and whatnot. I wasn't sure until I heard that was the source (which confirmed it for me).

Well, this is certainly going to be a very, VERY interesting draft environment.
    wow the set is good
    Despise is awesome

1 mana discard creature or PWalker
    that is quite great.
    black will have fun with it
    We got our solid CMC 1 infect creature!
    Part of [The Crafters]
    EDH decks: ~ WUBRG The Eternal Wall ~
    Fun. Fun. Fun.
    These cards seem rediculous. Unsummon with life removal? A "free" force spike? An unblockable infect creature? A wall with backlash? I didn't want to, but I'm gonna buy a box of this set because this is Sparta... I mean insane.
    I do NOT recommend CCGHouse.com

The Walking Dead - Legacy
    Trade me for my Tundra and U. Sea!
    If you sent me 2 Theros Thoughtseize, please PM me immediately.
    Green is the big winner in this set. BIG winner.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Tiamat, Chromatic Dragon RWUBG
    Planeswalker - Tiamat

[+1] Sit on Nicol Bolas
    [+0] Wait for him to beg for mercy, rule the multiverse.
    [-7] Not necessary, she is the ultimate.
    Quote from saintskeith
    wow the set is good
    Despise is awesome

1 mana discard creature or PWalker
    that is quite great.
    black will have fun with it

The question is whether or not it is better than Duress. It is a metagame decision and we will have to see based on how the format moves when it rotates.

That said, jace decks did get a counterspell to **** all over despise.

Extra Special thanks to SushiOtter of Hakai Studios. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Quote from Krimson Viper
    These cards seem rediculous. Unsummon with life removal? A "free" force spike? An unblockable infect creature? A wall with backlash? I didn't want to, but I'm gonna buy a box of this set because this is Sparta... I mean insane.

It's not a force spike, might want to read that one again.
    I'm Fizzler on LackeyCCG, let's play some games
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes