[WWK] Lavaclaw Reaches

I believe the issue with comes into play tapped is actually that the wording should be enters the battlefield tapped as for the land itself, the last red manland was rarely played and the back one that produced a dredge skeleton was actually rather good, but again wasn't terribly well played. late game post day of judgement etc this might be a fine closer to funnel your mana into.
    Verified casual combo player
    "I feel like I haven't done my job unless somebody says, 'How the hell is that supposed to work?'" - Mark Rosewater

Collecting Islands need:
    Unhinged & Unglued
    Arena: Donato Giancola, Tony Szczudlo, Anson Maddocks, John Avon (ravnica)
    European Land Program: Ben Thompsom, Eric Peterson, Ben Thompson
    Fifth Edition J. W. Frost Islands foil
    Two toughness is terrible.
    Can't wait for the others.
    Does this prove that they will only be friendly colored?

LOL
    Quote from Gaea"s Regent
    ... --- --..-- / .. / --. --- - / .- / .-- .- .-. -. .. -. --. / ..-. --- .-. / -.-. . -. ... --- .-. / . ...- .- ... .. --- -. --..-- / -... ..- - / .. / -.. --- / -. --- - / -... . .-.. .. . ...- . / .. - / .. ... / ..-. .- .. .-. --..-- / -... . -.-. .- ..- ... . / .. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / .... .- ...- . / - --- / .--. ..- - / -- -.-- / -.. --- - ... / .- -. -.. / -.. .- ... .... . ... / .. -. - --- / .- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - --- .-. / .. -. / --- .-. -.. . .-. / - --- / ..-. .. -. -.. / --- ..- - / .-- .... .- - / .-- --- .-. -.. / .. .----. -- / - .-. -.-- .. -. --. / - --- / .--. --- ... - --..-- / - .... . -. / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / -.-- --- ..- / -.-. --- -. ... .. -.. . .-. / .-- .-. .. - .. -. --. / .-..-. .--- --- -.. . .-. .-..-. / .. -. / ... .--. .- -. .. ... .... / -.-. . -. ... --- .-. / . ...- .- ... .. --- -. ..--.. / .- -. -.-- .-- .- -.-- --..-- / .. / -.- -. --- .-- / .. - .----. ... / .- / -- . .-. . / .-- .- .-. -. .. -. --. --..-- / .- -. -.. / - .... .- - / -. --- - .... .. -. --. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -... . / -.. --- -. . / .- -... --- ..- - / .. - --..-- / -... ..- - / .. / .--- ..- ... - / -.. --- -. .----. - / .- --. .-. . . / .-- .. - .... / - .... .. ... / .-. ..- .-.. .. -. --. .-.-.- / .. .----. .-.. .-.. / -... . / -.-. .- .-. . ..-. ..- .-.. / .. -. / - .... . / ..-. ..- - ..- .-. . / -. --- -. . - .... . .-.. . ... ... .-.-.-

This is trolling. -Galspanic

You have been banned for violating our forum rules. If you would like to appeal this ban, please create a thread here.

Reason: Habitual trolling - no hint that it will stop.
    http://www.diestoremoval.com/
    I hate it when they put additional mana abilities on manlands. Takes to much mana to both activate and make a decent creature out of it. A bit like the black original man land which had 1b: activate and extra regenerate cost.
    I am sorry for my bad english grammar and sentence structure, english is not my first language.

~My signatures are made by myself :)~
    it can't be called Lavaclaw Region as i previously stated because region does not appear in the orb or can it?
    CASUAL
    green manaGarruk's Predatorsgreen mana
    black manaLiliana's Corruptionblack mana

NOW YOU'VE LET OUT THE BEAST!!!
    teehee, just pictured this looking across the table at a quicksand. d'oh!
    I presume we can all expect a man-land cycle now. I wonder what the others will behold.

[sigpicmap]
    [rect=33,66,133,88]http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=206110[/rect]
    [rect=251,67,347,90]http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=211881[/rect]
    [rect=478,68,566,86]http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=208005[/rect]
    [/sigpicmap]

Thanks to Spiderboy4 DarkNightCavalier and XenoNinja at Heroes of the Plane Studios for the AMAZING sig pic and avvy. Grin

Oh wait, that Eldrazi only costs 8 to cast now.
    An Elemental with an activated ability for X. Without the "X can't be 0" wording of Aeon Chronicler etc.

You know what this means?

Ceaseless Searblades becomes arbitrarily large, every turn! (Okay, every turn you have the mana to activate the land. But still.)
    Designing a custom cardset? Multiverse is an online database for your cards!
    I assembled a Turing machine in Magic, proving that Magic is Turing Complete
    See my generator of random Magic cards, or some of the best random cards it's made, or play - with - them! Cool

Awesome banner from the [Æther]
    Hmm this isnt so good ..
    But its fine with me as long as BR doesnt get boosted Smile . (and we knew that not ALL 5 manlands would be high-playable right? )
    Quote from aleisterc80
    "comes into play tapped" ??? Am I the only one that sees it ?

Well, the german translators thought the change wasn't needed, I guess because the german language is a lot more clearer considering the "play" issue - I mean, it is still the same word in german, but "Spiel" and "spielen" usually don't confuse anyone, as at least the noun is always written in capital letters...

The land itself looks pretty decent. Probably not as good as the WU one, but in an aggressive red-black deck with blightning and stuff, you can definitely run 2-3 of those and they just win you some games.

@alextfish: Nice catch! Grin
    Sometimes those with the most sin cast the first stones.
    Quote from alextfish
    An Elemental with an activated ability for X. Without the "X can't be 0" wording of Aeon Chronicler etc.

You know what this means?

Ceaseless Searblades becomes arbitrarily large, every turn! (Okay, every turn you have the mana to activate the land. But still.)

That's...

Actually, really cool. O_O

It might make a deck in extended, although we already have a combo deck that makes a big dude that dies to removal
    EDH/Commander Generals
    RGWMayael the AnimaRGW
    BGGlissa, the TraitorBG
    UGEdric, Spymaster of TrestUG
    URMelek, Izzet ParagonUR

Quote from Phil
    Things like people are describing in this argument do not happen consistently enough unless your play group is you, your pillow, the vacuum, and the drugs you're smoking.
    Quote from emeraldhero
    it can't be called Lavaclaw Region as i previously stated because region does not appear in the orb or can it?

I'm going to assume that it's Lavaclaw Reaches for now. ~Reaches~ has three hits.

1, 2 - The TS angel wasn't Serra, and doesn't have Echo, Echo; 3 - Mindstab has suspend, not split second; 4 to 125 - TS bonus cards exist, not added in Development; 126 - Linessa is a legend; 127 - Vengeant is a planeswalker; 128 - Golden Lotus was fake; 129 - Only 3 Eldrazi Titans; 130 - Scars factions not equal; 131 - Besieged not split; 132 - Corrupted Conscience ; 133-137 - M12 Titans
    Anti-Crows - 5
    1 to 5 - The new card type introduced in Lorwyn will be Planeswalker.
    if we check the WU land and the BR, the BR needs one more ability to be good like the WU, WU has vigilance and fly, BR only pump, i think a B:regenerate saves the day... =/ bleh land
    ...ʇsod ʎɯ ǝǝs noʎ buıɥɔʇɐʍ ɯɐ ı
    Deck Building Primer - Casual Grin
    Sliver Primer - Casual Grin Share your tips with us !!
    Want To Buy List Cool Please Check !!

Now Playing:
    Excaliboros R(R/W)W / Maverick G(G/W)W
    Bant Pro Excalibur (G/U)W(G/U) / Merfolk (W/U)U(U/B)
    Quote from Guinea Pig
    I'm going to assume that it's Lavaclaw Reaches for now. ~Reaches~ has three hits.

Reaches makes sense - that's a name that makes it clear it's a land.
    Good in BR decks, if those exist (another finisher for the BR Crypt Combo?) in addition to Refuge and Dragonskull Summit. No other deck is replacing Summit for this.
    Magic players never disappoint.
    Meh. It doesn't scream "broken" like Celestial does, but a 2/2 for three that can Enrage might have enough strategic appeal to maybe take a one-of spot in a Tier deck.
    "If you don't wear your seatbelt, the police will shoot you in the head."
    - To my youngest sister when she was 6.

Everyone knows that good luck and good game are such insincere terms that any man who does not connect his right hook with the offender's jaw on the very utterance of such a phrase is no man I would consider as such.

Quote from Ninja Caterpie

Last time it went large-small-large, it went "happy adventure land", "mana filled happy adventure land", "DEAD MANA ELDRAZI OVERRUN SAD DEFENSE LAND."
    i'm trying to convince myself that these dual-man-lands are good.....but i'm struggling....
    I am NOT the girl in my avatar. Stop hitting on me. I'm a dude, just like you!
    This is actually a nice boon to B/R, even if it's weaker than the U/W manland. People mocking its low power have a way too short memory indeed. Remember Vithu-Ghazi only gave you a 1/1 a turn for the cost of 4 mana, and that would easily be enough to win an attrition war.

Never underestimate a card that does two separate things, even if it seems too expensive for what it does. I remember when Blightning was spoiled, everyone said it sucked as hard as Mind Rot. Same for Profane Command, a lot of people were insisting it was terrible because individually, any one of its effects were too weak for an X-spell.
    Quote from nightspirit
    The Bushido Codex is clear at this - ponza is not listed amongst the Seven Virtues.

Quote from ludd_gang
    sirpsychosexy, this is an unfortunate thread to start given your namesake.
    No deck should replace Summit with this, but it's likely to replace Akoum Refuge in the few decks that run them. Of existing T2 decks, Bloodquake will be packing 4 of this no question. And they often have the late game mana to burn.
    Don't Jund decks usually pay 1BR for Blightning?
    Currently Testing (T2):
    RGW Naya Ooze Garden
    This being so much like Demonspine Whip makes me hope the GW one is a treetop village with lifelink.
    You guys are seriously underestimating the power of a land like this in a game that drags out. This gives you something to do with all your mana later in the game and it hits harder than any other manland. I would say its a good control finisher but there is too much decent nonbasic destruction and its not in Wrath colors.
    Celestial Colonnade is crap. Lavaclaw Reaches has potential, at least if control becomes relevant again.
    I think the name of the card will be Lavaclaw Reaches. Both words have three hits in the orb and the german name "Lawaklauen-Gebiet" shares "Gebiet" with "Pilzgebiete", the german name of Fungal Reaches.
    The Commander Gauntlet | Lameria
    BGW Ghave, Guru of Spores | UB Vela the Night-Clad | B Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker | R Norin the Wary | RG Stonebrow, Krosan Hero
    GUB The Mimeoplasm | BRG Kresh the Bloodbraided | RGW Uril the Miststalker | WUB Zur the Enchanter | GW Captain Sisay
    RWU Zedruu the Greathearted | UB Grimgrin, Corpse-Born | BR Kaervek the Merciless | BRG Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
    UBR Nicol Bolas | GUB Damia, Sage of Stone | X Karn, Silver Golem | UR Melek, Izzet Paragon
    Quote from hoyerhan
    Celestial Colonnade is crap. Lavaclaw Reaches has potential, at least if control becomes relevant again.

Actually I was thinking that this one will ONLY be good if control becomes better, and frankly Colonnade is one of those cards that will help make sure it happens. Even if it takes a year, that will be a x4 of in a Uw control deck... where this is going to be yet another dual land that might get activated once and a while. Vigillance is VERY powerful in a man land.
    www.mtgotraders.com - Enter Code PANDAPAYPAL for 8% off!
    www.CapeFearGames.com - Enter Code PANDA for 5% off!
    Limit of 1 coupon per order
    The new man-lands are basically all for control decks. This one hits REALLY hard in the late game. It will see play somewhere. Maybe Grixis control will spring up?
    I'm a mathematics postdoc researching evolution and complex systems. Learn about these ideas here!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes