New Trademarks - A return to Mirrodin?

There are three new Trademarks filed by Wizards of the Coast that indicate a return to Mirrodin in the future... and something more sinister:

Mirrodin Pure

Scars of Mirrodin

and

New Phyrexia. OMG

1, 2 - The TS angel wasn't Serra, and doesn't have Echo, Echo; 3 - Mindstab has suspend, not split second; 4 to 125 - TS bonus cards exist, not added in Development; 126 - Linessa is a legend; 127 - Vengeant is a planeswalker; 128 - Golden Lotus was fake; 129 - Only 3 Eldrazi Titans; 130 - Scars factions not equal; 131 - Besieged not split; 132 - Corrupted Conscience ; 133-137 - M12 Titans
    Anti-Crows - 5
    1 to 5 - The new card type introduced in Lorwyn will be Planeswalker.
    That sounds like an artifact block coming up.

Check out the NO Elves Primer!
    'With the cards that are out there right now it is flavorly more common to know a spell that DESTROYS AN ENTIRE PLANE OF EXISTANCE than one that summons a snake that chills near lotus flowers...'

sweeeeet. i think a return to mirrodin is over due.
    Life moves pretty fast sometimes, if you don't stop
    and look around every once and a while you could miss it. - ferris bueller Wink
    Image removed due to its file extension: http://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/attachments/55/871/635032484993589833.png 06

Image removed due to its file extension: http://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/attachments/55/872/635032484993745822.png 06
    That sounds really interesting. And a return to classic storylines! Let's hope it's legit and comes to fruition!

ET
    WoTC, thank you for finally announcing the Modern format, an eternal format where everyone can participate.
    It does, but would they do that again, after having done it just a couple years ago?
    Looks like we might have a new weatherlight story arc

Thanks to scuttlemutt productions!
    Quote from Naz
    That sounds like an artifact block coming up.

Oh yay...... when will they learn!

New Phryexia toot

Perpare for Karn's PW card.
    Playing since 1994. Competing since 2004.
    How you should approach every game of Magic.
    Mod Helpdesk
    My Flawless Score MCC Card | My Other One | # Three!
    Quote from Dire Wombat
    Don't worry Pseudofate, we still love you. No state-based action will ever cause you to become unattached from our hearts.

Quote from S1yDevi1
    Not gonna lie, this made me go half chub.

Quote from DeftJackal
    Lol, only the limited forum would have a thread saying to be nicer to the trolls.
    Quote from TwOnEight_Magic
    It does, but would they do that again, after having done it just a couple years ago?

it's been at least 3 or 4 years since they did it and i love the flavor of it. they just need to do it right and not make affinity.
    Life moves pretty fast sometimes, if you don't stop
    and look around every once and a while you could miss it. - ferris bueller Wink
    Image removed due to its file extension: http://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/attachments/55/871/635032484993589833.png 06

Image removed due to its file extension: http://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/attachments/55/872/635032484993745822.png 06
    Oh God, please be true, please be true, please be true...

If we're going back to Phyrexia in any recognizable form, I'll have one less thing to do before I die.

Based solely on the names, it sounds like:

1: Mirrodin makes a return
    2: The creatures of Phyrexia create a planar portal to Mirrodin searching for a new place to call home, and wage war against the inhabitants for control of the plane.
    3: The creatures of Phyrexia succeed.

My art blog

Claims:
    Innistrad will have at least a Tribal subtheme - proven right October 2011 : 4 rights

The kicker variant in WWK will be "Kicker without a kicked effect." - proven wrong Jan 2010 : 2 wrongs

Decks:
    :symu::symb: Bloodchief Ascension - Modern

:symb::symr: Rakdos, the Defiler - EDH
    :symu::symb::symw: Sharuum the Hegemon - EDH
    :symw::symu::symb: Zur the Enchanter - EDH
    New Phyrexia? =O awesome, I am not that keen on mirrodin though.
    I hope the day will draw nearer that we may actually see an Urza pw card ^^ or something of the man, and maybe in new Phyrexia we will =P who knows
    This is the best news ever. I hope this is an artifact block. I loved the entire Mirrodin Block
    Quote from Pseudofate
    Perpare for Karn's PW card.

Forget Karn what about Urza.
    It's a wee bit early for them to trademark next years set... My guess is that it could be another special set/dual deck... NOT a new block.
    www.mtgotraders.com - Enter Code PANDAPAYPAL for 8% off!
    www.CapeFearGames.com - Enter Code PANDA for 5% off!
    Limit of 1 coupon per order
    maybe New Phyrexia is name of 3rd set of ZEN block
    Quote from Trancebam
    3: The creatures of Phyrexia succeed.

The protagonist of the block:

Skri'it - Negator
    Xavla - Sleeper Agent
    Gex - Praetor

Would be hilarious, though I don't think we can count on a block storyline with an actual bad ending. Phyrexia spreading should be bad, m'rite?

Quote from pandafarmer
    It's a wee bit early for them to trademark next years set... My guess is that it could be another special set/dual deck... NOT a new block.

Actually, Lights should be in mostly ready and they'll probably start sending out card assigments to artists late September/early November.

It also doesn't fit neither "versus" nor "premium" naming conventions. It might however be a completely new product.
    Last edited by Smokestack: 8/25/2009 11:11:15 AM

Quote from pandafarmer

I was thinking something similar, although more along the lines of either a new FTV, or Premium Deck Series

My art blog

Claims:
    Innistrad will have at least a Tribal subtheme - proven right October 2011 : 4 rights

The kicker variant in WWK will be "Kicker without a kicked effect." - proven wrong Jan 2010 : 2 wrongs

Decks:

Quote from pandafarmer

But we're getting Phyrexia vs The Coalition soon enough. Another Phyrexia-involved special set so close on the heels of the duel deck?

Could it be for a series of novels/graphic novels/web projects?
    Quote from {mikeyG}
    But we're getting Phyrexia vs The Coalition soon enough. Another Phyrexia-involved special set so close on the heels of the duel deck?

Could it be for a series of novels/graphic novels/web projects?

Web comics would make sense. They have been releasing those three at a time.

My art blog

Claims:

Decks:

We just posted this news item on ManaNation, including the screenshot attached. For those wanting to confirm.

http://www.mananation.com/next-block-new-phyrexia-scars-of-mirrodin-and-mirrodin-pure/
    ATTACHMENTS
    • wizards_uspto
    GatheringMagic.com - Previously ManaNation.com before merging into GatheringMagic.com
    I sure would love to see another artifact heavy set. Artifacts without colored mana symbols that is.

currently playing:
    LEGACY
    loam/depthsBG
    Sneak showUR
    LED DredgeUBR
    ReanimatorUB
    landsBURG
    EDH
    DoranWBG
    JhoiraUR
    If it is the names of 3 blocks then it sounds to me like karn's corruption is changing him in evil ways and is going to become the new yawgmoth and corrupt Mirrodin.
    Quote from Guinea Pig
    There are three new Trademarks filed by Wizards of the Coast that indicate a return to Mirrodin in the future... and something more sinister:

Mirrodin Pure

Scars of Mirrodin

and

New Phyrexia. OMG

Usually the trademarks have certain 'categories' attached to them, don't they? (to determine what they are exactly for)
    At any rate, isn't this very early for them to trademark the Lights/Camera/Action block?
    News and spoiler contributor for GatheringMagic.com

Twitter
    i hope the block will be like esper
    with colored artifacts
    Quote from Trancebam
    Web comics would make sense. They have been releasing those three at a time.

Had previous webcomics been trademarked?

Really, the connection between those names strongly resembles block naming conventions.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes