Blightning in the next sending of MPR?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qTxgf8uqjbQ/Sa_cV9FFoBI/AAAAAAAAGjs/94TIjw2FkKY/s1600/Blightning.jpg

Could be real? A friend of me told me it could replace CRYPTIC COMMAND in next sending... I think it's not posible at all... What you think?
    Last edited by tidussquall2084: 3/9/2009 8:00:18 AM
    The people and the friends we've lost... or dreams that faded... never forget them.

Wouldn't replace Cryptic, since that's a rare. But maybe Harmonize or one of the others.
    sorry but the link you post is not valid at least to me, now about that replacement what they could give?
    Quote from Savior
    sorry but the link you post is not valid at least to me, now about that replacement what they could give?

his link worked after I reloaded the url twice.

but here ya go on a different host:
    The unofficial Boards of Canada wiki: bocpages.org
    i have to say that art looks sick
    I'm going to remain skeptical until I see a better picture. I would really like to have some textless Blightning's though.

Banner by KrackShott

Quote from GI_JOE_13207
    I'm going to remain skeptical until I see a better picture. I would really like to have some textless Blightning's though.

My guess is that Blightning is part of the next mailing (April?) and something happened that a few people got them mailed early.
    This is probably the worst signature in the history of signatures.
    Quote from rootwallapunk
    My guess is that Blightning is part of the next mailing (April?) and something happened that a few people got them mailed early.

I'm going with photoshop myself.
    News and spoiler contributor for GatheringMagic.com

Twitter
    Quote from urzassedatives
    I'm going with photoshop myself.

That could be it too (and is probably more likely). Though, stranger things have happened (Wrath promo anyone?), and I think the card is stapley enough to warrant a textless spell. So even if this is shopped, I imagine we'll get the real card sooner or later.
    This is probably the worst signature in the history of signatures.
    Let's not forget that they typically don't change up the foil rare until it's had it's three full mailings. We certainly didn't know that CC was our 2008-9 rare until just before the fall mailing.
    www.mtgotraders.com - Enter Code PANDAPAYPAL for 8% off!
    www.CapeFearGames.com - Enter Code PANDA for 5% off!
    Limit of 1 coupon per order
    Well since Blightning isn't a rare, I doubt it will replace CC. Also it's not time to switch the rare yet.

However, I'll buy the Blightning could be one of the next two textless MPRs. I thinking branching bolt or swerve for the other.
    MTG Rules Advisor
    Join
    The Steamflogged

Human Rigger Minions committed to
    forcing Contraptions in YMTC4,
    and Resisting The Tyranny of the
    Anti-Contraptionists.
    Viva La Assembly!

Quotes:
    "being french sometimes sucks."-Antoine Ruel
    Quote from fatdogwiggle
    Lol. "Racism"?
    "Hey Canadians, back of the bus."
    anyone else think Banefire will be the new foil textless?
    We didn't get an uncommon this time around. Maybe Blightning missed the cut or was a late printing?
    www.mtgotraders.com - Enter Code PANDAPAYPAL for 8% off!
    www.CapeFearGames.com - Enter Code PANDA for 5% off!
    Limit of 1 coupon per order
    Looks vaguely photoshopped to me, but could be real I guess..

Can anyone make out that black url going across the mid bottom?
    It's probably the next textles, if real at all (seems like a perfectly valid choice though). It's OBVIOUSLY not going to replace Cryptic. Whoever suggested as much has no idea how this program works.

anyone else think Banefire will be the new foil textless?

I hope not. Because I don't think of it as a really splashy spell, it just feels like a reprint of Demonfire to me. :\

I'd much rather have a core set staple instead. (like WoG)
    Quote from wcsae
    Well since Blightning isn't a rare, I doubt it will replace CC. Also it's not time to switch the rare yet.

However, I'll buy the Blightning could be one of the next two textless MPRs. I thinking branching bolt or swerve for the other.

They usually do cards that are getting a good amount of constructed play and thus pretty much everyone knows what they do.
    I didn't think Branching Bolt or Swerve were seeing play.

(banner courtesy of PurpleD)
    Cards for Sale! EDH, Modern, Shocklands, Unlands!
    Quote from Harkius
    Or, you know, you could just let your name at the top represent you.

Harkius
    It doesn't really look that photoshopped to me. I wouldn't doubt that it is, but I could also see this being legit – Blightning sees play, it's a fairly simple uncommon spell, and it does seem like the right time to start printing Alara cards for MPR.

I'm much more excited for this than Remove Soul, that's for sure.
    Quote from indomitablebug
    They usually do cards that are getting a good amount of constructed play and thus pretty much everyone knows what they do.
    I didn't think Branching Bolt or Swerve were seeing play.

oh, i must have missed all the play tidings was receiving. Also, they choose the cards to get art, templated and printed well before they come out and often times before they'll know if it would or would not be big in constructed. Sometimes they just have to go off of what they think will be popular. Kinda like how they just printed Nameless inversion, which did see alot of play but doesn't really see as much anymore.

whatever the cards chosen for the next MPR, I hope they don't do any charms. Cryptic was an exceptional choose, but I think the Alara charms would be too hard for everyone to remember for textlessness.

On the topic of the next foil rare, I could see it being Banefire, but we'll get both Alara Reborn and M10 printed before the card comes out so it could end up being anything from those as well. My bet is that they'll put something good in M10 that they'll want to push and they make that the next foil MPR.
    Last edited by wcsae: 3/8/2009 10:06:17 PM
    MTG Rules Advisor
    Join
    The Steamflogged

Human Rigger Minions committed to
    forcing Contraptions in YMTC4,
    and Resisting The Tyranny of the
    Anti-Contraptionists.
    Viva La Assembly!

Quotes:
    "being french sometimes sucks."-Antoine Ruel
    Quote from fatdogwiggle
    Lol. "Racism"?
    "Hey Canadians, back of the bus."
    If the blightning is real, i want 4 of those, looks awesome.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a textless cruel ultimatum, after all i think everyone knows what it does (and the art could be better). Besides, there are no rare sorceries nor instants on the shards block that are seeing a lot of play, only banefire and maybe martial coup could also fill that slot. I just hope it's not Ad Nauseam or Punish Ignorance, that would suck

They could print a Jace Beleren, we dont have enough of those already.
    It doesn't really look that photoshopped to me. I wouldn't doubt that it is, but I could also see this being legit – Blightning sees play, it's a fairly simple uncommon spell, and it does seem like the right time to start printing Alara cards for MPR.

I'm much more excited for this than Remove Soul, that's for sure.

We didn't get an uncommon this time around. Maybe Blightning missed the cut or was a late printing?

Apparently all you dudes didn't realize that Blightning isn't an uncommon, it's a COMMON... However, I would kill for these. Smile

I don't care if you're a moderator but you sir have said a very, very stupid thing.

The pic on the first page is kind of blurry but it looks like they did a good job for the artwork as far as I can tell. Smile

Thanks to Spiderboy at High~Light Studios for Avatar and Sig.
    I found the art that is shown in the image. The artist is Jim Pavelec.
    ATTACHMENTS
    • Blightning_Token_by_Genethoq
    That art is really nice.
    Saemar is not a wizard, is not fighting on a battlefield and is not casting spells.

Saemar is playing cards.
    i just got my mpr envelope last week and it was inversion and remove soul.
    Well, Blightning isn't really shocking at all. Honestly, if someone wanted to make a fake, you'd think they'd pick something more jaw dropping.
    MTG Rules Advisor
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes