[CON] Ethersworn Adjudicator (UPDATE)

Alright, using the Compiled Orb of Insight results, as well as the help of others, I've pieced together the final card, a Mythic.

Ethersworn Adjudicator
    Artifact Creature - Vedalken Knight (M)

Flying
    , : Destroy target Creature or Enchantment.
    : Untap Ethersworn Ajudicator.

4/4

Discuss.
    Last edited by Metallix87: 1/25/2009 11:04:01 PM
    Uhm...

Damn.

4/4 for 5 is decent already. Add in THAT ability.. AND untapping?? It being mythic makes me want to cry tho. The only thing keeping from being $30 is that the deck that wants him will probably only want 2.
    The only thing keeping from being $30 is that the deck that wants him will probably only want 2.

This is why it would be Mythic...
    News and spoiler contributor for GatheringMagic.com

Twitter
    Its perfect. Nothing more to be said.
    You've spent about 5 seconds reading this. I hope it was well spent.

Quote from Noobus Maximus
    Look at me! I can bold words and use CAPSLOCK to emphasize my point! Hopefully I can trick people into ignoring that I completely have no evidence in my post to back up my claims if I make it look fancy enough.
    Yes, I love it plenty.
    Nice ability, but I'm wondering how often he'd be able to use it, considering that T2 is currently saturated with amazing removal.

Let's get the Conflux MWS patch. Smile

A big thanks to R&Doom and Spanglegluppet for my banner and my avatar, respectively. Grin

Currently playing:
    BWUUWB ControlUWB
    RWUUWr ControlUWR
    GWUBantUWG
    Good if you can get it online, but I doubt this will happen anywhere outside of limited/casual. The untap feels tacked on, given you'd need 9 mana to use the ability twice (though 6 mana to use it and attack, which is alright I guess).

Limited is obviously good, but it has a large number of answers (as it's an artifact), which will probably stop it from being as bomby as it looks.
    I am pretty sure any attempt to remove him will be met with Negate, or made to miss with Master Transmuter.
    I don't think he's made to untap and reuse his ability. I think he's meant to use his ability to remove an opponents creature, untap, then attack unblocked.
    Really good card. Decent mana cost, decent body, awesome abilities. I'm going to have to get some of these.

Banner by KrackShott

I'm so happy my esper deck just got repeatable creature destriction.

If you want good art on good cards copy my sig and add one(1)
    I'm so happy my esper deck just got repeatable creature destriction.

Everybody is. But its a Mythic. Frown Good luck getting one. I guess I am just gonna have to hope I get lucky and open one at the prerelease, or in a subsequent draft. No way I am paying the price this guy is likely to hit.
    Quote from the_fish
    Good if you can get it online, but I doubt this will happen anywhere outside of limited/casual. The untap feels tacked on, given you'd need 9 mana to use the ability twice (though 6 mana to use it and attack, which is alright I guess).

Limited is obviously good, but it has a large number of answers (as it's an artifact), which will probably stop it from being as bomby as it looks.

Only 6 mana needed with Tezzeret and his untapping ability
    Tnx to Nakamura for the awesome signature
    Quote from Metallix87
    Alright, using the Compiled Orb of Insight results, I've pieced together the final card, a Mythic.

Well, I'd say that it was rather a product of CaptainBlack's hints and collective effort of several people here and here ;)...

But thanks for summarizing it and therefore putting the final piece of this rumor season into place.

The card is a nice embodiment of what non-walker, non-legend mythic should be.

Thumbs Up
    Mad 100% Vorthos Spike and Storyline Expert Mad

Former Fact Prospector of the Greek Alliance.
    Let this great clan rest in peace (2001-2011)

>>Banner by Spanglegluppet<<

Quote from Caranthir
    Well, I'd say that it was rather a collective effort of several people here and here ;)...

But thanks for summarizing it and therefore putting the final piece of this rumor season into place.

The card is a nice embodiment of what non-walker, non-legend mythic should be.

Thumbs Up

Sorry. Meant to say in regards to Creature type and P/T. Will change.
    Pretty decent card I say. This is looking to be a decent block season.. Grin
    EDH
    UUU Azami, Lady of Scrolls
    RRR Diaochan, Artful Beauty
    UR(U/R) Tibor, Lumia, & Melek (WIP)

Mafia Stats

Quote from Azrael

I don't have any hard numbers on this, but I'm targeted more often than a black guy driving a beat-up sedan with a broken tail-light and no license plate, and Cy's well aware of that.
    That's pretty good. Blue isn't really the 4/4 for 5 color, so that's interesting for a start. The power of the reusable removal ability means you can easily kill a guy and attack for 4 turn 6. This is most certainly constructed playable, if it can be made to untap a decent amount of the time (likely, since many popular removal spells don't kill it).
    All thanks to a regular source of disappointment.
    Quote from Megiddo
    that's like that time when I got mistaken for kim jong un
    Hell yes, a nice body on a blue critter, Wizard type can be good in Wiz control, going Esper colors obviously, as well as basic Esper builds. Very strong ability, the untap can be cool, but in concert with all the other shenanigans that Esper is capable of, man, very solid critter, very resilient vs. direct damage.
    You're definitely going to want 4 in your deck, because the first three that hit the table will draw every answer your opponent has. I see this card as enabling other powerful cards that are not seen as quite a threat as this guy - he'll allow other nasties to get under the radar because this guy has to be dealt with.
    Very cool card, too bad it's a mythic, because it will probabbly be harder to get a playset of this guy
    I must say I agree with almost everyone here. Its awesome. Just plain awesome.
    Sure its got cons, but the pros outstrip them by far.
    I like him. Good body, Psuedo-vigilance and repeatable Mortify is a good way to bring out all three Esper colors while being a house.
    I'm not the real McCoy! (Moved to ImpulsiveKnowledge)
    OMG. They made a good, fun, flavorful, well designed, balanced tricolored card. Design wise best card of the whole block to me for now. Seriously I love it. And for me to love a card that bears more than two colors. And the mythicness is totally justified, even with the absence of legendary status. Congrats on the guys from WotC who did this card. Confirms my thoughts though: only Bant and Esper are really interesting to me.
    Check my

Deviant page
    ...if you want.
    OMG
    OMG!
    I really wanna get a few of these guys but I am sad that he is a mythic. Slant I mean yeah he certainly feels like something that should be mythic but dang I only have so much money.
    I really gotta make a Sharuum EDH deck now.
    a small sentence for you to read while you ignore my post.
    He's good, but I think he's a bit overpriced to see very much competitive play.
    Quote from urzassedatives
    Oh yeah, no filthy tentacle jokes.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes