I think I'll go back to the more traditional riddles this time.
So, card name:
1. What do the following have in common?
A non-rare tournament staple from Ravnica
A common from Urza's Saga that got reprinted as an uncommon
An Odyssey sorcery that can be played twice
A green card from the days the game started that is now banned in its format
A green card that does the same as the green card above apart from the place it puts something in
2. What do you normally do to ice-cream? (you need to tweak this one a little bit)3. What is something we can't live without?
4. What is the most common question, other than "What?" that people tend to ask?
5. If something that gets you places breaks down, what do you do to it to get it off the road?
6. What is the sound a person makes when thinking loud?
Join them up and you have the name of the card!
For the type:
I can't do much with this, so:
It's a permanent.
1st card from Eventide.
Think of a card of a different type that many people love even though they know it's rather janky. A better hint would also be saying this new card obsoletes the older version quite a bit.
And what is the most common ability on cards of the same type as this? That's it's second ability.
You have no maximum hand size. T: Add 1 to your mana pool.
And Ancient Ziggurat:
T: Add one mana of any colour to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to play creature spells.
It's understandable blue control players would be shocked and in denial at the notion of this card, since their decks have been dominating multiple formats for an eternity yet they've curiously never once had to deal with any counter-hosers that weren't ineffectual, narrow CRAP.
Pick a land everyone loves and has been reprinted a fair few times.
Remove its restriction.
Choose another land from Champions of Kamigawa that everyone hates.
Get rid of the restriction and turn the bonus into a restriction (with a little messing around).