[CON] Spore Burst, Molten Frame, Controlled Instincts

Spore Burst 3G
    Sorcery (uncommon)
    Domain - Put a 1/1 green saproling creature token into play for each basic land type among lands you control.

From another source that seems credible to me..The molten frame may only be able to destroy target artifact Creature..

Molten Frame 1R
    Instant (common)
    Destroy target artifact creature
    Cycling 2

And welcome to the new member of the most
    lop-sided cycle:

Controlled Instincts U
    Enchantment - Aura (uncommon)
    Enchant Red or Green creature
    Enchanted creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.

Not as bad as the black one, but obviously not in the same class with the white one.
    Last edited by Caranthir: 1/25/2009 5:13:44 AM
    What?
    (Controlled Instincts)

EDIT: You finished it up, lol. It looks like a pretty good card to slap on Figure of Destiny.
    Molten frame = obsoletes shatter. w00t! Unless you run both for consistency, and you'd have to really dislike artifacts. These are fair C+ cards.
    Quote from Felecorr

Quote from Veloxiraptor
    It's understandable blue control players would be shocked and in denial at the notion of this card, since their decks have been dominating multiple formats for an eternity yet they've curiously never once had to deal with any counter-hosers that weren't ineffectual, narrow CRAP.

Hey man, Blurred Mongoose took the world by storm.

I'm a Timmy
    Dance

Quote from ThrivingMagpies

Controlled Instincts U

Interesting. It's not bad, but not stellar either (which seems to be the theme of the set so far).
    Limited folder again... Anyway controlled instinct is a nice sideboard card, it could see play. Thrivingmagpies do you remember anything about the 2 remaining rares and the 1 mythic?

Spore Burst 3G
    Sorcery (uncommon)

Domain: Put a 1/1 green saproling creature token into play for each basic land type among lands you control.

Not really that good. 4 mana for 5 1/1 saproling tokens is alright but any less and it's not worth it.

Molten Frame 1R
    Instant (common)

Destroy target artifact.
    Cycling 2

Shatter with cycling!..Just to keep blue non-existent in sealed.

Very good card. Might even see play outside of limited.

Controlled Instincts U

More limited fodder. Smile

Banner by KrackShott

Don't think I have come across the remaining rares and mythics.

I do come across a few more limited folder..
    Molten Frame is awesome against any mana-fixing artifacts being run in Limited, and shatters any hopes of Esper 'dominating'. Meh to the other 2.
    Quote from GI_JOE_13207
    Not really that good. 4 mana for 5 1/1 saproling tokens is alright but any less and it's not worth it.

Not really good? If you hit this for 4 or 5 its awesome. Four/five power for four mana is always a great deal and boy is it easy to fine uses for those tokens. At 3 it compares unfavorably to Hunting Triad and its bad at anything less. But if you're playing this card, your playing it in a deck that can maximize the effect. So you should be expecting this to hit for 3+ regularly. Awesome card is awesome.
    Shatter had been obsoleted at least twice already but this one.... I love it
    89% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're the 11% who rocks out everyday put this on your profile.
    Quote from Surging Chaos
    Hell, with that logic, this card seems like fair game, right?

I die to removal spells GG
    Creature - Who cares
    10/1

It still dies to Path, Bolt, Terminate, Doom Blade, and Fallout! That must mean it's fine! Sounds like a printable card to me!!! /sarcasm
    There really is no reason for Shatter to exist right now. Between Smash to Smithereens and now Molten Frame, heh, if artifact aggro decks do become big, they will have buckets of hate poured on them. So far it seems like every potential deck concept and pre-existing archetype right now has something in Conflux that can completely skag it in some way. Balance those scales :D.
    Spore Burst is awesome in limited, especially Jund. You won't want to cast this unless you have 4-5 basic land types anyway, at which point one of them will surely be a forest. Jund has the most synergy, but it's still great in any other deck.

Controlled Instincts is good limited removal - possibly sideboard only, in case you run up against Esper. The thing about these cards is, if they're splashing colours they're probably doing so to play their best creatures, so even against Esper you'll be hitting their off-colour bombs.
    Spore burst is Ordered Migration in different colors without flying.
    I'm a mathematics postdoc researching evolution and complex systems. Learn about these ideas here!
    The token maker is a pretty sweet card and obviously pretty strong in limited.
    I don't like the whole hoser cycle idea. Such cards are not fun.

Banner and avatar by the one and only Craven at Epic graphics. Check them out.

Offical High Priest of Reign of Blood
    Wow shatter looks bad. Dunno why it's the iconic kill artifact spell, there's SO many cards so superior to it. (Ancient Grudge is equal even without the flashback, smash to smithereens, in terms of cost not color naturalie and disenchant can also hit enchants) and now this. But looks like a good card, very handy card to be able to cycle. The new ordered migration is a fine card for domain decks, however those obviously won't be dominating constructed, so not particulary goodd. If your playing the theme, fine fine card however.

And my do they love color hate.

And this set is gonna be SO funny in limited. Nearly all the cards are playable, fine, decent cards, yet with very few bombs. Picking is gonna be hell because their all playable, and would work fine in a deck, but none will stand out. I like lots of playables though.

Thanks to Spiderboy4 of High~Light Studios!
    Spore Burst

But it's an uncommon. :\
    More 5 color insanity... I feel like that should have been held off until the last set. Or... they should have played up the difference between 5c and sticking to a shard, like the "mortal vs. spirit" war on Kamigawa... except sucessfully executed. Rolleyes

Spore Burst 3G
    Sorcery (uncommon)
    Domain - Put a 1/1 green saproling creature token into play for each basic land type among lands you control.

Molten Frame 1R
    Instant (common)
    Destroy target artifact.
    Cycling 2

Wow.. I .... I hate this card, right?

Being Esper and all.

Controlled Instincts U

:O

[...]

[...]

Epic banner by Erasmus of æтђєг.
    Awesome avatar provided by Krashbot @ [Epic Graphics].

I really like Spore Burst. I can imagine the Sphinxes freaking out at clumps of walking mold. Reminds me of a weaker Ordered Migration.
    Spore Burst 3g
    Sorcery (uncommon)

Yay, Ordered Migration! But just as bad! Meh.

The blue color-hate card is actually not bad.
    Molten Frame- I love cycling. This is quite good.

Spore Burst- meh. Something tells me my Saproling deck had more efficient token generators. Cant put my finger on it tho.

Controlled Instincts- This is not good, but not bad either. Its sideboard-worthy. One thing I am happy about tho is that I'm seeing more Blue creature tappy stuff. Maybe I just missed it, but for a while it seemed like that had become the sole grounds of White. Anyway, glad to see it. Always loved blue tappy.
    Last edited by 2maxwell: 1/24/2009 1:25:00 PM
    Controlled Instincts..... hmmm..... what is the Black card that makes a creature Black then you get to draw a card? Nobody picks these.... could you load up and make something interesting happen in B/U?
    I kinda like Spore Burst.
    Not overpowered or anything, but i could envision interesting things to do with this card.

The other 2 are SB material at best, but not awefull by any means.

G- proud green mage -G

Currently playing ----- Commander: Azusa / Ashling the Pilgrim / 30$ Jor Kadeen

My guide to budget cubing basics (outdated)
    Molten Frame doesn't obsolete Shatter, it obsoletes Scrap.
    Unless there is a Counterbalance on the table and a (visible) spell with CC=2 on their library...
    ONLY strictly better than Shatter.(and that only if you don't count name, but that is getting silly)

most lop-sided cycle:

Remember the one with Ancestral Recall and Healing Salve?
    I like the Blue Enchantment a lot. That's an excellent sideboard card for Figures, Doran, Thoctar, Rhox war Monk, and any other creature that gets out there too fast. Blue finally gets a small boost! What were they thinking? Help Blue? I mean cmon. lol
    and here it is, the card weve all been waiting for, a strictly better shatter
    Well before you howl that Ordered Migration is so much more powerful it does cost 5 mana to 4.

1 mana difference matters a lot sure if Spore Burst cost 3GG or something then it would be weaker no doubt.

Feel free to bid on my cards here!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes