[CON] Sphinx Summoner

Sphinx Summoner:3mana::symu::symb:
    Artifact Creature - Sphinx. Rare
    Flying
    When ~ comes into play you may search your libary for an artifact creature card reveal it and put it into your hand, then shuffle your libary.
    3/3

The wording may be off Smile

It was. :/
    Last edited by urzassedatives: 1/29/2009 3:23:01 PM
    My sig went AWOL at Damnation Studios!
    ability-wise, it looks like faerie mechanists's mommy.

good for searching off sharuums, transmuters.. etc.
    Image removed due to an invalid URL:

ChibiSwan! YOU ROCK! :p

...........Shin on the textless Cryptic Command
    Quote from Shinjutsei

I...I really have nothing to say.

This is EPIC.
    Meh. Another sphinx for my sphinx collection, but this isn't an awesome card.
    Quite nice, can get you your (perhaps sideboarded) silver bullets while giving you a decent body for the cost. You can even chain it's cipt by finding more copies. Nothing too earth shattering but I think this will have a place in some esper deck along with gargoyles and the like.
    I like it. :3

Unfortunately, I'll stick to Sharuum and/or Tezzeret (comparable bombs in the same vein). Artifact tutoring needs to be efficient to work, and this is no Trinket Mage 2.0.

Still, I think it's strong enough to warrant testing, and I think it's looking strong as a card in block.
    Great it's rare. 100$ for my play set.

Maybe that combo deck isn't hard to set up after all.
    Rules Advisor (Who isn't?)

Favorite decks:
    :symu::symb::symr:Spike Mishra:symr::symb::symu:
    :symb::symr::symg:Timmy Kresh:symg::symr::symb:
    :symw::symu::symb::symr::symg:Johnny Conflux:symg::symr::symb::symu::symw:
    Interesting card, would be really good with the transmuter, put it into play, get something, replace it with that thing, repeat as desired.
    Incidentally I've been messing with the orb, this means all instances of artifact are taken up, which is odd given I thought aethersworn adjudicator was from esper.
    Well obviously this is no trinket mage but it does have a more powerful tutor ability.

Definitely nothing ridiculous but it is funny with goblin welder lol.

Feel free to bid on my cards here!
    Interesting card, would be really good with the transmuter, put it into play, get something, replace it with that thing, repeat as desired.
    Incidentally I've been messing with the orb, this means all instances of artifact are taken up, which is odd given I thought aethersworn adjudicator was from esper.

Exactly, that could get stupid real quick. And with some thousand year elixer its the engine so nice you can get do it twice.
    Finally a use for Twinning Glass?
    "If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." - Jack Handey

MY TYPE TOO DECKS
    -B Rogues
    -Sanguine Bond 5c Life gain
    -Polymorph Tokens
    MY EXTENDED DECK
    -BWrRs deck for da winz!
    MY TYPE ONE DECK
    -Fluctuator

ptq 4th place

Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator
    Nice tutor ability, but i'm pretty dissapointed at it being a 3/3 for 3UB, I think a 3/4, 4/4 or even 4/5 could have been justified. Still limited nice, constructed potential if a good artifact based combo comes around.

Machius proudly supports R_E's right to Rumour!
    Quote from Orange Mage
    In general, Machius is right on the button. You should follow his line of thinking.
    This guy is pretty solid. Costing 5 means he sits under Sharuum in the curve. If he trades with removal or another creature the turn he comes out then your Sharuum just got a lot of bang for its buck- a 5/5 flyer, a 3/3 flyer and a free artifact from out of your deck for 6 mana.

Usually basing how good a card is off another card is bad... except when one of those cards is an excellent tutor. Midrange Esper control could become a pretty solid deck with this to work with.
    Deadmau5 on MTGO.

Quote from Caedere
    I'm going to say it. I gotta say it.

These are the best duals since the fetchlands.

Possibly better, but only time will tell with that.
    Quote from Machius
    Nice tutor ability, but i'm pretty dissapointed at it being a 3/3 for 3UB, I think a 3/4, 4/4 or even 4/5 could have been justified. Still limited nice, constructed potential if a good artifact based combo comes around.

I don't think it'll go constructed anytime soon. There just aren't enough good counterspells for such a deck I think.
    Quote from urzassedatives
    Oh yeah, no filthy tentacle jokes.
    Quote from Machius

If I could think of a terrifying artifact to grab with it, and it was a 4/4 flyer, I'd use it. But I can't think of any artifacts that are that much of a bomb in standard (Ethersworn Canonist is good but not so much in Type 2 right now).
    Quote from CaptainBlack
    Sphinx Summoner:3mana::symu::symb:
    Artifact Creature - Sphinx. Rare
    Flying
    When ~ comes into play you may search your libary for an artifact card reveal it and put it into your hand, then shuffle your libary.
    3/3

The wording may be off Smile

now THIS you try to make a deck around flickering it in and out every turn hehe

such a shame about the high cmc though. im sure there will be bette things to do at 5 mana
    Rustem wrote:

But I can't think of any artifacts that are that much of a bomb in standard

You don't consider Sharuum the Hegemon to be a bomb? She's a monster. The card that does hurt the prevalence of an Esper strategy around these two monsters is Celestial Purge, since they are both Black.
    Deadmau5 on MTGO.

Quote from Caedere
    I'm going to say it. I gotta say it.

These are the best duals since the fetchlands.

Possibly better, but only time will tell with that.
    Quote from Planeswalker420
    Rustem wrote:

You don't consider Sharuum the Hegemon to be a bomb? She's a monster. The card that does hurt the prevalence of an Esper strategy around these two monsters is Celestial Purge, since they are both Black.

hey i dont mind if they purge my sharuum or sphinx summoner..

with sharuum, i get to return my sharding sphinx back into play! and with my summoner i got my master of etherium from my deck! :p
    Image removed due to an invalid URL:

ChibiSwan! YOU ROCK! :p

...........Shin on the textless Cryptic Command
    Quote from Shinjutsei

I...I really have nothing to say.

This is EPIC.
    Quote from Planeswalker420
    Rustem wrote:

Not enough to play it in a constructed deck, no. In limited she means GG, though.
    My Sharuum EDH deck just went nuclear.
    When you keep removing/returning this thing, it becomes hard to lose anymore.
    Oh an artifact harbinger(a bit better since you take the artifact to your hand)... Well it is decent, for 5 mana you get a 3/3 creature that has flying plus fetching an artifact. The only problem is that artifact decks are still bad in standard. Apart from that it looks promising and abusable in the future, after rotation most likely.

Well, people, it's Terror-Proof, Tutors, flies, and is reusable(/abusable) With Master Transmuter and some thousand-year elixir(s). If you want, you can even tutor up and many artifacts with this and the Transmuter as many times as you have blue mana. >_> Dont forget the set this was released in, this could be
    ~Random Thought~
    Lol, My brother just told me a way to break Glaze Fiend W/ the Transmuter.
    Quote from Felecorr

Quote from Veloxiraptor
    It's understandable blue control players would be shocked and in denial at the notion of this card, since their decks have been dominating multiple formats for an eternity yet they've curiously never once had to deal with any counter-hosers that weren't ineffectual, narrow CRAP.

Hey man, Blurred Mongoose took the world by storm.

I'm a Timmy
    Dance

The effect itself is pretty good, as tutoring is always a premium ability. The 3/3 body leaves a lot to be desired though. Apparently, being multicolored does not get you a P/T boost anymore.

Banner and avatar by the one and only Craven at Epic graphics. Check them out.

Offical High Priest of Reign of Blood
    This is Fabricate on a Phantom Monster! Frankly, I'm surprised it doesn't cost more! Whether it'll have any impact on constructed formats I don't know, but it's certainly above the curve.
    WIE DE SCHOEN PAST TREKKE HEM AAN
    Quite straightforward, but fairly costed. card advantage and good body with ability for 5 is good. Too slow for constructed I guess, but since I don't care for tourney play...
    Check my

Deviant page
    ...if you want.
    Wow, the Sphinx is soooo great in Sharuum Elder Dragon Highlander...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes