[CON] Worldheart Phoenix

the first line of info was already posted a few pages ago, but might as well, for the sake of better explanations:

PHOENIX = 3

the name (worldheart phoenix), the creature type (phoenix), the self-referencing resurrection ability (return worldheart phoenix from your graveyard into play with--spoiler coming soon!)

oh, and a very ZESTFUL person just tipped me that the phoenix gets a cool domain ability Smile

just to help out the number crunchers out there, you can already -1 the following keywords:

flying (obvious)

graveyard (obvious)

return (obvious)

two (huh?)

+1/+1 (double huh?)

cheers, number crunchers Grin

EDIT: Finalized card:

Worldheart Phoenix :3mana::symr:
    Creature - Phoenix (R)
    Flying
    You may play Worldheart Phoenix from your graveyard by paying :symw::symu::symb::symr::symg: rather than paying it's mana cost. If you do, it comes into play with two +1/+1 counters on it.
    2/2
    Last edited by Caranthir: 1/8/2009 12:55:57 PM
    CASUAL RULES!!! Grin

Currently Playing:

RIFT SLIDE (Casual)

I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English. If you believe in capital letters, correct spelling and good sentence structure, then copy this into your signature.
    Quote from Seth Dracovitch
    Then there are clearly 3 seperate Nacatl named cards which takes up 3 of 4 "Cat" cards.

Nacatl Hunt-Pride
    Nacatl Outlander
    Nscatl Savage (missed it on the name list)

The last Cat is the Wild Leotau.

Quote from hypercast »
    oh, and a very ZESTFUL person just tipped me that the phoenix gets a cool domain ability Smile

Okay, so something like this?

Worldheart Phoenix <cc unknown, I assume Jund colors>
    Creature-Phoenix (Rare)
    Flying
    WUBRG:Return Worldheart Phoenix from your graveyard into play with two +1/+1 counters on it.
    /T unknown>
    Mad 100% Vorthos Spike and Storyline Expert Mad

Former Fact Prospector of the Greek Alliance.
    Let this great clan rest in peace (2001-2011)

>>Banner by Spanglegluppet<<

Quote from hypercast

i'm still a bit confused as to the domain ability... i´ve been seeing domain as: :symw::symu::symb::symr::symg: but shouldnt it be based on land type? or are ppl starting to refer as domain as having 5 of each?
    Playing with 5CC in Highlander since 2004
    Zesty did refer to WUBRG as domain in the Dragonsoul thread - but it still hasn't been determined whether he meant basic lands or just all five colours. The keyword Domain does refer to the number of basic lands you control, but whether it's being used coloquially to refer to more than just basic land effects... who knows? Zesty, probably, but he's currently lost somewhere in the AEther.
    Chumping Engine 3
    Artifact (Rare)
    Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard from play you may put X 0/1 Chump Artifact Creature tokens into play where X is that creature's Power.
    "Soon the Pointless Saviour will come...*splat*" - 1/1 Vanilla's last words.
    Quote from ArcanePie
    "Domain colors" was probably referring to all 5 colors. In Con draft my group jokingly referred to getting all 3 of your colors for your shard "Shard domain" I feel this kind of nickname for getting all of a certain set of colors is more than acceptable.

i know its acceptable and i get domain being = WUBRG, but the fact that domain is a keyword/ability (whatever) in this set is confusing..
    Quote from Caranthir

Creature-Phoenix (Rare)
    Flying
    WUBRG:Return Worldheart Phoenix from your graveyard into play with two +1/+1 counters on it.
    /T unknown>

If you add basic landcycling (2) to the phoenix, it woul be awesome Grin
    Quote from Caranthir

Creature-Phoenix (Rare)
    Flying
    /T unknown>

No jund CC (BRG) just red.

Its rare number 77 accordingly to Zesty information on "Number Crunch".

Don't you mods think these posts should go to other topic?

Like [Con] Worldheart Phoenix ?? Or speculation?

Just my humble opinion Wink
    M10... What a great core set Grin
    Cut out from the Orb thread into a new one.

Zesty, your input would be welcome Wink

Like was being discussed in the speculation thread already, its very possible this card is inspired by Eternal Dragon. Probably has basic landcycling for 1R, maybe a CC of 5 or 6, and mediocre stats (3/3?), until you start returning it to play with counters on it.

Ok, so my guess is:
    Worldheart Phoenix 3RR
    Creature - Phoenix
    Flying
    WUBRGReturn Worldheart Phoenix from your graveyard to play with 2 +1/+1 counters on it. Play this ability only during your upkeep.
    Basic Landcycling 1R
    3/3
    Last edited by BurntChomsky: 1/8/2009 11:49:10 AM
    it would be cool id the domain ability was something like:

Worldheart Phoenix 4R
    Flying
    Domain- at the beginning of your upkeep if you control a land of each basic land typ return ~ from your graveyard to play with a +1/+1 counter on it.
    3/3

obviously totally random guesses on P/T and CC
    My guess

Worldheart Phoenix 4RR
    Creature - Phoenix (R)
    Flying
    WUBRG: Return Worldheart Phoenix from your graveyard to play with 2 +1/+1 counters on it for each basic land type among lands you control. Play this ability only during your upkeep.
    4/4
    Last edited by nal2: 1/8/2009 11:46:10 AM
    Quote from BurntChomsky
    Like was being discussed in the speculation thread already, its very possible this card is inspired by Eternal Dragon. Probably has basic landcycling for 1R, maybe a CC of 5 or 6, and mediocre stats (3/3?), until you start returning it to play with counters on it.

yeap, i agree phoenix(es) dont have a big P/T. and tehy cost 5-6.

but wished it wasnt basic landcycling... it would be great if u could search for a dual with this :D, but i think i wont be that lucky. its probably something like:

worlheard phoenix 4RR
    Flying
    2: basic landcycling
    WUBRG: return ~this~ from your grave to play with 2 +1/+1 on it
    2/3
    Please don't be another WURBG creature. Please.

Rainbow deck are inerenthly stupid.
    Current living in Gipsyland
    Quote from Mythrandir
    but wished it wasnt basic landcycling... it would be great if u could search for a dual with this :D, but i think i wont be that lucky. its probably something like:

worlheard phoenix 4RR
    Flying
    2: basic landcycling
    WUBRG: return ~this~ from your grave to play with 2 +1/+1 on it
    2/3

Well, the word Lancycling only appears in the orb 5 times, and we already have all 5 accounted for, so the Phoenix doesn't have landcycling.
    Quote from pokerbob1 »
    maybe everyone should sig the following:
    If you think you found a way to play evermind, you are wrong.
    how about do something interesting,
    Unearth: WUBRG
    if worldheart phoenix is removed from the game, return it to your hand at the begining of your upkeep
    Quote from Gyuzen64

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!!!

I completely agree. There are some great concepts coming out of the spoiled cards, but as soon as I read the wrods "domain," I get a queasy feelin' in ma' tummy.

I can understand cards like Imperiosaur needing only basic mana to fuel their rage, but to push 5-color decks? Didn't we learn our lesson that it is a waste of design space when sunburst burst on the scene like an outdated New Kid on the Block... paging Joey McIntyre, Mr. McIntyre please pick up the white courtesy phone and tell WotC that 5 color decks are dinosaurs that went extinct for a reason.

I'd wish they were 3-color spells, or at least 4-color spells. I'd like to start using my dusty place-sets of Nephilims. But 5 colors?!?! Really?!?!?!

I definitely see more bitchin' & complainin' coming out of this!

(and Mr. Mod, please see how I am using the above word. It does not need censoring.)

Come check out my trades!!!
    Quote from Gyuzen64

I wholeheartly agree. I don´t like too many 5color costed cards and activation costs..but oh well if it´s the theme of conflux Slant

"Beast. Defiler. The source of all my pain."
    —Ihsan's Shade

MonoBlack for life, yo!
    Okay, some more info from our zestful friend.

In this regard, the word "domain" meant WUBRG. No limitation from what the mana comes from. You can play it from basic lands as well as from e.g. Kaleidostone.

It can be played from the grave only for the domain cost, and by such play, it will grow once its own size, having after the P and T the same as the CMC.
    Last edited by Caranthir: 1/8/2009 12:41:09 PM

Quote from Stoogeslap
    But 5 colors?!?! Really?!?!?!

A Tier 1 deck in T2!!!! Cruel Control!!!! How can it be?!?!?!

No, really, what's the problem? 5C is a deck, Good Stuff type decks sprout from time to time in Ext and T2. It's not the end of the world.

Quote from Caranthir
    Okay, some more info from our zestful friend.

In this regard, the word "domain" meant WUBRG. No limitation from which the mana comes from. You can play it from basic lands as well as from e.g. Kaleidostone.

It can be played from the grave only for the domain cost, and by such play, it will grow once its own size, having after the P and T the same as the CMC.

Worldheart Phoenix
    2RR
    Creature- Phoenix
    WRUGB: Return Worldheart Phoenix from graveyard to play with two +1/+1 counters.
    2/2

if this is it, it is actually playable in standard, even if it does smell a little bit janky with that domain cost.
    Last edited by kyclef: 1/8/2009 12:44:45 PM
    Worldheart Phoenix
    3R
    Creature - Phoenix
    Flying
    WUBRG: Return Phoenix from your graveyard to play with two +1/+1 counters on it.
    2/2

Banner by spiderboy4 Smile
    Everyone who thinks 5c decks fail needs to get MWS.
    Quote from Felecorr

Quote from Veloxiraptor
    It's understandable blue control players would be shocked and in denial at the notion of this card, since their decks have been dominating multiple formats for an eternity yet they've curiously never once had to deal with any counter-hosers that weren't ineffectual, narrow CRAP.

Hey man, Blurred Mongoose took the world by storm.

I'm a Timmy
    Dance

I'm not sure this is that strong in standard since With Path To Exile, Condemn, O-Ring, Unmake, Bant Charm, graveyard recursion is not what it used to be.
    Now we speculate here?

Lol...

People, just read, discuss what we know and wait for more information from Zesty... You take the risk of your speculating posts being deleted Frown

I think that most cards, like this one, will be very played in limited but in constrcuted I doubt it.

5 Colored mana? Not even in a 5CC deck, unless it makes the game turn around :p

The Phoenix idea was great but now... Frown

If it was a pyroclasm Phoenix like we once had, that would be great but only with the "return" ability I think is an average...
    M10... What a great core set Grin
    Possibly:

Worldheart Phoenix 2RBW
    Creature- Phoenix
    Flying
    Whenever you add WURGB to your mana pool, if Worldheart Phoenix is in your graveyard, you may put it into play with two +1/+1 counters on it.
    2/2.

How about some idea like that?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes