[CON] Malfegor (Prerelease card) & Wall of Reverence

I have heard through the zesty line that there is a 6/6 flying (Dragon?) for 2RRBB that makes you discard your hand when it comes into play, and makes your opponent sacrifice that many creatures. More to come soon.

Malfegor :2mana::symr::symr::symb::symb: PRERELEASE CARD
    Legendary Creature - Demon Dragon (M)
    Flying
    When Malfegor comes into play, d
    iscard your hand. Target opponent sacrifices a creature for each card discarded this way.
    6/6

Wall of Reverence
    ? 3W
    Creature - Wall (R)
    Defender, flying
    At the end of your turn,
    gain life equal to the power of a creature you control.
    1/6
    Last edited by rancored_elf: 1/9/2009 5:37:35 AM
    That looks really powerfull.
    It doesnt have drawback? :p
    Awesome! First plausible rumor of the season (I think we've had some from Little Birdy before...)

Is it Dreadwing? Probably not Hellkite Hatchling at 6 mana... Voracious Dragon would probably have Devour as well...
    Could be Rakka Mar...
    (checking against the list here: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=131996)
    Dreadwing sounds pretty snarfy. Grin And the ability would make sense. Perhaps a Malfegor kiddy?
    [I was permabanned and all I got to show for it was .... well, nothing.]
    Quote from roussos
    It doesnt have drawback? :p

I'd say the drawback there is discarding your hand. Smile

Hmm. Are there any known Conflux cardnames which would fit this?

Edit: Yeh, I'll have to go with Dreadwing
    All thanks to a regular source of disappointment.
    Quote from Megiddo
    that's like that time when I got mistaken for kim jong un
    Quote from ced395
    I'd say the drawback there is discarding your hand. Smile

Hmm. Are there any known Conflux cardnames which would fit this?

Edit: Yeh, I'll have to go with Dreadwing

Lol i read wrong.
    I thought opponent discarded his hand ^^.
    Gotta be Dreadwing of Malfegor. Yay, Zesty and Lil' Birdy are back!
    Love rumor season.

Discarding your whole hand is rough....BUT DRAGONS RAWRRR!
    Aright, so...

Dreadwing of Malfegor
    2RRBB
    Creature - Dragon
    Fying
    When Dreadwing of Malfegor comes into play, discard your hand. Target opponent sacrifices a creature for each card discarded this way.
    6/6

Nice.
    Tournament Victories:
    Indianapolis Regionals 2009 (Standard)
    Worldwake Gameday (Limited)

See my alters here: http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/jimmy2do/Cards/
    Quote from Dobber
    Aright, so...

Dreadwing of Malfegor
    2RRBB
    Creature - Dragon
    Fying
    When Dreadwing of Malfegor comes into play, discard your hand. Target opponent sacrifices a creature for each card discarded this way.
    6/6

Nice.

that is really powerful

and being in the 2 colors that dont mind discarding, its definitely solid
    Basking Rootwalla and madness cards in general's new best friend (Fiery Temper anyone?).

This is pure gold. Huge, flying, "sinergylicious" and clears the enemy army for 6??? Sign me up!!
    Recently entered the "dark side", now a proud Gaymer
    Sig made by Topher, from Aether. Thanks a lot!!
    BBB Evil
    "Beast. Defiler. The source of all my pain." Evil BBB
    Playing: "Vintage Doran Stompy", "Vintage Suicide Oath" & "Casual Vintage Vampires"
    Currently, I'd be hard pressed to find a deck for this beast. Control won't play it and it seems way to expensive for any form of normal aggro. Maybe some GRB Rock/Ramp deck could play it as it wouldn't mind trading 2-3 cards for 2-3 Edicts with a huge body attached.

Anyway, great to have the season moving.

you're turning cards in hand into free diabolic edicts sounds good to me. Hold some land, small creatures that don't make any difference and you're wrathing your opponents board and dropping a huge dragon. Sounds good to me. It's bad against wrath effects, but that's about it.
    My cube thread: My Half-Japanese Cube
    Quote from Little Birdy
    I have heard through the zesty line that there is a 6/6 flying (Dragon?) for 2RRBB that makes you discard your hand when it comes into play, and makes your opponent sacrifice that many creatures. More to come soon.

...And a Merry Christmas to you, and everyone at Team Zesty! Guess it's time to start checking on this site compulsively every hour. =)

If the aforementioned dragon/demon's CIP ability has no catches, it's bound to become one of the most powerful reanimation targets in recent memory. Careful hand management is not all that hard an achievement for a control/reanimation deck; most competitive players will like to discard only as many cards as needed to wipe out the opponent's board.

What really excites me about this card is that 2RRBB is not at all difficult to hardcast in the current format, making this at the very least control's sideboard choice against aggro decks. Most of the cards in your hand will be removal spells anyway, so turning them into free Cruel Edicts is definitely a fair trade. The last remaining piece of the puzzle would be some recursive draw engine to recover from dumping your entire hand and we're golden!
    People hiss and grunt at Mark Rosewater for the state of the game. Few realize, though, that it is Aaron Forsythe who is directly responsible of the current state of affairs due to negligence as head of Magic R&D and a completely skewed view of the game as a whole.

So next time you want to make an avvy with Rosewater pissing on something, take a deep breath and consider pasting Forsythe's face there instead...
    Honestly, its like there are all these good cards that work with old mechanics and its like "Where were you when madness, drege or storm whas in". <(
    Teach "Learn from my mistakes least you reapeat them" GrrrAAAAAH - Qoute ME I am so ANGRY

Thanks to PurpleD from Left Play Designs for the banner:D
    I hope Greater Good gets reprinted in 11th because it makes a nice combo :p
    I like how the drawback also gives you a reward, the more you end up losing the more you end up gaining.

I guess Idle Thoughts becomes slightly useful over here (of course it also forces you into Grixis colors).

Nice to see Team Zesty is back.
    [The Family]
    Quote from MandersHex

Skander: Every post I read from him reminds me of Family Mafia. He reads 100% genuine townie to me. If he turns up scum, I quit mafia.
    This Dragon goes perfectly with the unearth system. All you have to discard are creatures with unearth.
    BW
    YAY for team zesty!
    that is a very nice card and it also works nicely with unearth too. if it is legendary it would make decent EDH general too.
    a small sentence for you to read while you ignore my post.
    Quote from Endoka
    Honestly, its like there are all these good cards that work with old mechanics and its like "Where were you when madness, drege or storm whas in". <(

Maybe it is because of balancing? Would be silly strong to still have for example Dark Ritual to start with 3 DR, 1 swamp and 2 Demigods and a Thoughtseize on myself ^^ and there would be much more potent combos... ;-)

On Topic:

I like that card a lot. Would be nice to know exactly if discarding is additional costs or CIP-effect. Nice for some eternal Madness / Dredge / Hellbent deck
    ---------------------------------
    My old poll: "Returning to Ulgrotha"
    ---------------------------------
    Supporter of the theory 1+1=2 aka take the simple solution...:rolleyes:
    The advantage and disadvantage is discarding your hand...if you have one card the ability won't do much but you still get a 6/6 flying beater for cc 6. I like the card too bad there aren't any good madness cards in standard right now
    "Yawgmoth," Freyalise whispered as she set the bomb, "now you will pay for your treachery."

-Freyalise

Currently Playing:
    Legacy:
    UBWRGAll manner of storm comboGRWBU
    Dark Ritual on The Source and Storm Boards
    Notable finishes:
    Top 16 SCG Kansas City Legacy Open 2012 with Burning ANT
    Top 32 SCG Minneapolis Legacy Open 2012 with Burning ANT
    it is a very good card maybe is malfegor
    That sounds extremely juicy... ciscards your X number hand to make your opponent sac X number creatures... that's not half bad.

white mana black mana red mana
    I killed an orc with a door once.
    W/B mana B/R mana R/W mana

I wouldn't immediately rule out Voracious Dragon not fitting it since it lacks Devour.

Since after all it's eating your hand and a good hunk of your opponents field - WotC is often more linear in thought than that, but still the name can fit.
    Quote from blueconcept
    Black Lotus is a vanilla creature. Deadbore is a counterspell. Artifacts are lands.

Dungeons and Dragons is an operating system. Baldur's Gate is a magic card. Experience is reasoning. Reasoning is experience.

Re: People misusing the term Vanilla to describe a flying, unleash (sometimes trample) critter.
    I think it could be really solid in grixis with both unearth creatures and something like courier's capsule to recover quickly.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes