[CON] Infectious Horror & Wretched Banquet

Thanks to Digital for posting these:

Infectious Horror
    Creature - Horror (C)

Whenever Infectious Horror attacks, each opponent loses 2 life.

2/2

Wretched Banquet
    Sorcery (C)

Destroy target creature with the least power or tied for least power.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Metallix87: 1/25/2009 11:03:31 AM
    Wretched Banquet seems like a good card against Demigod decks. They don't run any small non-threatening creatures.

EDIT: Except Fanatic, I guess. Oh well.
    cool cards. And conflux is now done.
    You've spent about 5 seconds reading this. I hope it was well spent.

Quote from Noobus Maximus
    Look at me! I can bold words and use CAPSLOCK to emphasize my point! Hopefully I can trick people into ignoring that I completely have no evidence in my post to back up my claims if I make it look fancy enough.
    Decent, I like the Horror, another card built for Multiplayer, but one that may put a target on your head after a while since it hurts everybody. The other is very situational, but a good one for knocking out cheap utility critters like Birds, Hierarch, and the like. Still can't compete with the newer White removal spells.
    Infectious Horror is going to be a good pick for limited. Even if it gets blocked it still dropped your opponent 2 life points. If Wretched Banquet had been an instant I would have liked it a lot better.

Banner by KrackShott

Wretched Banquet is going to be a higher pick than usual I think. Imagine getting 3 or 4 of these in draft... and coupling with green fatties?
    Both are pretty nice.

Wretched Banquet, say goodnight Doran? Very situational, and too narrow for Standard when tokens are all over the place, but a cool design nonetheless. May have applications in other constructed formats.

I like the Horror too. He's a little deceptive, he looks like a 2/2 for 4, but he's really a 4/2 for 4 that's half unblockable and gets better in multi-player.
    infectious horror is pretty fun but it could have easily been a 3/2 or a 2/4. No problem with this card though. The other is fairly costed and a little rendomness at such a cost can be quite interesting for casual.
    Check my

Deviant page
    ...if you want.
    Would Wretched Banquet target your creature if you played it (if it qualifies)?

Also, what if the creature has Pro-Black?

Would be a much better card if it says Destroy the creature with the lowest power that target player controls.

Oh well, might be fun in limited.
    L1 Judge

EDIT: the following post is completely different to what it used to be - reading the card is tech :p

Quote from Ryuuk
    Would Wretched Banquet target your creature if you played it (if it qualifies)?

As worded, your creature is the only legal target for the spell, so you'd have to target it if you played this spell.

Also, what if the creature has Pro-Black?

No. (It can't be targeted by black sources) If there are no other legal targets with the lowest power, the spell cannot be played (i think).

I like it for limited - you should usually be able to manipulate circumstances (chumping/gangblocking with your smaller guys) to hit whatever you want.

Would be a much better card if it says Destroy the creature with the lowest power that target player controls.

BTW, that would be generally better than Cruel Edict, barring regeneration/indestructibility.
    Last edited by the_fish: 1/25/2009 1:06:53 PM
    Wretched Banquet wouldn't be able to target pro-black creatures and it would also backfire if your creatures were smaller... but it is a pretty cheap removal and even if both u & ur opponent have a 1/1 out, you can still target his 1/1.

Infectious Horror is also pretty good in limited and already great in multiplayer.
    Me: Wretched Banquet on Akrasan Squire?
    Opponent: Constricting Tendrils (U, target creature gets -3/-0 until EOT) on Hissing Iguana?
    Me: =(
    Quote from urzassedatives
    Oh yeah, no filthy tentacle jokes.
    Wretched Banquet: I prefer removal without targeting restrictions like Incinerate, Nameless Inversion and Cruel Edict, but I may find a use for this card yet. C+.

Infectios Horror: I wish this guy had evasion so much. C.
    Now Playing:
    Standard
    RogueDeckWins (mono-B aggro)
    AngelDusk G/W/U control)
    Land of Confusion (B/R/u Blightning Beatdown
    Shore/Bind (G/U aggro w/ mistbind clique)

Casual
    Hostile Takeover (U/B Tutor)
    Stompy (Mono-G super aggro)

Ghost of Jimi Hendrix 4 president 2012! Grin
    That made me laugh. =)
    Banquet is.. pretty bad in this format. Though in the end, it's essentially an Innocent Blood that doesn't get around pro black.

I like it.

Host is cool- simple but effective. I don't see why they can't cover cool design space like this instead of printing Hill Giants? There is elegant simple, and stupid simple.
    Here's to hoping the art on Wretched Banquet is gruesome.
    I like the Infection Horror in multiplayer. Wretched Banquest doesn't seem like a black card as black doesn't impose restrictions on its self when destroying creatures.
    Legacy
    BUG Dredge BUG]
    WUBRG Storm WUBRG
    UBR FaerieStalker UBR

EDH
    U/B mana Sygg, River Cutthroat U/B mana (1vs1)
    black mana Maga, Traitor to Mortals black mana (multiplayer)
    Quote from Yagami
    I like the Infection Horror in multiplayer. Wretched Banquest doesn't seem like a black card as black doesn't impose restrictions on its self when destroying creatures.

It doesn't? Terror is doing it for some time now, as do a lot of other black removal cards. Usually it's akin to "non black" or "tapped creature" or something like that. Black usually has a 'catch' in their removal...

Call of Cthulhu CCG Servitor for the Netherlands!

Arkham, the 1920's. Investigators battle horrors from beyond time and space, risking life and sanity while conspiracies of cultists and malign servitors seek gateways for their outer gods to return...
    Soon, the stars will be right! Great Cthulhu shall rise!
    Quote from GodoftheGrove

It doesn't? Terror is doing it for some time now, as do a lot of other black removal cards. Usually it's akin to "non black" or "tapped creature" or something like that. Black usually has a 'catch' in their removal...
    I meant when destroying a creature with the lowest power or toughness. It feels like a white card that's black.
    Legacy
    BUG Dredge BUG]
    WUBRG Storm WUBRG
    UBR FaerieStalker UBR

EDH
    U/B mana Sygg, River Cutthroat U/B mana (1vs1)
    black mana Maga, Traitor to Mortals black mana (multiplayer)
    The banquet is cute, but kinda meh, but the horror, well I like his ability, it'll fit nicely in my black multiplayer deck, my only concern is thqat 2/2 is abit easily dealt with...

white mana black mana red mana
    I killed an orc with a door once.
    W/B mana B/R mana R/W mana

i do think the banquet is a black card, it is like a "hey, lets gang up on the little guy" thing, i never really felt that drop of honey or porphery nodes belonged in green or white.
    Infectious Host- a 2/2 for 3B is pretty bad but this is sort of like a 2/2 which becomes a 4/2 when it attacks only better because the extra +2/+0 is dealt in life loss instead and doesn't even require the Host to hit the opponent.

Wretched Banquet- It's removal and as such i'll draft it and i'll run it in sealed. However it's also very weak removal so I won't be too happy about it. Still it's good at destroying those annoying Guardians of Akrasa.

Machius proudly supports R_E's right to Rumour!
    Quote from Orange Mage
    In general, Machius is right on the button. You should follow his line of thinking.
    wretched banquet becomes a much better card when played alongside infest and similar boardsweepers.
    Quote from Metallix87
    Thanks to Digital for posting these:

Infectious Horror
    Creature - Horror (C)

Whenever Infectious Horror attacks, each opponent loses 2 life.

2/2

Wretched Banquet
    Sorcery (C)

Destroy target creature with the least power or tied for least power.

Discuss.

infectious horror seems strong. it's like it's a murk dwellers but it always hits for 2 hehe

it could've used more toughness like 5 though

banquet... will you play it over terror? not likely. when you need to cast a kill spell, it wont likely be wasted to a weakling threat.
    Just going to note that if you play Banquet, targeting a guy, and the guy with lowest power changes (Agony Warp or something) it won't change the target of the spell to that, it will just fizzle the spell, so you won't get completely punched in the face.
    Card Advantage, The silent killer.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes