[CON] Mana Rouge: Sigil of the Empty Throne & Goblin Razerunners

Sigille du trône vacant - (3)(W)(W)
    Enchantement - Rare
    A chaque fois que vous jouez un sort d'enchantement, mettez en jeu un jeton de créature ange 4/4 blanc avec le vol.

Rapineurs gobelins - (2)(R)(R)
    Créature - Gobelin et ?? - Rare
    3/4
    (1)(R), sacrifiez un terrain : mettez un marqueur +1/+1 sur les Rapineurs gobelins.
    A la fin de votre tour, vous pouvez choisir que les Rapineurs gobelins infligent au joueur ciblé un nombre de blessures égal au nombre des marqueurs +1/+1 dessus.

Thanks to taiji from mtgfrance.

EDIT:

Sigil of the Empty Throne - 3WW
    Enchantment (R)
    Whenever you play an enchantement spell, put a 4/4 white Angel creature token with flying into play.

Goblin Razerunners - 2RR
    Creature - Goblin ______ (R)
    1R, Sacrifice a land: Put a +1/+1 counter on Goblin Razerunners.
    At the end of your turn, you may have Goblin Razerunners deal damage to target player equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on Goblin Razerunners.
    3/4
    Last edited by rancored_elf: 1/6/2009 12:12:49 AM
    Isn't that three cards? Anyway, here's what I think they say:

1. Whenever you play an enchantment spell, put a 4/4 white Angel creature token with flying into play.

2. Oh wait we already know this one so I guess it's two NEW ones Smile

3. 1R, sacrifice a land: Put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
    At the end of your turn, you may have ~ deal damage to target player equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on ~.
    Last edited by azngenius: 1/5/2009 9:59:28 AM
    Level 3 Magic Judge
    Do you know any judges who always impress you with their work ethic, knowledge, or attitude? Nominate them to be the next Judge of the Week!
    Quote from Nof
    Sigille du trône vacant - (3)(W)(W)
    Enchantement - Rare
    A chaque fois que vous jouez un sort d'enchantement, mettez en jeu un jeton de créature ange 4/4 blanc avec le vol.

Chute Ardente (5)(R)
    Ephémère - Commune
    Chute Ardente inflige 5 blessures à une créature ciblée.
    recyclage de terrain de base (1)(R) ((1)(R): Cherchez un terrain de base en vous défaussant de cette carte)

Rapineurs gobelins - (2)(R)(R)
    Créature - Gobelin et ?? - Rare
    3/4
    (1)(R), sacrifiez un terrain : mettez un marqueur +1/+1 sur les Rapineurs gobelins.
    A la fin de votre tour, vous pouvez choisir que les Rapineurs gobelins infligent au joueur ciblé un nombre de blessures égal au nombre des marqueurs +1/+1 dessus.

Translation incoming. Thanks to taiji from mtgfrance.

First :
    Sigil of the Empty Throne - :3mana::symw::symw:
    Enchantment (R)
    Whenever you play an enchantment spell, put a 4/4 flying white angel into play under your control.

Fiery fall : already confirmed.

Goblin Razerunners : :2mana::symr::symr:
    Creature - goblin - ?? (R)
    3/4
    :1mana::symr: : sacrifice a land : put a +1/+1 token on ~.
    At the end of your turn, you may have ~ deal damage to target player equal to the number of +1/+1 token on ~.

Oh, and the magazine confirms countersqualls, as an unco.
    Last edited by urzassedatives: 1/5/2009 2:29:21 PM
    Sigil of ?
    ww3 Enchantment Rare
    Whenever you play another enchantment, put a 4/4 flying angel token into play.

The second one is the R5 5 damgae spell with basic land cycling

RR2 Something Goblins
    3/4
    R1 sac a land- Gets a +1+1 counter
    At the end of turn. I think it deals damage to target player equal to the number of +1 +1 counters it has..

Edit: Mega sarnathed..
    Sigille of the vacant throne - (3) (W) (W) {Cant translate this name}
    Enchantment - Rare
    When you play an enchanment card put a 4/4 white flying angel into play.

Burning fall (5) (R)
    Instant - common
    Burning Fall deals 5 damage to target creature
    Basicland Cycling (1) (R)

Rapineurs goblins - (2) (R) (R)
    Creature - Goblin - Rare
    (1) (R), sacrifice a land: put a +1/+1 counter on ~. At the end of turn you may have ~ deal damage equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on ~.
    3/4
    I am sorry for my bad english grammar and sentence structure, english is not my first language.

~My signatures are made by myself :)~
    Wandering Goblins looks nice, prone to spot removal, but a very nice effect.
    WIE DE SCHOEN PAST TREKKE HEM AAN
    Is it me, or is the goblins a good card?
    Yeah it takes away resources, but if you pair it with Crucible of Worlds...
    also: the enchantment seems to be priced at just the right amount to keep it from looking good, although at 2WW would it be too good or just perfect?
    It is not Wandering Goblins.... because that is a common red card.
    Okay so the only other choice is Goblin Razerunners, which kinda makes sense because Realm Razer deals with lands too.
    Level 3 Magic Judge
    Do you know any judges who always impress you with their work ethic, knowledge, or attitude? Nominate them to be the next Judge of the Week!
    I am quite intrigued by the enchantment. Fits well in echantress types of decks and will generate card advantage in the long run. Also costed 'interestingly' reminding you of Serra Smile

Pity that it will not trigger itself.

Banner and avvy made by LeGambit!!

Kekeke Hammered by the Banhammer Kekeke
    Wandering Goblins is the sort of card that requires an immediate answer. It's similar to Siege-Gang Commander, but I'm not sure which of those is a better choice for your average burn deck.

The Sigil is ok. It's a pretty typical casual card, similar to the enchantresses, I suppose. Possibly a build-around-me limited card, because making three to four 4/4 angel tokens will probably win you the game there.
    All thanks to a regular source of disappointment.
    Quote from Megiddo
    that's like that time when I got mistaken for kim jong un
    Hmmm... let's see:

Oblivion Ring. I make a 4/4 angel...
    Runed Halo. I make a 4/4 angel...
    Bitterblossom. I make a 4/4 angel...

Probably a 1-of in an Idyllic Tutor mono-white or B/W control deck? I could see this happening, but it's still a bit slow as a win condition; at five I'd probably be happier playing an Oversoul of Dusk or something. And it still needs a card advantage engine. Desperately...

Wandering Goblins is... cute, I guess? 3/4 for four is nothing to scoff at, but this seems far too vulnerable to a random Path to Exile or Bant Charm. Then again, creatures with toughness 4 or more ARE above the cheap removal line...

I'm going to say mostly casual, with some block applications depending on what else is printed. Anyone's welcome to prove me wrong, though...
    People hiss and grunt at Mark Rosewater for the state of the game. Few realize, though, that it is Aaron Forsythe who is directly responsible of the current state of affairs due to negligence as head of Magic R&D and a completely skewed view of the game as a whole.

So next time you want to make an avvy with Rosewater pissing on something, take a deep breath and consider pasting Forsythe's face there instead...
    The enchantment altough a bit expensive is very good imo.
    It doesnt hurt in multiples,and there are some good enchantments to support it.
    (o-ring,fertile ground,runed halo,bliss)
    I imagine a bant ramp deck to accelerate into it and then start throwing enchantments :p
    I guess I have another card for my Celestial Ancient deck, but I doubt Sigil of the Empty Throne will see any competitive play.

Goblin Razerunners seem interesting, though.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc
    Countryside Crusher, meet Wandering Goblins
    The Goblins in GR with some way to load them up with +1/+1 counters seems fun.
    Goblin Rigderunners is nice. but not extremely playable outside of limited. Gives me something to do with that extra land yay!

Thanks to spiderboy4 for the great avatar and sig from High Light Studios!

Quote from MTGN00B
    Garruck man... go Garruck or go home... And then get money, and go Garruck.
    Or i'm just gonna mana ramp it up cause i'm garruck. I'm a tank.

The angel enchantment is fantastic! It would be all the better if it was "when an enchantment you control comes into play" so Zur and Enduring Ideal could abuse it. Considering how many cheap enchantments there are right now however, it's a niiice card.
    www.mtgotraders.com - Enter Code PANDAPAYPAL for 8% off!
    www.CapeFearGames.com - Enter Code PANDA for 5% off!
    Limit of 1 coupon per order
    I'm really diggin' that enchantment.. My W/G mana Enchantress deck is not winning enough w/4/4 Elementals.

This should provide a nice boost. Just wish it cost 1 mana less.
    Juggs W/U mana U/R mana R/G mana G/U mana U/B mana B/G mana W/G mana W/B mana B/R mana R/W mana Juggs
    Nude Eternal Witness?
    Wouldn't they have to edit that for the Chinese markets?
    Only if she had skulls for nipples.

Quote from Mike Flores »
    Absolutely nothing but boom booms in this deck.

Blue Deck
    Black Deck
    Red Deck
    Green Deck
    I like the enchantment, it looks really good although probably it wont see play in type 2. It is definately a good card though in an enchantment deck. The goblin is a bit weird and i dont like having my lands devoured just for it to get a buff. His effect though is powerful if it stays in play some turns. It dies to black removal but it survives against burn. It is a good card too.

i know this is not massively on topic but it is kind of, is there a way to 'cheat' enchantments into play? would obv work well with the above enchantment.
    Expandertron

"Smash it!"
    Nof, thank you for spoiling these cards.

I LOVE the Thrones as it gives me more oomph in my mono W enchantress deck. This is the card that I want to draw early on from here on out. Well done wizards. In my book, this is yet another winner for white coming out of this set.

I'll be the renegade champion for the goblin and say I hope it's a shaman. Rage Forger and friends are eagerly awaiting him.
    Wicked Sig by Spiderboy4 and Highlight Studios
    Looks like its time for Shimmering Wings to shine.
    With that in your hand, Empty Throne becomes UU: put a 4/4 flying creature token into play. Holy Moly...

Looks like Combo players just got their latest treat.
    Chumping Engine 3
    Artifact (Rare)
    Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard from play you may put X 0/1 Chump Artifact Creature tokens into play where X is that creature's Power.
    "Soon the Pointless Saviour will come...*splat*" - 1/1 Vanilla's last words.
    These are fun cards!

Sigil + Evershrike + Oblivion Ring + Runed Halo + Tons of enchantments .dec?

The goblin just looks like fun. His stats are pretty solid for the casting cost and his ability is very relevant, especially late game. His ability combos with Soul's Might for limited.
    I love Sigil of the Empty Throne. A free 4/4 Angel whenever I play an o-ring or anthem? Yes please! It's just too bad it doesn't combo with Enchanted Evening...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes