[CON] Ignite Disorder

Another card in the colour hoser cycle from Conflux, following in the footsteps of Celestial Purge.

A quick and easy riddle since I'm at work.

Ignite Disorder

Colour, Speed and Casting Cost: Incinerate
    Rarity: Oona's Blackguard

Ability: Fire at Will without the old restrictions but with a new colour restriction.

SOLVED: Well done, Rainbowbrite solves it on the first post! Smile

Ignite Disorder
    1R
    Instant
    Uncommon

Ignite disorder deals 3 damage divided as you choose among any number of target white and/or blue creatures.
    Last edited by Sporvan: 1/23/2009 2:33:09 AM
    Ignite Disorder 1R
    Instant (U)
    ~ deals 3 damage divided as you choose among any number of target white or blue creatures?

Not great...Good SB card if Bant.dec gets going? Yay for being first though. Smile
    Last edited by Caranthir: 1/23/2009 5:12:33 AM
    Though I didnt look good at some things there :-/.

SB material yeah. vs kithkin, reveillark and bant.
    Thanks to my cousin for this cool drawing!
    Member of [Planar Chaos]
    Kind of a crappy uncommon(when you compare it to nearly every other removal card that costs 1R), but of course every card is made with Limited in mind anymore.
    :symur::symur::symur::symur::symur:

Several years ago, WotC apparently surveyed Magic players across the globe. They found that people liked turning things sideways, and hated LD. This is the result:
    Quote from Lori
    2RRRRR

Destroy target land if that land is tapped and it's a Thursday

Flashback 7RRRRRRRRRRR
    Very good sideboard against white weenie, it will 2 for 1 on turn 2 hopefully. or kill spectral procession tokens.
    Yeah, it doesn't seem that good. Still, I can't complain about taking out three Spectral Procession tokens. Cloudgoat Ranger tokens too.
    Or the Ranger itself, if necessary. Cloudgoat, that is.
    Although this might also teach people not to make Ranger of Eos, get 2x Figure, play Figure, pass.

I guess it's fairer than Disorder.
    Meh. A little unimpressive. I'll take any other burn card over this, it's pretty narrow in its effect. At least the white hoser destroys permanents. this isn't even a guarantee even when it resolves. Still, interesting, if unspectacular.
    CASUAL RULES!!! Grin

Currently Playing:

RIFT SLIDE (Casual)

I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English. If you believe in capital letters, correct spelling and good sentence structure, then copy this into your signature.
    On first glance, it seems pretty weak. However, against some decks it is pure card advantage (b/w tokens and aggro in particular), and it might find it's way into many red sideboards.
    A possible 3 for 1 always deserves looking into.

Banner and avatar by the one and only Craven at Epic graphics. Check them out.

Offical High Priest of Reign of Blood
    Does anyone else feel that the name doesn't fit the ability? I assumed this card was going to be some sort of threaten effect, not just burn. Although it does hate on WU, the colors of order, so I suppose I could see the connection. Go ahead and ignore this post. Although if you took the time to read this far, I would feel bad to have wasted your time, so, umm, I guess this would be a nice sideboard card for mono-red to outrace WW.
    Quote from InfernoTowel

Sure, stuff like Snapping Drake and Goblin Piker are for limited. But Null isn't even playable against a 5 year old whose hand consists of a 6 of Clubs, Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Chimney Imp, and a very large cumquat.

Quote from Horseshoe_Hermit

if they rename any zone to the battlefield I will kill a kitten. OMG

NO KITTENS WERE HARMED WITH THE RELEASE OF M10.
    Ignite Disorder- Despite being part of a cycle with Celestrial Purge this is so much weaker, if only it could hit players as well i'd have rated this very highly. That said it is nice that it can by itself deal with a Spectral Procession and while it can't kill the black bitterblossom tokens it can kill multiple blue faeries. Limited probably maindeckable since most decks should have at least 1 of the 2 colors, and an okay mid pick in draft. For constructed it's highly doubtful given that for just 1 more mana you get the far superior Volcanic Fallout or just Fire at Will(which didn't see play in any case).

Machius proudly supports R_E's right to Rumour!
    Quote from Orange Mage
    In general, Machius is right on the button. You should follow his line of thinking.
    with this restriction, it should've gone for 4 damage, or 3 with the creature options, or a player that controls blue/white permanents

still, it's not SUPER bad. It can remove more than one white/blue creature in play, but it's limited to that. I'll hold onto mine until I make up my mind, I guess

(assuming the card in the OP is accurate)

Quote from Riotsword
    Kind of a crappy uncommon(when you compare it to nearly every other removal card that costs 1R), but of course every card is made with Limited in mind anymore.

Yeah, pretty much Frown

I think it's probably sideboard playable in some Standard decks, but overall it's already kinda obsolete in the grand scheme of things.

B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana W/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana
    If this post is in a "running tally" thread, I'm referring to the price of the item on my website. If it's in Card Creation, I design for Portal 4, a hypothetical set legal in Legacy constructed only. Smile
    Not bad of a sideboard card, but there are probably better things to do with them sb slots.
    Nice sideboard trick in limited, and that's all it'll ever be.
    WIE DE SCHOEN PAST TREKKE HEM AAN
    This should be called 'Ignite Spectral Procession tokens'.
    Expandertron

"Smash it!"
    Good sideboard for kithkins but not enough.... I think he'll have a spot in limited though.
    I like it. It's actually a decent SB card in general.
    Why in the name of god doesn't this do damage that can't be prevented? Its a limited, worse incinerate, that burrenton forge tender can still stop.

Lol, red and black god the short end of the stick on colour hosers in this block. Times bloody ten.

Quote from CorpT
    Continue playing your original deck and hoping that TOs start giving out points for creativity. Someone has to go 1-3 at FNM every week.

I don't think the bad part is that they got the worse haters. The bad part is the fact that the card that hates black and red (till now it was one) totally rocks. Oh, and it's white. And oh, white is getting other great cards as well

...better start to think how to outdo these cards...

Ignite Disorder: C. Incinerate can deal damage to players AND nonwhite nonblue creatures.
    In a word, Pyroclasm. The one application i can think of where this card is better (in standard) is as a sideboard card for W/R tokens vs. W/B tokens. But even then it becomes completely miserable once an anthem effect hits the table.
    In Block Constructed, I fully expect a WR Control/Weenie deck would run Celestial Purge main deck... That being said, Ignite Disorder would be a great card to replace when Celestial Purge is dead... I don't expect mono-green to be a viable deck, so this two card combination works out pretty well...

The drawback would be that both cards could also hurt a WR Weenie deck... but what can you do about that?
    That's so weak. And out of place. Seems like they're putting abandonned Shadowmoor block cards in this set.
    Check my

Deviant page
    ...if you want.
    Why in the name of god doesn't this do damage that can't be prevented? Its a limited, worse incinerate, that burrenton forge tender can still stop.

Lol, red and black god the short end of the stick on colour hosers in this block. Times bloody ten.

Agreed they got hosed to a point (hey- Deathmark and Cryoclasm are still pretty damn good... hopefully it will be Deathmark, Cryoclasm, Flashfreeze, Super Naturalize, and Celestial Purge in 11th?)

Anyways, it's strong in block, which is what matters right now. I imagine in block it will be a full playset in the board, seeing as WW is particularly good, and the number of multicolored creatures means it will always find a target. (most of the time)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes