[CON] Hellkite Hatchling

ría del engendro

Criatura - Dragón

Devorar 1

La Cría del engendro tiene las habilidades de arrollar y volar si devoró una criatura.

2/2

Can somebody translate this?, i don't think we had this card yet.

Btw, i found it on a spanish site that also had the card Fnord had a puzzle for, the black 7/7 thingie

EDIT:
    Hellkite Hatchling - 2GR
    Creature - Dragon (U)
    Devour 1
    Hellkite Hatchling has flying and trample if it devoured a creature.
    2/2
    Last edited by Volrath: 1/10/2009 6:12:11 AM

Thanks to SpiderBoy4 @ High-Light Studio's for the awesome banner

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.”
    —Volrath

I am petitioning for the removal of mythic rarity. Sig this to join the cause!
    Quote from Volrath
    ría del engendro

Criatura - Dragón

Devorar 1
    La Cría del engendro tiene las habilidades de arrollar y volar si devoró una criatura. 2/2

Can somebody translate this?, i don't think we had this card yet.

Btw, i found it on a spanish site that also had the card Fnord had a puzzle for, the black 7/7 thingie

Hellkite Hatchling
    2BR
    Creature - Dragon (U)
    Devour 1
    Hellkite Hatchling has trample and flying if it devoured a creature.
    2/2
    I think that is
    Cría del engendro
    Devour 1
    ~has trample and flying if it has devoured a creature (sry for my english)
    2/2
    Currently playing with:
    - WUBG Allies WUBG -
    - BRU Crypt Combo BRU -
    I don't know what the name means but its
    2BR
    Creature - Dragon (Unc)
    Devour 1
    If ~ devoured a creature it has Flying and Trample
    Look what I got on my way home? Surprised? So was I.
    Using just babelfish: Cría of I generate has the abilities to coil and to fly if it devoured a creature. Yeah, not so good.

So it gains flying if it devoured a creature as well as whatever the proper translation of the verb "arrollar" is.

Triple Sarnath'd!
    Limited enthusiast, Legacy miser, and begrudging Commander.
    Hmmm... interesting. A 3/3 flying trample (at least) for 4... not bad. Not bad at all...
    Chumping Engine 3
    Artifact (Rare)
    Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard from play you may put X 0/1 Chump Artifact Creature tokens into play where X is that creature's Power.
    "Soon the Pointless Saviour will come...*splat*" - 1/1 Vanilla's last words.
    Quote from Makaro
    Using just babelfish: Cría of I generate has the abilities to coil and to fly if it devoured a creature. Yeah, not so good.

I loled.
    This card seems kind of good for limited; 3/3 flyers for 4 are fine (elvish visionary/dragon fodder/unearth man make good food i hear)
    Thank you guys for translating.

The card looks cool in limited, but kinda meh in constructed.

Glad that i could help filling the spoiler:)

Thanks to SpiderBoy4 @ High-Light Studio's for the awesome banner

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.”
    —Volrath

I am petitioning for the removal of mythic rarity. Sig this to join the cause!
    I was kinda hoping that Hellkite Hatchling would be a little better. It still looks like a fun card but not anything really good.

Banner by KrackShott

Quote from Volrath
    Thank you guys for translating.

The card looks cool in limited, but kinda meh in constructed.

Glad that i could help filling the spoiler:)

Hey, it's a cheap dragon, you don't see many of those kicking around, right? And all it needs to do is eat some useless scrub to grow nice and stompy. And fly. A 3/3 Flying Trampler for 4 in BR colors is pretty decent, a nice uncommon for limited and casual :D. AND, if you have lots of scrubs, it can eat a lot, and with B in its cost it can't be touched by terror, so that's also not bad.
    Limited BOMB. Jesus.

Constructed, not so much...
    Why not have it cost 1 less? Wont see play as it is. Although I applaud the "if it devoured" design.
    Fool me seven times, shame on you. Fool me eight or more times, shame on me ~ Amy, Futurama.
    Hellkite Hatchling- it's a boring 2/2 for 2BR on it's own, but if you devour a creature it becomes a respectable Assault Zeppelid. Limited strong, constructed nothing. Potentially of interest as a cheap dragon for any dragon tribal deck.

Machius proudly supports R_E's right to Rumour!
    Quote from Orange Mage
    In general, Machius is right on the button. You should follow his line of thinking.
    Maybe it will see play in BR tokens ?
    Legacy
    BUG Dredge BUG]
    WUBRG Storm WUBRG
    UBR FaerieStalker UBR

EDH
    U/B mana Sygg, River Cutthroat U/B mana (1vs1)
    black mana Maga, Traitor to Mortals black mana (multiplayer)
    The card isn't all that powerful, but quintuple kudos to wizards on the design! Surprising, and yet a completely intuitive next step! Well done.
    I regard it particularly powerful for an uncommon
    Quote from Yagami
    Maybe it will see play in BR tokens ?

It wont. The problem is that you need to sacrifice at least 2 creatures to be worthy of its mana cost and at least 3 creatures to avoid flame javelin etc. On the other hand voracious dragon is way better for just one more mana. Since you cant play both, you play voracious. Its simple.

Quote from Johm000

Hellkite Hatchling 2BR
    Creature - Dragon (U)
    Devour 1
    Hellkite Hatchling has trample and flying if it devoured a creature.
    2/2

This is going to be quite a great bomb, for constructed AND limiitted. Look good for faerie tokens, elf tokens, thalid token... just about any tokens.

In a Jund deck, something like this:

Turn 1: Forest, BoP
    Turn 2: Mountain, Dragon Fodder, 1 drop
    Turn 3: Swamp, Hellkite Hatchling, as at least a 5/5, flying, trample (unless you gobble up the BoP, then 6/6!)

I'm grabbing a place-set of these early!

Come check out my trades!!!
    Quote from panos:)
    It wont. The problem is that you need to sacrifice at least 2 creatures to be worthy of its mana cost and at least 3 creatures to avoid flame javelin etc. On the other hand voracious dragon is way better for just one more mana. Since you cant play both, you play voracious. Its simple.
    Voracios Dragon can only devour goblins. It doesn't devour bitterblossom token's which is something the Hellkite Hatchling can do.
    Legacy
    BUG Dredge BUG]
    WUBRG Storm WUBRG
    UBR FaerieStalker UBR

EDH
    U/B mana Sygg, River Cutthroat U/B mana (1vs1)
    black mana Maga, Traitor to Mortals black mana (multiplayer)
    Where did 2BR come from?

I'm going to be different and say this card is terrible weak. It only works with tokens. And... why wouldn't I just use the tokens? Instead of putting, literally, all my Saprolings into one casket.
    Epic banner by Erasmus of æтђєг.
    Awesome avatar provided by Krashbot @ [Epic Graphics].

Quote from Yagami
    Voracios Dragon can only devour goblins. It doesn't devour bitterblossom token's which is something the Hellkite Hatchling can do.

No, Voracious Dragon can devour any creature, but you get the extra damage only from devoured goblins.
    Currently playing:
    EDH:
    Damia BUG
    Quote from Yagami

Yeah but goblin assault, dragon fodder, siege-gang commander and marsh flitter produce goblin tokens. Also voracious is pretty bigger and deals a lot of damage from the tokens you devour.

Doesn't have haste.

Pass.
    it's a limited only card, like others have said. it reminds me a bit of Kulrath Knight, which I thought was a pretty decent limited pick back during LOR-SHA.
    Quote from xChaospherex

Take your monoblack deck, then set aside 14 swamps. Add 4 Creeping Tar Pits, 4 Darkslick Shores, 4 Drowned Catacombs, and 2 Jwar isle Refuge and add 4 Jace, the Mindsculptors. Your monoblack deck is instantly better. Better yet, drop those refuges, throw in some islands and some mana leaks, and lo and behold, you're now playing a real deck. Congratulations. Welcome to the world of competitive M:TG.
    Reminds me of the 'volvers. In that, it has memory issues but is allowed since you can generally use the number of counters to determine whether it's supercharged or not.

Practice for Vintage Masters Limited:
    Draft: (#1) (#2) (#3) (#4)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes