[CON] Shambling Remains

Quote from zesty234
    The new "Gouger" isn't a 4/4.... he's a 4/3 and has unearth..... he's fantastic..and uncommon obv....

This is Zesty's quote from the Bolas thread. I thought it deserved its own thread.

From the creator of the Bolas thread, his friend said it was the new gouger and costs some combination of red and black. So I presume it has a CC of 3, but I don't know if it's 1RB, or RRB, or RBB.

Don't know the name either.

Update (Thanks Zesty!):

Shambling Remains :1mana::symr::symb:
    (Creature - Zombie?) (U)
    Can't block
    Unearth :symr::symb:
    4/3
    Last edited by UT_BKC: 1/14/2009 3:22:44 PM
    The compiled orb results show a hit for 1RB but not for RBB or RRB.
    Sigs are tech.
    So...

Awesome New Gouger
    :1mana::symb::symr:
    Uncommon
    Creature - Horror(?)
    Unearth 2R(?)
    4/3

If his Unearth is any cheaper or perhaps something like :symb::symr:, it would be out of this world good. Blightning Aggro FTW! Smile
    Watch The Magic Show on YouTube.

Follow me on Twitter!

Custom Magic Sets: Rise of the Titans, a 295 card follow-up to Fires of Heaven!

Visit www.CubeDrafting.com to learn about the Cube and how to play the best format of all time.
    misterorange: Can't block?
    I think he mentionned some kind of drawback however...
    Quote from misterorange
    So...

Awesome New Gouger
    Uncommon
    Creature - Horror(?)
    Unearth 2R(?)
    4/3

If his Unearth is any cheaper or perhaps something like :symb::symr:, it would be out of this world good. Blightning Aggro FTW! Smile

It was also said that it has a drawback
    M10... What a great core set Grin
    Quote from misterorange
    So...

Awesome New Gouger
    Uncommon
    Creature - Horror(?)
    Unearth 2R(?)
    4/3

Think you forgot that this is a gouger... therefore it should be something like:

Awesome New Gouger
    Uncommon
    Creature - Horror(?)
    Awesome New Gouger can't block
    Unearth 2R(?)
    4/3

it needs something to balance cost / power ratio.
    If he's being referred to as the new "gouger" it will mean he can't block. Otherwise, why reference gouger?
    Well the drawback on gouger was that he can't block.
    This was originally being called the new "gouger" because they thought it was a 4/4 for 3cc.
    But Zesty said he is 4/3 not 4/4.
    Current Decks:

Cruel Control
    RRDWR
    Scarland Thrinax?
    My guess is Toxic Iguanar.

Iguanar says lizard says red. Toxic says black. Toxic also says some sort of disgusting, poisonous ability ... like rising out of a graveyard.

Infectious Horror could fit the flavor just as easily though.
    I just opened a Planar Chaos booster and pulled an Extirpate and a Damnation in the same pack.

GIVE ARABIAN NIGHTS THE COLDSNAP TREATMENT!
    Doesn't mean it can't block just cause it's a gouger. Toxic Iguanar could mean that you lose 2 life when it comes into play, making it hurt more with unearth......
    Quote from Magic Mage

Edit: Something just happened, and something else happened.

On Planar Chaos:
    Quote from kman1474
    wow Braids looks like a cathlic school girl and not even the hot type.
    Toxis Iguanar sounds right.

Infectious Horror sounds like it has an activated ability beyond Unearth.

Also, this is all still speculation? The drawback could be terrible- I'm sure by Gouger, he just meant RB 4 power creature for 3, not so much the Can't Block part. (not saying it can't happen, just saying it sounds a little overpowered still...)
    Quote from Retro315
    My guess is Toxic Iguanar.

Iguanar says lizard says red. Toxic says black. Toxic also says some sort of disgusting, poisonous ability ... like rising out of a graveyard.

Infectious Horror could fit the flavor just as easily though.

It can't be toxic iguanar - it is red accordingly to Zesty in numbers crunch and the same apply to infectious horror - it is black.

So, the Scarland Thrinax makes more sense, specially because we know that the name sounds both Grixis and Jund
    M10... What a great core set Grin
    He said the drawback was better than Gouger. So, at least, it's something different.
    There isnt a lot that could be considered better than cant block and at the same time a drawback. What is that blocking it speaks of anyway?
    Fool me seven times, shame on you. Fool me eight or more times, shame on me ~ Amy, Futurama.
    Actually, a toughness of 3 makes all the difference in a world where Incinerate and Nameless Inversion are seeing play... Unearth is very nice though!
    WIE DE SCHOEN PAST TREKKE HEM AAN
    I'd wish he'd just be 3/4, even if he cant block. A 3 toughness makes him vulnerable to most of the removals in Standard.
    Quote from Zeichen
    I'd wish he'd just be 3/4, even if he cant block. A 3 toughness makes him vulnerable to most of the removals in Standard.

That's a nameless inversion that didn't hit ram gang or FoD and with unearth he still comes back and beats. Seems good.
    "Don't laugh. It works."
    -Yavimaya Ranger
    He doesn't really say that it is a gouger so being a thrinax is a possiblity.
    Here is my stab at the card. Grin

Scarland Thrinax
    Uncommon
    Creature - Lizard
    At the beginning of your upkeep sacrifice Scarland Thrinax unless you sacrifice a land you control.
    Unearth BR
    4/3
    Message me if you play MTGO and want to share cards Grin
    MTGS-Tradelist: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=394806
    [B][COLOR=#2e8b57]
    Quote from WacKy ZacKy

Scarland Thrinax
    Uncommon
    Creature - Lizard
    At the beginning of your upkeep sacrifice Scarland Thrinax unless you sacrifice a land you control.
    Unearth BR
    4/3

Sacrificing a land is not better than can't block, especially since his 3 toughness doesn't make him the best blocker anyway. I could maybe see a one time sac, but not every turn.

Scarland Thrinax
    Uncommon
    Creature - Lizard
    When Scarland Thrinax comes into play, sacrifice Scarland Thrinax unless you sacrifice a land you control.
    Unearth BR
    4/3

Or even better...

Scarland Thrinax
    Uncommon
    Creature - Lizard
    Champion Basic Land
    Unearth BR
    4/3
    Quote from parinoid
    I rolled 5 D6's and got 3 fours. They must have changed the odds of getting a 4!
    Quote from WacKy ZacKy

Scarland Thrinax
    Uncommon
    Creature - Lizard
    Unearth BR
    4/3
    That makes him kind of bad if you ask me. This drawback seems like to much.
    My EDH Decks
    [EDH] Ob Nixilis the Fallen
    • Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you...Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul...and the other died for your freedom.
    • The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help. -Ronald Reagan
    • The next time you think you are perfect...try walking on water. Halo
    Quote from WacKy ZacKy

Scarland Thrinax
    Uncommon
    Creature - Lizard
    Unearth BR
    4/3

Someone said his drawback is better than gougers..( and thats just not blocking)
    This would be unplayable i think..
    Why would you sacrifice lands just to keep alive a 4/3? Smile
    You can also sac a land and then get it killed so its a 2 for 1.
    And dont tell me unearth covers for it Grin
    I think its more like you lose 1 life at upkeep or something.
    I would bet it's more like this.

Awsome Gouger
    1:symr::symb:
    Uncommon
    Creature - Elemental
    Awesome Gouger must attack each turn if able.
    :symr::symb: Unearth
    4/3
    perhaps?

If Scarland Thrinax would be dealt damage, instead it deals that damage to you.

Punisher effect? and less hasseling than not being able to block....
    -H.
    Current Decks:
    T2
    BURnt Toast
    TX
    Sunburst Gifts / Rock Life
    EDH
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes