[CON] Salvage Slasher

Hi! Thanks Zetsy for let me to spoil the next card... I'll edit first post when it becomes solved...

I remember a card... a card that appeared in the first booster I opened!

My card from the past was a zombie with a lot of hunger... now it seems he eat everything... change the zone.

the new card seem touched by a sculptor... a sculptor that can humanize the zombie, but maybe he become something like a thief

Edit: Solved
    Salvage Slasher - 1B
    Artifact Creature - Human Rogue (C)
    Salvage Slasher gets +1/+0 for each artifact card in your graveyard.
    1/1
    Last edited by rancored_elf: 1/12/2009 4:26:12 AM
    An artifact zombie that eats the graveyard or steals artifacts in the opponants graveyard? I havent really figured out what the zombie from his past is yet.
    As for the name: salvage slasher, maybe?

Thanks to spiderboy4 for the sig.

Quote from makingnotches »
    You sir are amazing. You have the patience of a God.
    Maybe something like:

Salvage Slasher 2B
    Artifact creature - Human Rogue
    ~ gets +1/+0 for each artifact in your graveyard
    1/1

EDIT:
    Almost correct Smile
    Not too shabby for a common. Can get very high power in the right deck. Then fling it to the opponent?
    Last edited by joris_van_noord: 1/12/2009 4:31:46 AM
    The knights see a mighty quarry. The dragon sees breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
    Salvage Lasher

Salvage Lasher gets +1/+0 for each artifact card in your graveyard.

+1/+1

..Nim Lasher was the original zombie.
    Quote from Dapero

I remember a card... a card that appeared in the first booster I opened!
    Old set probably a common.

My card from the past was a zombie with a lot of hunger...
    Looks like we still haven't hit the right card yet...

now it seems he eat everything
    so it doesn't just apply to artifact/creature cards or a limited number of cards any more but to all cards.
    ... change the zone.
    In play -> graveyard? (Send to )Graveyard - > RFG?

the new card seem touched by a sculptor... a sculptor that can humanize the zombie, but maybe he become something like a thief

Pretty much must be Artifact Creature - Human Rogue

Thanks to spiderboy4 for the sig.

Quote from makingnotches »
    You sir are amazing. You have the patience of a God.
    Quote from Dapero
    Touched by a sculptor and change the zone (he eat everything) and youll get the full card Wink

Salvage Slasher 1B
    Artifact Creature- Human Rogue
    Salvage Slasher gets +1/+0 for each artifact card in all graveyards.
    1/1

Is this it then?
    Last edited by lord_of_obscurity: 1/12/2009 4:27:22 AM
    Reunite Gondwana!
    Salvage Slasher 1B
    1/1

Is this it then?

you win Wink

Edit first post in a minute Wink
    Quote from Dapero
    you win Wink

Smile

Quote from nal2
    You don't see any problem with this in late/midgame? ~11/1 for 1B? Grin

Not really. This card would probably be blocked. Which is the thing with it. While it can deal a lot of damage, a 1/1 could kill it.
    Reunite Gondwana!
    First turn with a Lotus Petal? :p Thumbs Up

B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana W/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana
    If this post is in a "running tally" thread, I'm referring to the price of the item on my website. If it's in Card Creation, I design for Portal 4, a hypothetical set legal in Legacy constructed only. Smile
    lord_of_obscurity: I was referring to another member's guess, that it would get "+1/+0 for each card in your graveyard". In the right deck that would pretty much be a new Phyrexian Dreadnaught.

The card as it is solved is more balanced I think, not the best card printed, but far from "the second worst card in the set" as Zesty seems to think (the post where Dapero says that seems deleted now though).
    So does it check all graveyards, or just your own? RE and the OP seem to have conflicting info.

Quote from Dapero
    Salvage Slasher 1B
    1/1

Is this it then?
    you win Wink

It would be better if it counted all cards in graveyard and not artifacts only ^^ .
    There´s a huge difference between Dreadnought and Salvage Slasher, you can´t really compare those cards!
    If this creature would have trample I might agree with you to some point but in this way its nothing more than a lil better Nim from Mirrodin block.
    Quote from Dapero
    Salvage Slasher:1mana::symb:
    Artifact Creature - Human Rogue
    Salvage Slasher gets +1/+0 for each artifact card in your graveyard.
    1/1

He has already updated his first post! Its only your GY.
    Last edited by drakelordphil: 1/12/2009 4:39:36 AM
    ---------------------------------
    My old poll: "Returning to Ulgrotha"
    Supporter of the theory 1+1=2 aka take the simple solution...:rolleyes:
    Quote from Asuryan
    So does it check all graveyards, or just your own? RE and the OP seem to have conflicting info.

in YOUR graveyard, i make a mistake reading the post of lord_of_obscurity
    The question is: Can it be broken?

It certainly has potential. In theory it can be a 20+ power creature for 2 mana. I don't know any other creature that can for this cost.

I think it's too hard though, and if you are able to get this many artifacts into your graveyard you can probably win anyway in vintage.
    stay with my first turn Dreadnought with stifle, which seems more easy to get as to brake this card imo.
    Again if it had trample it would be imba but this way you can chump block it with an Elspeth token (just to give any example of a token producer)
    Quote from drakelordphil
    stay with my first turn Dreadnought with stifle, which seems more easy to get as to brake this card imo.
    Again if it had trample it would be imba but this way you can chump block it with an Elspeth token (just to give any example of a token producer)

You mean trade instead of just chump block... since this only has 1 toughness. Seems seriously weak, even for a common. Slant

It seems that again black gets the weakest cards in the set. So far the best this set could provide to black are some "build around me or forget me" rares...
    definitly not a dreadnaught, dreadnaught has 12 toughness, this has one.
    This card doesn't eat anything. Bad card to boot.
    God never laughs at my jokes.
    ravager can give this guy a huge boost, eat artifacts, then dump all those +1/+1 counters on this guy, and he gets chumped ftw
    drakelordphil: As I said, I wasn't referring to the final card, but to another member's guess (which got deleted). No need to talk more about this, it's not important Smile My point however was that if it counted all cards in your GY (not only artifacts) it could too easily get abused in some combo/control-deck, making it a little too powerful for being a crap-common. But I was not speaking about this final card, I was replying to a guess of the card.
    due to the fact that he is an artifact himself he ain´t that bad. maybe we´ll see him in an superaggressive affinity deck if the extended meta would become controlheavy (unlikely).
    in limited this guy could be playable in an glaze fiend deck. he´ll be around to pick very late, so he will sometimes end up being 23rd card in an esper deck.
    R.I.P
    Ronnie Drew - Dubliner
    Quote from nal2
    drakelordphil: As I said, I wasn't referring to the final card, but to another member's guess (which got deleted). No need to talk more about this, it's not important Smile My point however was that if it counted all cards in your GY (not only artifacts) it could too easily get abused in some combo/control-deck, making it a little too powerful for being a crap-common. But I was not speaking about this final card, I was replying to a guess of the card.

Sorry I didn´t try to offend you in any way and didn´t have had knowledge of the previous deleted post. It´s just that I still gave my opinion about this card because even if it had +1/+0 through all GY´s it would still lack toughness 12 and trample (compared in speed with some combos, as Dready would attack for 12 in T2), although if it would have solely trample I could see at least some potential ;-)
    Another card for affinity decks that might not be good enough. But the fact that it is a rogue taunts me because I am tired of seeing tons of rogues that could never be put into my rogue deck.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes