[CON] Court Homunculus

Sent a private message to zesty to request information about my favorite little creature from Alara, the Homunculus. In the spirit of the zesty team, here is hopefully a simple puzzle.

Start with a Kird Ape, cast Niveous Wisps and Alter Reality and change forest to artifact (bear with me I know it doesn't work that way but damn it It's to early to think) lastly give the ability -0/-1 and untap it.

And you get....

Court Homunculus

Will update the post once it gets solved.

EDIT: Well that was quick and yeah I forgot about the card draw on nevious wisps. Caffeine hasn't hit yet.

Court Homunculus W
    Artifact Creature - Homunculus (C)
    Court homunculus gets +1/+1 if you control another artifact.
    1/1
    Last edited by Caranthir: 1/7/2009 8:43:15 AM
    Quote from Souljer
    There comes a time in every young Planeswalker's life that he realizes he has not been reading the card as well as he should. This is your time.

Quote from dragonmago
    Because milling is like a VD: Rarely lethal, annoying as hell and makes you look bad with your friends.

Hence "I got crabs"
    W
    Artifact creature - homounculus
    ~ gets +1/+1 as long as you control an artifact.
    1/1
    That should be "another artifact", shouldn't it? The Court Homunculus is already an artifact itself.

1, 2 - The TS angel wasn't Serra, and doesn't have Echo, Echo; 3 - Mindstab has suspend, not split second; 4 to 125 - TS bonus cards exist, not added in Development; 126 - Linessa is a legend; 127 - Vengeant is a planeswalker; 128 - Golden Lotus was fake; 129 - Only 3 Eldrazi Titans; 130 - Scars factions not equal; 131 - Besieged not split; 132 - Corrupted Conscience ; 133-137 - M12 Titans
    Anti-Crows - 5
    1 to 5 - The new card type introduced in Lorwyn will be Planeswalker.
    It must be "another artifact," or else it would always activate itself, making it a common non-Legendary Isamaru, Hound of Konda.
    Last edited by Phyrre56: 1/7/2009 8:46:26 AM
    But where did the card draw go? :p
    I think it is:

Court Homunculus W
    Creature - Homunculus Common/unc
    1/1
    I am sorry for my bad english grammar and sentence structure, english is not my first language.

~My signatures are made by myself :)~
    Kird Ape = 1/1
    Add Niveous Wisps = 1/1 and tapped.
    Alter Reality = Artifact instead of Forest
    Give -0/-1 and untap = 1/1

Court Homunculus W
    Creature
    If you control an Artifact Court Homunculus gets +1/+1.

1/1
    Last edited by ImAChampion: 1/7/2009 8:38:14 AM
    My EDH Decks
    [EDH] Ob Nixilis the Fallen
    • Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you...Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul...and the other died for your freedom.
    • The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help. -Ronald Reagan
    • The next time you think you are perfect...try walking on water. Halo
    Thats ok for limited.
    Dunno about constructed,maybe esper aggro :p
    Thanks for the info! This is a great common that will appeal to casual, players, but also fill out an aggro Esper deck, shaping up with Esperzoa. Just don't play Puppet Conjurer!
    Quote from Flaming.Fist
    But where did the card draw go? :p
    I think it is:

Court Homunculus W
    Creature - Homunculus Common/unc
    1/1

I think that this might be the correct form but you need to have card draw in there so possibly
    -when ~ comes into play if you control an artifact draw a card?
    "You'll bend to my will—with or without your precious sanity."
    -Dragon Mage
    I like it in limited.
    DCI Level 2 Judge - Shire5k on other forums and Twitter
    Player to Judge: "Judge, I have this card Palace Guard. It says it can block any number of creatures....is that true?"
    With this and Esperzoa, maybe WotC is pushing Esper Aggro?
    WBG Karador | WB Ghost Council | RG Stonebrow | WUBRG Sliver Overlord | UBR Sedris
    B Korlash | R Norin | WUG Phelddagrif | BRG Prossh | UB Oona

This is Isamaru as long as you have a two-drop should Esper aggro emerge. Me likey.
    Fool me seven times, shame on you. Fool me eight or more times, shame on me ~ Amy, Futurama.
    Yay, an Esper one-drop.

Not sure if it is constructed-worthy, though.
    Quote from Huaojozu
    This is Isamaru as long as you have a two-drop should Esper aggro emerge. Me likey.

I guess thats easy because in esper deck you could have 4x capsules,4x scullers(mostly this),4x sculptors.
    Even better in Extended with the Artifact lands, but it's probably too fragile to support a whole deck archetype.
    WBG Karador | WB Ghost Council | RG Stonebrow | WUBRG Sliver Overlord | UBR Sedris
    B Korlash | R Norin | WUG Phelddagrif | BRG Prossh | UB Oona

Um, seriously? This card is AWESOME. Esper deck is starting to take form!
    well, youre not gonna base an archetype on 2/2 for W. But it makes esper aggro closer to being competetive.
    Fool me seven times, shame on you. Fool me eight or more times, shame on me ~ Amy, Futurama.
    me likey. could be good in limited. drafting esper as son as i can:)

If you want good art on good cards copy my sig and add one(1)
    Quote from Huaojozu
    well, youre not gonna base an archetype on 2/2 for W. But it makes esper aggro closer to being competetive.

Kithkin would like a word with you. So would Isamaru.
    How good this will be for constructed really depends on how far wizards pushes the esper aggro archetype, technically esper aggro is already possible, its just not good enough and esperzoa's ability isnt really the kind of thing you want in an aggo deck...unless ornithopter starts being played.

As for limited, personally i wouldn't pick it unless my deck is looking to be ridiculously fast, its a really really dead card drawn past the early game in most cases.
    Decent card, will be played in Limited, doubt it will see play in Standard, and it's too small for the format where it would be best (Extended). Shockingly a 2/2 for 1 is below the curve these days.
    Quote from DYH
    "You!"

The crowd turns to look at CropCircles.

"What are you doing - unhand me!" JodoYodo shouts, as CropCircles makes suckerfish noises while grabbing JY's head with both hands.

I WANT YOUR DEATH BARONS! Message me if you want to get rid of them!
    Quote from Cap"nNimbus
    How good this will be for constructed really depends on how far wizards pushes the esper aggro archetype, technically esper aggro is already possible, its just not good enough and esperzoa's ability isnt really the kind of thing you want in an aggo deck...unless ornithopter starts being played.

As for limited, personally i wouldn't pick it unless my deck is looking to be ridiculously fast, its a really really dead card drawn past the early game in most cases.

You're right, I would never bounce my permanents to get a 4/3 flying creature early on to crush face with. OH WAIT

Also a 2/2 on turn 1 isn't bad when you also pack master of etherium =\ *shakes his head*
    In an Esper deck it's basically a 2/2 for W with no drawbacks. E.G. REALLY good.

And it's common?
    Currently Playing/Working on:
    EDH:
    :symw::symu: Hannah
    blue mana Sad Day's Tommorow
    white mana Almost Nine-Tails

Standard:
    Legacy:
    Quote from roussos
    Thats ok for limited.
    Dunno about constructed,maybe esper aggro :p

We know we're spoiled if a 2/2 for 1 common is considered "ok for limited." Just because we don't have an "Esper Aggro" right now doesn't mean he won't come along. In this block, it's not like it's hard to find an artifact or two.
    www.mtgotraders.com - Enter Code PANDAPAYPAL for 8% off!
    www.CapeFearGames.com - Enter Code PANDA for 5% off!
    Limit of 1 coupon per order
    Personally I hope he looks kind of like the token art. Smashing your opponent with a cute little blue alien makes me happy Smile
    Quote from Souljer
    There comes a time in every young Planeswalker's life that he realizes he has not been reading the card as well as he should. This is your time.

Quote from dragonmago
    Because milling is like a VD: Rarely lethal, annoying as hell and makes you look bad with your friends.

Hence "I got crabs"
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes